• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

French Football - Season 17/18

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Is anyone convinced yet that PSG have ridded themselves of that inner weakness they've had these last few years? Obviously we'll find out more against Real, but i'm not so sure.

Yeah I'm not fully convinced either.. Think Real will beat them.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Yeah I'm not fully convinced either.. Think Real will beat them.

Yeah I think it's a possibility, we'll see. The problem is there really is just so little real competition for them in Ligue 1, they can go for months without coming up against a side anywhere near as good as them. That doesn't breed strength. Today you see them come up against a strong side finally and they look a bit bereft of ideas.

Bayern, for instance, also play in a league where they win most games and most teams are vastly inferior to them. But Bayern have a self-maintaining system of checks and balances; they don't allow themselves to be complacent. So when they do come up against a big team, they're ready for it.

I don't see that same culture of "we must win" at PSG that I see at Bayern, for example. I see more of a culture of "we should win".

Still one of the best sides in Europe, obviously.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Ah. Neymar didn't start and Mbappe came off injured in the first half.

Fekir looked like he played well too.

Last edited:

Eduardo_da_Silva

Best thing about him that he is on loan and Lyon will get him for 10 mil €. Long live our french scout team.

Heard some good things about Zambo as well. We could use both him and Ndombele.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

As time goes on I get a stronger and stronger impression that PSG is temporary accommodation until a move to Madrid materialises in the summer of 2019 potentially.

The task of winning the Champions League is of course a serious one and he'll be doing everything he can to achieve that with PSG. But he is clearly taking the piss out of Ligue 1, he holds it in complete contempt.

He's also doing wee bits of outrageous skill in league games. Now of course other players have done that and it doesn't mean you're disrespecting the opponent, but the way Neymar does it he clearly has no respect for players he deems beneath him. No way would he behave like this in La Liga. Plenty of players are trouble off the field and act like divas, but when they're on the pitch they will engage and play like anyone else. I can't remember the last time I saw a player on the pitch so detached from the origins of a football match: 22 players trying to beat each other with respect.

His teammates are defending him publicly of course, but in private I cannot imagine they're all happy with him. He's in serious danger of losing all touch with reality. Boy needs a slap.

carlito'sway

Established Member
@carlito'sway

How’s Malcom, Fekir, and Lemar’s performances been since the last week of the transfer window?

None of them have really set the world on fire. Fekir scored yesterday but was rather average for the last few weeks. Lemar is just coming back from injury (had a good full game today though) and Malcom is embroiled in a diving / penalty controversy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom