• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
The player wants out and only has 6 months on contract. We are in a poor negotiating position to be fair. Also I'm sure its known that Wenger rates Mikh
Not really, we already made the financial sacrifice in the summer to keep him. If he stays, he'll join City on a free. Whatever leverage we have here is how desperate United are to keep him from going to their rivals, knowing that there aren't many alternatives in the summer. Griezmann looks likely to join Barcelona and Dybala would cost even more than Alexis. Mkhitaryan+ 10 million is a perfectly reasonable price when you consider that if they were cutting their losses on him, he'd surely be sold for less than the £26m he came for.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I don't. They're trying it on. What I find laughable is that we should fall for it. They are desperate to make a big statement to their fans, we should have called their bluff and asked for at least £35 million and no other players involved in the deal. They know damn well that if they wait until the summer Citeh will pick him up.
I don't blame United tbf, a straight swap of players would be great for them. Hopefully the club stands firm and gets what they want, or the player stays.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don't blame United tbf, a straight swap of players would be great for them. Hopefully the club stands firm and gets what they want, or the player stays.
I think that's the hitch. We want cash plus Cuckhi and they're b!tching about an extra £10m or so.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
I think that's the hitch. We want cash plus Cuckhi and they're b!tching about an extra £10m or so.
£10m is nothing for United, just hold out for it and don't pay stupid wages to the fat one. They want Sanchez, they have to pay for him now otherwise he goes on a free and the bidding begins.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
£10m is nothing for United, just hold out for it and don't pay stupid wages to the fat one. They want Sanchez, tey have to pay for him now otherwise he goes on a free and the bidding begins.
I don't know how they can think a straight swap is fine anyway. Alexis is worth triple what Mhki is worth as a player. They need him desperately to make a step up.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I don't know how they can think a straight swap is fine anyway. Alexis is worth triple what Mhki is worth as a player. They need him desperately to make a step up.

United will get desperate if we change our stance and play hard ball. We're desperate to sell him but United are even more desperate than us to clinch this deal.

I'm sure they are fully aware that if they don't get him in this window, they'll have little or no chance of signing Alexis.

We should hold out for more than 10M. That's peanuts in this current market.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Now we know other clubs feel when Arsenal low ball them.

You still gonna call him Cuckhi if he comes? :lol:

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Can't agree with any of that bro, sorry. It's all based on speculation.

I don't think we could have nailed down Sanchez, he's getting older used to moving around, has no real history with Arsenal, would like more money, probably doesn't like the stuff happening between the fans and Wenger (who can blame him) and has a greater probability of silverware at a richer club. All good reasons. Why would he stay?

Liverpool couldn't hang on to Suarez, Torres, Sterling, Couhtinho, Mascherano, Alonso, Owen, McManaman etc. It's just the same.

It's a natural law in football that you're trying to deny. Talented players will drift to richer clubs . . . more money, greater probability of success.

Arguing that these cheaper clubs like Arsenal and Liverpool lack ambition or are sh*t at dealing with contracts, is all part of the 'we're a sh*t club', narrative.
'It's all speculation' - but you then go on to speculate 3-4 reasons as to why we never would have been able to hold on to him :lol:

All of the examples you've listed, except for Torres and Sterling, went to the elite of the elite clubs (Barca and RM) who admittedly we can't compete with on any front. I have no qualms over Cesc, Hleb, Henry.

Torres was on a clear decline with injury issues, and Sterling who has turned out to be a fantastic player, was a prospect at the time. They made clear upward moves in terms of quality, and were also both locked down to contracts, which allowed Liverpool to get about £50m for each of them. These aren't exactly comparable Van Persie, Nasri and Cole who were star players, and to a lesser extent Toure, Sagna, Clichy, and Adebayor (yes, even him - coming off the back of a 30 goal season) who were key parts of the team. They all made sideways moves to teams that were roughly at our level, in the same league. Man City did not have a greater probability of success when Toure, Adebayor etc. signed for them, the opposite actually.

And once again, with RVP, Nasri, Cole and Sagna, the issue was contractual. Be it 12 months left, gone on a free, or not offering enough with Ashley.

So I know we're at a disadvantage. But the point I'm trying to make is, how do you deal with that disadvantage. Other teams are locking down their stars early, meaning that even if they do leave they can demand astronomical fees. Coutinho was given an increase and new contract last year when he was hitting form. Meanwhile we're dilly dallying with Sanchez, who's been one of the leagues best players pretty much since he stepped into the club. It's terrible mis-management.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
'It's all speculation' - but you then go on to speculate 3-4 reasons as to why we never would have been able to hold on to him :lol:

All of the examples you've listed, except for Torres and Sterling, went to the elite of the elite clubs (Barca and RM) who admittedly we can't compete with on any front. I have no qualms over Cesc, Hleb, Henry.

