• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
If the reports of Utd offering 500k/week are true then he might join them in the summer anyway. Very few people in the world can turn down that kind of money.
Maybe, but if there's no transfer fee City/PSG et al can make up for it with a huge signing on fee.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't know what you define as 'speculation', but this is a forum mate. It's about discussion, making observations, spotting trends in the team. Building arguments and counter-arguments. I know that you tend to only deal in absolutes, but it can't only work like that. We can't limit discussion solely to statistics and other objective measures. I can say "hey, we're conceding goals because we're unprepared for the counter attack, our midfielders don't protect the defence, our defenders aren't strong enough". That's an observation, and a fair one I think. Certain things won't be proven with statistics, but that doesn't make it invalid.

So to build on that, my observations are that:

a. We've allowed players to run down their contracts too often.
b. We've subsequently allowed them to join sides, who I believe are at a similar level to us, offering wages that we should be able to match in the cases I've stated.
c. We mis-manage our wages, which effects a and b. We have players not really contributing,but taking up millions in salary over the year. Debuchy, Coquelin, Jenkinson and Mertesacker. Previously we had Arteta and Rosicky contributing nothing but taking a very nice wage - similar or more than players actually on the pitch. Walcott's contract was a mistake. Wilshere (who I'm a big fan of) was given 2 contract increases when he was contributing **** all and generally injured.

This is why we have such a high wage bill despite apparently lacking in squad depth, and it means that when the time comes where Özil/Sanchez want 250k, it's not as simple as it should be.

As for your questions and final point, that's just silly man. I apparently need insider info to make observations about the club I follow. Like I said, what's the point of a forum. Exchanging statistics?
We're different people.

Never been interested in speculations built on flimsy evidence. People make one assumption, then another, then another and before you know it, they're obssessed about something that's built on sand. That's how lynch mob's work and why people believe in the paranormal and deities.

There's plenty of data in football for people to use in their arguments. But the main problem is that people don't like what the data shows. So they have to mock statistics to keep their narrative.

You mentioned defence. If you think a defence looks tactically poor on the pitch, you look to see if we're shipping goals. If we are, it supports your observations .. like this season. But if we're keeping clean sheets and not conceding goals only an idiot keeps saying our defence is sh*t. That's what happened in 2015/16 . . the waffle on this forum was unbearable.

Goonerozil33

It is laughable that people blaming the club for Alexis wanting out. His actions from the time he joined was consistent with his intention to leave us. Look at all the other signings we made recently. They are all on 5 year contracts, except alexis. He wanted it that way so that he can move again. As for Man U not suiting his style of play I disagree. He has lost a little bit of pace and now plays a more withdrawn role. Also he does his own thing in attack instead playing for the team. These things suit United more than it does for structured attacking teams like Arsenal and City. Mourinho never criticizes his attacker for losing ball or shooting from distance. He cares mostly about defence and in attack players are free to do as they please.

PS: It is interesting to hear Pep saying he only wants to sign nice players who does not disrupt the harmony. The general feeling around here is Alexis is a winner and hence he is pissed off and disrupting the harmony

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I think that's the hitch. We want cash plus Cuckhi and they're b!tching about an extra £10m or so.
Imagine the shoe was on the other foot. Negotiating in good faith only at the last minute to have the seller hike the price up (cough Higuain)

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot

Preacher

Always Crying
Alexis will be in the Arsenal squad tomorrow and likely to start. According Daily Mail, Mirror, Express.

Surely they're on the wind up:lol:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

As if the bit under my username has changed. Guess my time on this forum is done, as you were, OO, x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom