• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Malcom

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Not that bothered tbh, as far as young exciting talent we can try Pavon now even if he doesn’t arrive in January.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If the club aren't at the very least pushing for a deal now for him to come in the summer then they're truly as useless as everyone suspects them to be.

If we've decided we really want Malcom we have to be proactive about it. We decided we really wanted Lemar, it didn't happen and we thought we'd come back for him, a few months later things change. Just letting Malcom go with a vague intention of coming back for him in the summer will only end in failure; someone else will come for him and he'll be another 'we-nearly-signed-man'.

My worry is that the deal for Mkhitaryan will block any future deal for an exciting young attacker. That's why i'm so hesitant about Mkhitaryan.

HBL

Established Member
Wenger doesn’t usually give much away on transfers so hopefully we’re still in for him.

Can’t see it happening though as Bordeaux are reluctant to sell and I doubt they can get an adequate replacement as they’re in a relegation battle.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
If the club aren't at the very least pushing for a deal now for him to come in the summer then they're truly as useless as everyone suspects them to be.

If we've decided we really want Malcom we have to be proactive about it. We decided we really wanted Lemar, it didn't happen and we thought we'd come back for him, a few months later things change. Just letting Malcom go with a vague intention of coming back for him in the summer will only end in failure; someone else will come for him and he'll be another 'we-nearly-signed-man'.

My worry is that the deal for Mkhitaryan will block any future deal for an exciting young attacker. That's why i'm so hesitant about Mkhitaryan.

It looks like we did everything but the player doesn’t want to come or the club don’t want to sell in January, there’s nothing else we can do really besides kidnapping him.

If he continues his great season I have no doubt we will come back for him.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
It looks like we did everything but the player doesn’t want to come or the club don’t want to sell in January, there’s nothing else we can do really besides kidnapping him.

If he continues his great season I have no doubt we will come back for him.

I obviously don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but it looks like we tried to bring in Malcom right away and that has upset Bordeaux. But surely as soon as this Mkhitaryan business came up, we should be softening our stance and telling Bordeaux we'll pay 50m euro but he stays till the summer. I don't see how they could refuse that; 50m euro is a fantastic price for them and they certainly don't expect him to stay beyond the summer.

Anyway, it's not just about the excitement Malcom would bring, this squad really needs some quality young players. A lot of the quality in the squad is older, especially so if Auba and Mkhi come. Malcom would be a very sensible long-term investment, not just a flashy toy.

morpho

Established Member
Doesnt make any sense from a Bordeaux point of view to make that kind of a deal. Why not just hold on to him and get even more money in 6 months?

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Doesnt make any sense from a Bordeaux point of view to make that kind of a deal. Why not just hold on to him and get even more money in 6 months?

True, but it's also a big risk from them to take that decision. They're in a pretty dire situation, from what I gather their team is utter crap. It's a huge gamble to turn down money now in the hope of more money in the future.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Can't say I'm overly fussed to miss out on a player I never heard off until the 5th January.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Although Malcom is a bright talent, he's still raw & inconsistent.

Not fussed about missing out Malcom, I'd be gutted if miss out on Mkhi or PEA.

Bothers me more to be honest. It would show a change at the club. The ability to buy top young talent is something we haven't done since Reyes.

It would also appease the fans. Losing Alexis and buying Mhiki and Auba, + losing Özil in the summer and then probably not replacing him isn't good enough.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Bothers me more to be honest. It would show a change at the club. The ability to buy top young talent is something we haven't done since Reyes.

We beat top clubs to sign Walcott, Ox and Ramsey when they were prospects. They might not developed under Wenger as well as we hoped for though.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Can't say I'm overly fussed to miss out on a player I never heard off until the 5th January.

I am surprised, since you follow the French league, that you never heard of Malcom. He is Bordeaux best player and has been really good last season.

Top Bottom