Torres was on a clear decline with injury issues, and Sterling who has turned out to be a fantastic player, was a prospect at the time. They made clear upward moves in terms of quality, and were also both locked down to contracts, which allowed Liverpool to get about £50m for each of them. These aren't exactly comparable Van Persie, Nasri and Cole who were star players, and to a lesser extent Toure, Sagna, Clichy, and Adebayor (yes, even him - coming off the back of a 30 goal season) who were key parts of the team. They all made sideways moves to teams that were roughly at our level, in the same league. Man City did not have a greater probability of success when Toure, Adebayor etc. signed for them, the opposite actually.

And once again, with RVP, Nasri, Cole and Sagna, the issue was contractual. Be it 12 months left, gone on a free, or not offering enough with Ashley.

So I know we're at a disadvantage. But the point I'm trying to make is, how do you deal with that disadvantage. Other teams are locking down their stars early, meaning that even if they do leave they can demand astronomical fees. Coutinho was given an increase and new contract last year when he was hitting form. Meanwhile we're dilly dallying with Sanchez, who's been one of the leagues best players pretty much since he stepped into the club. It's terrible mis-management.
Huge amount of speculation again bro.

You can't possibly know if it's mis-management, unless you have real answers to these questions.

What effects has the ongoing Wenger/fan rift had on Sanchez? When did we actually start negotiations with his agent? How much have we offered him and when? How does our offer compare to what City/United can offer? Has Sanchez fallen out with any players? Has he been happy in living London?

If you know the answers to those questions then you might be in a position to make a judgement about the circumstances surrounding this case.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Today:
DT6GqEoXcAgbGNH.jpg

Özil face equal GTFO Alexis
one for the body language experts

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Huge amount of speculation again bro.

You can't possibly know if it's mis-management, unless you have real answers to these questions.

What effects has the ongoing Wenger/fan rift had on Sanchez? When did we actually start negotiations with his agent? How much have we offered him and when? How does our offer compare to what City/United can offer? Has Sanchez fallen out with any players? Has he been happy in living London?

If you know the answers to those questions then you might be in a position to make a judgement about the circumstances surrounding this case.
I don't know what you define as 'speculation', but this is a forum mate. It's about discussion, making observations, spotting trends in the team. Building arguments and counter-arguments. I know that you tend to only deal in absolutes, but it can't only work like that. We can't limit discussion solely to statistics and other objective measures. I can say "hey, we're conceding goals because we're unprepared for the counter attack, our midfielders don't protect the defence, our defenders aren't strong enough". That's an observation, and a fair one I think. Certain things won't be proven with statistics, but that doesn't make it invalid.

So to build on that, my observations are that:

a. We've allowed players to run down their contracts too often.
b. We've subsequently allowed them to join sides, who I believe are at a similar level to us, offering wages that we should be able to match in the cases I've stated.
c. We mis-manage our wages, which effects a and b. We have players not really contributing,but taking up millions in salary over the year. Debuchy, Coquelin, Jenkinson and Mertesacker. Previously we had Arteta and Rosicky contributing nothing but taking a very nice wage - similar or more than players actually on the pitch. Walcott's contract was a mistake. Wilshere (who I'm a big fan of) was given 2 contract increases when he was contributing **** all and generally injured.

This is why we have such a high wage bill despite apparently lacking in squad depth, and it means that when the time comes where Özil/Sanchez want 250k, it's not as simple as it should be.

As for your questions and final point, that's just silly man. I apparently need insider info to make observations about the club I follow. Like I said, what's the point of a forum. Exchanging statistics?

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Not really, we already made the financial sacrifice in the summer to keep him. If he stays, he'll join City on a free. Whatever leverage we have here is how desperate United are to keep him from going to their rivals, knowing that there aren't many alternatives in the summer. Griezmann looks likely to join Barcelona and Dybala would cost even more than Alexis. Mkhitaryan+ 10 million is a perfectly reasonable price when you consider that if they were cutting their losses on him, he'd surely be sold for less than the £26m he came for.
If the reports of Utd offering 500k/week are true then he might join them in the summer anyway. Very few people in the world can turn down that kind of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom