• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A Bald Fraud's Chester City

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
neener-neener-neener-23271912.png

I can live with infiltrators on our forum, but not if they patronise or belittle us

You didn't get Sanchez so perhaps you'd be happier back home now?
When lies are being spouted, some people deserve to be patronised.

I'm more than happy to discuss things with no sarcasm, but when words are deliberately getting twisted, maybe it's needed occasionally.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Please show me where I moaned?
You ok? Need a hug?

City wont be able to continue their "downsizing" of contracts after Pep leaves, which he will (and Arteta wont be replacing him). I expect you to go back to paying over the top for players to keep winning with whatever new manager comes in.

And even though you have good academy prospects, everyone knows you can't rely on them constantly replacing first teamers, especially if you're not winning trophies.

City wont be able to continue their "downsizing" of contracts after Pep leaves, which he will (and Arteta wont be replacing him). I expect you to go back to paying over the top for players to keep winning with whatever new manager comes in.

And even though you have good academy prospects, everyone knows you can't rely on them constantly replacing first teamers, especially if you're not winning trophies.
Can I have Saturday's lottery numbers please?

al-Ustaadh

Can I have Saturday's lottery numbers please?

Has nothing to do with being a soothsayer. It's common sense. Once the club and fan base get bit by the bug of success, they'll be expecting to reach those new heights consistently year-after-year. Look at Arsenal and its fanbase. Once you win the double twice, go unbeaten for an entire season, play in a Champions League final, and get a new stadium, what do you expect? We've been tortured for years now, but have been limited financially while the monarchs and oligarchs pump the money in. Even if you're self-sufficient now or still being financially doped with oil money -whichever it is, and I don't care - you'll go back to paying over the top on transfer fees, agent fees, and salaries. You'll want to maintain that level. No brainer, dude.

Right now, City is lucky to have Pep. He gives an aura of hope and success, which attracts players on the cheap. But once he's gone, and you know he wont stay but for a couple more seasons, the expectations will have changed and you'll more than likely hire a manager who's not even close to his ability (I mean, who is right now?). Expectations will override common sense, and you'll go back to splashin' the cash.

Has nothing to do with being a soothsayer. It's common sense. Once the club and fan base get bit by the bug of success, they'll be expecting to reach those new heights consistently year-after-year. Look at Arsenal and its fanbase. Once you win the double twice, go unbeaten for an entire season, play in a Champions League final, and get a new stadium, what do you expect? We've been tortured for years now, but have been limited financially while the monarchs and oligarchs pump the money in. Even if you're self-sufficient now or still being financially doped with oil money -whichever it is, and I don't care - you'll go back to paying over the top on transfer fees, agent fees, and salaries. You'll want to maintain that level. No brainer, dude.
Actually you were financially limited because you had a stadium to pay for, now that is built, and paid for, you are in no way financially limited, it's just your board fleecing and conning the fans.

And no, it's not a no-brainer, you can't see into the future any more than I can.

al-Ustaadh

Actually you were financially limited because you had a stadium to pay for, now that is built, and paid for, you are in no way financially limited, it's just your board fleecing and conning the fans.

And no, it's not a no-brainer, you can't see into the future any more than I can.

It's an absolute no-brainer - Manchester United and Arsenal's fanbases show this right now. Even Real Madrid and Barcelona do. There's no grounding of expectations. Once trophies decline, the fan base wants them to spend spend spend to maintain those expectations. City will fall into that trap after Pep leaves and you'll go back to spending over the top.

Um... You're an expert of ignoring what's already been stated... But yeah, I said we have been financially limited. While we are doing better financially, and should be reinvesting more money into the club, you are still miles ahead of us from your original financial doping even when it comes to commercial revenues (there are very much still questionable commercial deals that exist between Manchester City and Qatar).

You can't ignore the fact that when the oligarchs and monarchs stepped in to financially dope their own clubs that that had a tremendous effect on our ability to compete in the market during the construction of our new stadium - although I still partially blame Kroenke for not wanting to go through with the 200m pounds rights issue, but he's not alone. Still playing catch up in that sense. Wenger even admitted today that we offered what we could within our financial abilities - near 300,000 pounds a week as last reported. And it's quite clear Alexis wanted a payday, not to actually compete for the CL. If the latter was the case, he would've gone to Bayern over the summer.

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The stadium isnt paid for. Stick to City.

Um... You're an expert of ignoring what's already been stated... But yeah, I said we have been financially limited. While we are doing better financially, and should be reinvesting more money into the club, you are still miles ahead of us from your original financial doping even when it comes to commercial revenues (there are very much still questionable commercial deals that exist between Manchester City and Qatar).
Questionable deals with Qatar?

News to me, care to point those out for me? Or is this just another figment of your wild imagination?

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
You had a good start but you are annoying me now.
I don’t know why they are allowed to post here. I don’t know how hey have the face to say City is not cheating with money. Their bald pep wasted a lot of money to finally buy the 1st place.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Questionable deals with Qatar?

News to me, care to point those out for me? Or is this just another figment of your wild imagination?

Come on now dont play dumb you know he meant Etihad.

Manchester City will bank up to £400m under their new sponsorship arrangement with Etihad Airways, making it the largest deal of its kind in sport and reinforcing City's position as a football club with unprecedented financial power.

The 10-year agreement, which means City's ground is renamed the Etihad Stadium, will be worth more than twice the previous record, JP Morgan Chase's $300m (£187m) for the new Madison Square Garden, while simultaneously demonstrating the growing disparity between the top clubs in English football.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/jul/08/manchester-city-deal-etihad-airways

Etihad cooked the books to help you guys keep spending by offering double the going rate for stadium naming rights.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom