• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Leon Bailey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

There are at least five clubs with more money than us lining up to get this guy. So we are not getting him

Man City enough wingers
Man Utd enough wingers
Barca enough
Real maybe
PSG enough
Bayern will not sell
Liverpool enough
Chelsea maybe

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
There are at least five clubs with more money than us lining up to get this guy. So we are not getting him

Money might not be the deciding factor though. Some things to consider:

Bailey has made no secret of his desire to play in England.

His mother lives with him in Germany, where she is unhappy because it's too cold there. And while London is no Kingston, weather-wise, it would have an advantage over Manchester or Liverpool.

Being from Jamaica, Bailey and his mother are native English-speakers. This could be an advantage over warmer climes such as Spain.

HBL

Established Member
I always get excited when I see there are 20+ new posts, hoping there is a semi-reliable link. This should be closed!

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Money might not be the deciding factor though. Some things to consider:

Bailey has made no secret of his desire to play in England.

His mother lives with him in Germany, where she is unhappy because it's too cold there. And while London is no Kingston, weather-wise, it would have an advantage over Manchester or Liverpool.

Being from Jamaica, Bailey and his mother are native English-speakers. This could be an advantage over warmer climes such as Spain.
England has the worst weather reputation in Europe. If his mom has any say in the matter where do you think she'd rather lie on the beach sipping rum?

In the end its gonna be money though. This has Chelsea/City written all over it.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
England has the worst weather reputation in Europe. If his mom has any say in the matter where do you think she'd rather lie on the beach sipping rum?

In the end its gonna be money though. This has Chelsea/City written all over it.

What makes you think his mother is interested in laying around on a beach drinking rum? Do you think that's all they do in Jamaica?

Again, he's said numerous times he wants to play in England. Chelsea I would consider the favorite since he's said in the past he's a Chelsea fan. Not sure City would be interested, but London would be a nicer (and a bit warmer) destination.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Man City enough wingers
Man Utd enough wingers

Barca enough
Real maybe
PSG enough
Bayern will not sell
Liverpool enough
Chelsea maybe

Since when have these clubs had any problems buying despite having the numbers in place already. Bailey is one of the most sought after players in Europe. For example City were willing to sign Sanchez despite already having Sane, Sterling and Silva.

BBF

We don' have space (or money for a flashy new forward. This isn't happening.

Obviously not true.

We've just sent a 50m bid for a striker we don't need after making a profit this window, and we attempted to spunk 90m on a winger last summer who probably wouldn't have started here.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Obviously not true.

We've just sent a 50m bid for a striker we don't need after making a profit this window, and we attempted to spunk 90m on a winger last summer who probably wouldn't have started here.

Buying this striker gives us yet another attacking option. My previous post alludes to this, as I feel that it affects the likelihood of signing another forward.

We are unlikely to play with more than 5 attacking players on the pitch at any time - Ramsey, Özil, Mkhi, PEA, Laca and Aubameyang is already 6 nailed on starting players. Can't see us adding a 7th player, who is starting material.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I can' progress to knowing much about him to be honest!
He's a sure thing. At the risk of sounding crazy, I have more doubts about Malcom, Fekir, Lemar, AND Mahrez (for each in various ways) than I do Bailey. But that's me.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I can' pretend to knowing much about him to be honest!

20 years, has bags of pace, acceleration, vision, passing and corssing abilities, a good shooting from distance + goddamn flair as well.
+ voted best player of the first half season and is looking like winning it for the whole season even before Lewandowski

Market value is only going to skyrocket to 100m easily, if there's no really bad injury whatsoever.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
People are getting a wee bit ahead of themselves. Better than Fekir? Wise up hey. He's 20, unless you're on the Mbappe level you can't be 100% guaranteed about a player at 20.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
He's a sure thing. At the risk of sounding crazy, I have more doubts about Malcom, Fekir, Lemar, AND Mahrez (for each in various ways) than I do Bailey. But that's me.

Marhez won POTY in the EPL while leading his unfancied team to the title, but you have more doubts on Marhez being a success at AFC than some youngster from the German league?

Hype is real, you sir sound crazy.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Marhez won POTY in the EPL while leading his unfancied team to the title, but you have more doubts on Marhez being a success at AFC than some youngster from the German league?

Hype is real, you sir sound crazy.
Yup, I know. Wouldn’t mind Mahrez, but I still have my doubts over his consistency and tracking back.

Bailey, on the other hand, has an incredibly high ceiling. I also don’t doubt his consistency or defensive contribution.

Edit: In addition, I like Bailey's physique more. He's much stronger than Mahrez. And while he can beat a player like Mahrez, he can also hold the ball up like Iwobi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom