• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Swansea City v Arsenal | January 30, 2018 19:45 GMT

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I think doing the Giroud deal right before they hit the pitch didn’t do the team any favors either. Still inexcusable to lose. Why Wenger didn’t start Mkhitaryan for Jack is beyond me. Why bring in a quality player to not play him?
Because Iwobi is his pet. We'll soon ruin Miki's forward thinking, just you wait. Nobody takes any responsibility here. They just pass it sideways until they somehow find a spot for a quick one-two and possibly score.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Xhaka- I can't stand this guy and hope he's sold for whatever they can get for him in the summer. He's slow, has mediocre technique and can barely pick a pass, let alone tackle.
I just don't see the point of buying him when he's like a square peg in a round hole. He doesn't fit the system at all and you're playing with fire whenever he goes up the pitch.
Last season he was getting booked left and right, but had those Beckham-esque diagonals in the short patch when the team played more directly.
This season he's not getting booked as much, but the diagonals are completely gone from his game and he's more of a liability than an asset.

I have responses to all players, man you are right on some but totally of on others

Xhaka in a team that can defend together would shine, he did in Germany and well you know germans are known for that, organization

he is slow yes, but with his vision he can manage anyway, especially in a team setup to benefit from his strengths strong in the tackle if he doesn't have to chase, strong header, great longranger

play him between n' slightly behind Jack and Ramsey and ALL three can play to their strengths

blaze_of_glory

and play what?

Bellerin affects the game just by being on the pitch

Iwobi does great for Nigeria and scores, he doesn't for us because we play retardedly
So we should keep playing a guy who is not playing well for us? Bellerin certainly does affect the game though...

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Xhaka in a team that can defend together would shine, he did in Germany and well you know germans are known for that, organization
Well, that goes out the window before you buy him, doesn't it? We all know that you can cherry pick the best defenders that ever were and put them in this team and they would underperform. Xhaka isn't suited for this tippy-tappy bullsh*t that Wenger plays.
I can see him being more useful in a counterattacking team where he's playing in a deeper role spraying diagonals for wingers, but in this slow buildup team with predictable play he is a liability, simple as.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So glad this game wasn't on TV.

Let me give you the rational Arséne. Playing away from home is different from playing at home. Yes the fundamental are the same, rectangle grass pitch, 22 men, 1 ref etc but the atmosphere, the dimensions, crowd pressure, not being use to bumps, different slickness in the pitch all these variables and more make away from home different. And until you recognise that there is a difference then there will always be problems.
That's why when you're playing away from home you've got to go for as much procession as possible to keep the crowd quiet.

Read an article recently about money ruining the EPL. The simple fact is that the 6 teams at the top have such dominance that lower teams are all sitting back deep, hoping to catch the big teams on the break. It'll work occasionally like it did tonight and against Liverpool, but it's killing the excitement and making games really dull to watch. The only exciting games are when the top teams play each other or the lower teams play each other.

But what else can they do?

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Iwobi and Bellerin should be dropped for a few games imo
Iwobi should be loaned off somewhere with an option to buy in the summer. He's been decent in his first season, but in the last year he's been pretty useless.
I'd recall back Perez from his nightmarish exodus and play him instead. That guy at least impacts the game in some way and plays it forward.
As for Bellerin, someone needs to do him a solid and teach him how to cross the ball, for Pete's sake. He also looks like he lost a good amount of that pace he had in the past.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Could tell about 5 mins in that we were ****ed. Bit of rain/bad weather and this team goes into their shell. Sounds cliche but it's true. They never fancy it.
Nothing more uncomfortable than wet balls and wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom