• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2018

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Has anybody had any success with Fekir as an inside forward on the right?
No play him as attacking midfielder he doing well for me don't know why his shooting is so awful always get in great positions and then shoot it wide.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Already planning what to do on FM once the January transfer window is over and they update the rosters. Hoping Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang, and Malcom are on there (and they actually make Maitland-Niles and Mavropanos good). If so...

----------------Lacazette/Aubameyang----------------
Iwobi/Nelson-------------------------Mkhitaryan/Malcom
---------------Özil/Wilshere--------Ramsey/Xhaka------------
Kolasinac/Sessegnon----Maitland-Niles/New DM----Bellerin/New RWB
-----------Koscielny/Mertesacker---Mustafi/Chambers-----------
------------------------Cech/Guzman--------------------------

Rest of squad: Macey, Mavropanos, Willock, Nketiah, Reine-Adelaide, and Sheaf.

Loan Holding and Bielik.

Thinking of trying Sheaf at RWB if they up his stats more. He's so good. Might give a place to Macey if they do the same.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Already planning what to do on FM once the January transfer window is over and they update the rosters. Hoping Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang, and Malcom are on there (and they actually make Maitland-Niles and Mavropanos good). If so...

----------------Lacazette/Aubameyang----------------
Iwobi/Nelson-------------------------Mkhitaryan/Malcom
---------------Özil/Wilshere--------Ramsey/Xhaka------------
Kolasinac/Sessegnon----Maitland-Niles/New DM----Bellerin/New RWB
-----------Koscielny/Mertesacker---Mustafi/Chambers-----------
------------------------Cech/Guzman--------------------------

Rest of squad: Macey, Mavropanos, Willock, Nketiah, Reine-Adelaide, and Sheaf.

Loan Holding and Bielik.

Thinking of trying Sheaf at RWB if they up his stats more. He's so good. Might give a place to Macey if they do the same.

Keep in mind you can change the players yourself if you find someone criminally underrated/overrated.

All players have a Current Ability and a Potential Ability rating between 1 and 200, and some of them are just straight up wrong/outdated. An example of a player I used to always change was Giroud, who was rated on par with top players and quite frankly made too quick as well.

I find that they generally do a good job, but it's always a bit deflating when a youngster makes a breakthrough to the first team and he's still awful in the game. AMN is a good example of this right now, where his potential basically limits him to be a Championship player and his current ability isn't even good enough to get a spot on the bench.

Cech is also severely overrated right now. Still a world class keeper.

al-Ustaadh

Keep in mind you can change the players yourself if you find someone criminally underrated/overrated.

All players have a Current Ability and a Potential Ability rating between 1 and 200, and some of them are just straight up wrong/outdated. An example of a player I used to always change was Giroud, who was rated on par with top players and quite frankly made too quick as well.

I find that they generally do a good job, but it's always a bit deflating when a youngster makes a breakthrough to the first team and he's still awful in the game. AMN is a good example of this right now, where his potential basically limits him to be a Championship player and his current ability isn't even good enough to get a spot on the bench.

Cech is also severely overrated right now. Still a world class keeper.
How can you change them yourself? Never tried or even to look into this.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I think you can buy the editor in game? Costs a few £. I dont know anymore but it used to come with an editor that you could use to edit the database for new games and the editor you buy in game is for changing the database on the fly.

Risky though, tempts you to cheat.

al-Ustaadh

I think you can buy the editor in game? Costs a few £. I dont know anything but it used to come with an editor that you could use to edit the database for new games and the editor you buy in game is for changing the database on the fly.

Yeah, that's what I would be afraid of.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

I think you can buy the editor in game? Costs a few £. I dont know anymore but it used to come with an editor that you could use to edit the database for new games and the editor you buy in game is for changing the database on the fly.

Nah, there's an editor that comes with the game. The one you buy just lets you use it in-game, effectively cheating. I don't own that.

In Steam, click Games -> Tools -> Football Manager 2018 Editor. Should look like this if it's not installed:

8AQsbiL.png

The editor itself is fairly easy to use, but there's still a learning curve. Basically just start off with loading the most recent database:

DK6vu3A.png

In the bottom left, there's a bunch of categories (Currencies, Derbies, Descriptions, Injuries, Languages etc). Select "People". In the top right, click "Add Condition" and select "Name". Type in Maitland Niles, and you get this:

hrowHp6.png

Click on him and select "Edit" in the bottom right. You can now edit everything related to AMN. If you want to change his attributes, click "Player Data" in the bottom left, then click "General", and you will see this:

ovJ7btP.png

Simply change his Current Ability to what you feel is correct, and his potential ability as well. Use the "Potential Ability Range" drop down thing to do so, ignore the field that says -75. That was simply the old way of doing it. It will change according to what you pick in the drop down.

The Ability range is basically the floor and ceiling for their development. There's no guarantee you'll hit either as injuries, lack of playing time etc. all factor in.

For reference, top class players usually have Current Ability in the 160+ range. Here's an example of Arsenal's CA/PA's:

7a9sRLo.png

Now you might ask, why do some youngsters have a "-" in front of their Potential Ability? That's the range thing from earlier. A -85 PA translate into a PA between 140 and 170. The higher the number, the better potential they have.

If you want to save your changes, simply click "File" in the top left and click "Save Editor Data As", and give it a name. If you want to change that editor file again, you can load it in the future. Remember to include the file when starting a new game. There should be a fairly obvious option about including editor data etc. when starting up a new game, simply select that and select the file you saved.

There's a ton of things you can change (everything, basically), but this was just a guide to changing the ability of a player. I usually use the editor to change the position of a player if he's being deployed in a way the development team didn't expect before the season etc.

Not gonna lie, in the past I've also used it to put 50 year/£1.000.000 per week contracts on Millwall for **** players just to see them fall apart :lol:

al-Ustaadh

Nah, there's an editor that comes with the game. The one you buy just lets you use it in-game, effectively cheating. I don't own that.

In Steam, click Games -> Tools -> Football Manager 2018 Editor. Should look like this if it's not installed:

8AQsbiL.png

The editor itself is fairly easy to use, but there's still a learning curve. Basically just start off with loading the most recent database:

DK6vu3A.png

In the bottom left, there's a bunch of categories (Currencies, Derbies, Descriptions, Injuries, Languages etc). Select "People". In the top right, click "Add Condition" and select "Name". Type in Maitland Niles, and you get this:

hrowHp6.png

Click on him and select "Edit" in the bottom right. You can now edit everything related to AMN. If you want to change his attributes, click "Player Data" in the bottom left, then click "General", and you will see this:

ovJ7btP.png

Simply change his Current Ability to what you feel is correct, and his potential ability as well. Use the "Potential Ability Range" drop down thing to do so, ignore the field that says -75. That was simply the old way of doing it. It will change according to what you pick in the drop down.

The Ability range is basically the floor and ceiling for their development. There's no guarantee you'll hit either as injuries, lack of playing time etc. all factor in.

For reference, top class players usually have Current Ability in the 160+ range. Here's an example of Arsenal's CA/PA's:

7a9sRLo.png

Now you might ask, why do some youngsters have a "-" in front of their Potential Ability? That's the range thing from earlier. A -85 PA translate into a PA between 140 and 170. The higher the number, the better potential they have.

If you want to save your changes, simply click "File" in the top left and click "Save Editor Data As", and give it a name. If you want to change that editor file again, you can load it in the future. Remember to include the file when starting a new game. There should be a fairly obvious option about including editor data etc. when starting up a new game, simply select that and select the file you saved.

There's a ton of things you can change (everything, basically), but this was just a guide to changing the ability of a player. I usually use the editor to change the position of a player if he's being deployed in a way the development team didn't expect before the season etc.

Not gonna lie, in the past I've also used it to put 50 year/£1.000.000 per week contracts on Millwall for **** players just to see them fall apart :lol:

Holy ****. This is amazing, dude. Thank you. You've opened up a whole new level with this game for me.

al-Ustaadh

8AQsbiL.png

DK6vu3A.png

hrowHp6.png

ovJ7btP.png

7a9sRLo.png

When you change their current and potential abilities, does it automatically update their individual attributes (passing, finishing, etc.)?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
When you change their current and potential abilities, does it automatically update their individual attributes (passing, finishing, etc.)?

It doesn't change how those attributes are distributed, just the value of that attribute. Say a player has 15 finishing, 13 first touch and 10 dribbling. Upping the CA (depending on the amount) would up the values to 16, 14 and 11 accordingly.

If you want to mess with the individual attributes, it's in the Player Data section, just below "General" (mentioned above) if I remember correctly.

Keep in mind that the CA has to line up with what you type into each individual attribute, meaning you can't simply just give a player 20 in everything because the CA doesn't add up to that amount of attributes. Some attributes are also valued higher than others. Pace and Acceleration is weighted much higher than say, Teamwork and Work Rate.

The game adjusts accordingly though, so it's not like you're breaking anything by putting in values than don't add up. Say you give Özil 20 Finishing but don't up his CA, the game will either not do anything or up his finishing at the cost of some other attributes. Hopefully this makes sense :lol:

In short, treat CA as a judgment of how good the players is right now, and the individual stats are basically stat-weights. By giving a player 20 finishing, you're basically telling the game that "a lot of this player's value/ability is tied to his ability to finish".

al-Ustaadh

It doesn't change how those attributes are distributed, just the value of that attribute. Say a player has 15 finishing, 13 first touch and 10 dribbling. Upping the CA (depending on the amount) would up the values to 16, 14 and 11 accordingly.

If you want to mess with the individual attributes, it's in the Player Data section, just below "General" (mentioned above) if I remember correctly.

Keep in mind that the CA has to line up with what you type into each individual attribute, meaning you can't simply just give a player 20 in everything because the CA doesn't add up to that amount of attributes. Some attributes are also valued higher than others. Pace and Acceleration is weighted much higher than say, Teamwork and Work Rate.

The game adjusts accordingly though, so it's not like you're breaking anything by putting in values than don't add up. Say you give Özil 20 Finishing but don't up his CA, the game will either not do anything or up his finishing at the cost of some other attributes. Hopefully this makes sense :lol:

In short, treat CA as a judgment of how good the players is right now, and the individual stats are basically stat-weights. By giving a player 20 finishing, you're basically telling the game that "a lot of this player's value/ability is tied to his ability to finish".

Does it adjust appropriately when I change their positions?

Jasard

Think I'm going to wait until we have concluded our transfer activity before starting my game.

Anyone got any tips for 18 before I start? I don't really understand the dynamics stuff, what do you do to manage it?

@Dokaka :)

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Think I'm going to wait until we have concluded our transfer activity before starting my game.

Anyone got any tips for 18 before I start? I don't really understand the dynamics stuff, what do you do to manage it?

@Dokaka :)

The Dynamics system is fairly intuitive and, to be honest, not that impactful, depending on your managerial status (former experience etc.).

Basically, there's just a tab for it and it shows the hierarchy at the club. The higher a player is in the hierarchy, the more likely it is to cause chaos if you piss him off. You can also see the different social groups at the club, and players from the same social group will obviously stick up for each other.

I really like the game this year. Match engine feels proper improved for the first time in a while.

al-Ustaadh

The Dynamics system is fairly intuitive and, to be honest, not that impactful, depending on your managerial status (former experience etc.).

Basically, there's just a tab for it and it shows the hierarchy at the club. The higher a player is in the hierarchy, the more likely it is to cause chaos if you piss him off. You can also see the different social groups at the club, and players from the same social group will obviously stick up for each other.

I really like the game this year. Match engine feels proper improved for the first time in a while.
Have some complaints with it still. Too much of a drop off when you play away compared to home, especially when you're playing certain teams. I can understand making it difficult when you play away against the better teams but it makes no sense when you play teams away in which you clearly have the better players.

Jasard

Have some complaints with it still. Too much of a drop off when you play away compared to home, especially when you're playing certain teams. I can understand making it difficult when you play away against the better teams but it makes no sense when you play teams away in which you clearly have the better players.

Tell that to Arsenal in real life!!

c00lguy

It depends on tactics. You can't play the same tactics home and away and expect the same performance.

al-Ustaadh

It depends on tactics. You can't play the same tactics home and away and expect the same performance.
I do when I play somebody like Brighton away, but I can understand when it comes to playing somebody like United away.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I need to be talked out of downloading and installing it

is there still create a club feature? I always liked that

been watching a few youtube vids and it is calling me

I don't want to do the "usual"

manage us for 3 seasons with the changes I want to make

grow bored because I can't win the treble

new save manage bayern, psg or real to win it all, fail

take some slightly lower lever team and tihnking I will revolutionize everything and fail

create a club was kinda fun thou, like playing with the editor but with rules

I was thinking of doing something with a narrative, like Leeds rising like the fenix,
the unthinkable, arsenal and tottenham merger? does that make you guys sick to your stomach? I was thinking, a bunch of british millionaires are tired of having the top english club owned by foreigners, they unite the clubs, take the best players from both teams?

Arsenal Hotspurs?

North London United?

Top Bottom