• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
People respect him, they just think he's not that great.
Would not be in any top4 side.

While he probably wouldn't be the best midfielder in any of top top 4 teams, he'd walk into Chelsea and Liverpool's current starting XI's. Might actually be Liverpool's best midfielder, but their midfield is in shambles so that doesn't really say much.

He's a weird fit though, given his style of play.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Its hard to talk about Ramsey because during his purple patch he himself was better than he was now. Still a great player, but we've seen what he can do when everything goes right for him. As things stand I'd take Wilshere over him though.

Jojoba

Ramsey has been really great this season.. Personally I think they'll complement each other well in a 3 man midfield and if they can string a lot of games and build chemistry together they could be among the best midfield duos in the league. Skillset wise they offer different things so if we can get it to work optimally we're in for a treat.
I remember in 2013 or 14 when wenger tried it. He played Wilshere, Ramsey, Cazorla on the right wing with Özil on the free role. It was terrible and wenger got cursed out by our fans. People said they will never want to see this wenger obsession with shoehorning in his British love kids blah blah.

Now you play Wilshere, Ramsey, Mikhi on the Right and Özil in the free role.
Same as in 2013 etc..

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I remember in 2013 or 14 when wenger tried it. He played Wilshere, Ramsey, Cazorla on the right wing with Özil on the free role. It was terrible and wenger got cursed out by our fans. People said they will never want to see this wenger obsession with shoehorning in his British love kids blah blah.

Now you play Wilshere, Ramsey, Mikhi on the Right and Özil in the free role.
Same as in 2013 etc..

Mkhi is nothing like Santi. Santi is an awful off-ball player, always runs towards the ball seeking the layoff. Mkhi is the exact opposite.

Seen this Mkhi = Santi stuff on here a few times and it genuinely confuses me. It's like comparing Paul Scholes to Ljungberg.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Mkhi is nothing like Santi. Santi is an awful off-ball player, always runs towards the ball seeking the layoff. Mkhi is the exact opposite.

Seen this Mkhi = Santi stuff on here a few times and it genuinely confuses me. It's like comparing Paul Scholes to Ljungberg.
You have been around a lot lately.

Longy

While he probably wouldn't be the best midfielder in any of top top 4 teams, he'd walk into Chelsea and Liverpool's current starting XI's. Might actually be Liverpool's best midfielder, but their midfield is in shambles so that doesn't really say much.

He's a weird fit though, given his style of play.

And that's it.
Ramsey doesn't suit our style, he just isn't a baller.
He's too slow with or without the ball for that critical CM spot.

I really don't see him in any top4 team, unless he gets a free role, just not disciplined enough.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
In our new set up with el neny as DM I would like to see Ramesy in for Xhaka. Xhaka offers even less further forward than he does playing the deeper role.

We're missing that midfield goal threat Ramsey would offer that. Against Chelsea bellerin crossed the ball at one point with 4 arsenal players on the edge of the box and only lacazette in. I was pulling my hair out!!

Longy

Ramsey may give you a goal threat, albeit a tiny conversion rate, but it's what it costs us going the other way.

I much prefer a disciplined midfield. I'll admit Xhaka doesn't look too suited with jack in front of Defensive minded mid, but I'd prefer him than Ramsey.

He needs to be as a backup for Özil, light years different but keep him out of cm.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

I am one of those, but here is my ‘defense’
They are sinilar in a way that both have high technique level and football IQ. Both made their names as wide players, yet both did/will end up playing deeper and more central, because of their ability in tight spaces, good passing and generaly; good ideas what to do and how to start our attacks.
They have different attributes, lots of them, but similarity in the way they progress as players and the way we use(d) them clearly shows you why would one compare them.

blaise

Wilshere and Ramsey would have to do a good amount of defensive work if Xhaka ends up playing the role El-Nenny did.

Sounds great on paper, Xhaka spraying and breaking up play... But he still hasn't fixed up on his poor focus at times. He seems to read the game better defensively now, but I'd rather someone tidy in that sweeper role than Xhaka in his current state.

What I like most of ElNenny these two games are his off-ball quickness and ability to go to a 2nd or 3d CB position in a matter of seconds. Think Xhaka is very far from being able to do either of that. His movement is simply levels above required. You ll see really how good ElNennly played these two games if we try Xhaka there. Still think we should try cut our losses with Xhaka as soon as possible.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
And that's it.
Ramsey doesn't suit our style, he just isn't a baller.
He's too slow with or without the ball for that critical CM spot.

I really don't see him in any top4 team, unless he gets a free role, just not disciplined enough.
If we're going to play with another midfielder who looks for goals then it's got to be someone who offers more, like Sergej. Sergej looks to score and is not the most defensively minded player but he tracks back, uses his size to disrupt play and is technically 2 levels above Ramsey. He'd be the perfect player for what Wenger wants Ramsey's role to be.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
With a disciplined DM Ramsey's game will elevate. If we persist with the sweeper (like El Nenny has been) then Wilshere and Ramsey works. The only problem is that Ramsey crowds our attacks. Like many have pointed out, he tends to occupy Ozils position quite often.

He needs disciplined runs. Wilshere - Xhaka is a bit redundant even though it worked against Chelsea. We need midfielders who can stay deep and have some urgency off the ball.

Jae

With a disciplined DM Ramsey's game will elevate. If we persist with the sweeper (like El Nenny has been) then Wilshere and Ramsey works. The only problem is that Ramsey crowds our attacks. Like many have pointed out, he tends to occupy Ozils position quite often.

He needs disciplined runs. Wilshere - Xhaka is a bit redundant even though it worked against Chelsea. We need midfielders who can stay deep and have some urgency off the ball.

Ramsey occupies Özil's space because he is an idiot, not because we don't have a dedicated DM.

progman07

Established Member
Ramsey occupies Özil's space because he is an idiot, not because we don't have a dedicated DM.
Surely he would be dropped if he didn't keep to the tactical instructions of the manager... I believe it's a tactical decision that he takes up those positions, and Ramsey could adapt given a new manager.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
What I like most of ElNenny these two games are his off-ball quickness and ability to go to a 2nd or 3d CB position in a matter of seconds. Think Xhaka is very far from being able to do either of that. His movement is simply levels above required. You ll see really how good ElNennly played these two games if we try Xhaka there. Still think we should try cut our losses with Xhaka as soon as possible.

You think he looked good as a defensive guy in a game we lost 3-1 vs the bottom table team! Get a grip!

His good tackles that finally makes people actually notice him are tackles that shouldn't have to be made in a properly organized team

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Surely he would be dropped if he didn't keep to the tactical instructions of the manager... I believe it's a tactical decision that he takes up those positions, and Ramsey could adapt given a new manager.

Hell Yes

Especially if we play him, Xhaka AND jack in a 3 men midfield

Skillwise they compliment each other greatly

Jae

Tactical instructions and Wenger rarely ever get mentioned in the same sentence.

Most of our past players seem to be of the opinion that Wenger gives them little instructions and allows them to "express themselves" (whatever the f*ck that means).

Wenger never drops anyone, no matter how poor they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom