• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Swansea City v Arsenal | January 30, 2018 19:45 GMT

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobP

Memri Fan
How can we go from the best defensive stats in the league 2015/16 to the worst, in just two seasons? It's impossible. 3 of the players are the same ffs.

It's because panic has set in.

Have you ever considered that maybe, just maybe, the 2015-2016 season was a complete anomaly?

It's quite ridiculous that you repeatedly bring up that single season as proof that we are or ever have been a defensively sturdy unit. Not exactly a representative sample.

Gooner_girl14

I think it's clear as day that the players have lost faith in the manager. When our new signing who has barely been here 6 months looks like a shell of himself, something is very wrong with the structure, mentality and morale of the team. No wonder Alexis was so desperate to leave.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Let me also be on record to say this loss is less down to Wenger and more on the players.
How Wenger responds is what matters. If he drops Mustafi, Monreal and Lacazette, and brings back Jack for Ramsey, then the team suddenly plays better! magic.
Jack was ill else he would have played. He can't drop Lacazette unless we sign Auba or keep Giroud.

blaze_of_glory

Have you ever considered that maybe, just maybe, the 2015-2016 season was a complete anomaly?

It's quite ridiculous that you repeatedly bring up that single season as proof that we are or ever have been a defensively sturdy unit. Not exactly a representative sample.
Defense was very good the year before as well I believe. Only in the last two seasons has it got noticeably bad, though I may be wrong if someone has stats to show it.

Actually think the "Özil era" peaked in his first year. Pre-Alexis, with the Ramsey-Arteta/Flamini midfield and Santi playing a big role in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom