• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Even without an option to buy? That's weird, so we sold Jiroo to Chelsea so they could take Bats on loan for only 6 mounts? ffs:lol:
still not clear but it could be with option to buy. Chelsea are mess you just don't know what they doing.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i don't think how you get called Smart Club when you spent 260M in single season. that not smart that just called outspend everybody and win everything.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
They'll be the first team in to spend 400M in single season this is amazing this not even could happen in FM :lol:

DUyr1O7XUAE6qVE

:lol::lol:

senna

i don't think how you get called Smart Club when you spent 260M in single season. that not smart that just called outspend everybody and win everything.

I think its smart cos they are buying young world class players and setting the club up for the next 10 years - who knows where transfer fees maybe at then? In comparison to say man utd who have spent big on older players e.g. sanchez, mata, ibra who only have couple of seasons left or chelsea who have bought dross like Drinkwater, zappacosta etc.

they've spent £260m but all those players could be worth total £400m -500m in 2-3 years times.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Tbf, I think the quote has been taken out of context.

I believe he answered some question and said that there does exist a limit to City's spending, and the headline makes it seem like he is complaining. He was just stating it as a fact.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
As in do you think it's a reasonable course of action?
I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a player because someone is out for 8 weeks. I would've looked to see how Phil Foden or Brahim Diaz do before possibly settling on a cheaper option as cover, but since Sane's injury happened so late in the month they didn't really have that luxury.

I don't necessarily agree with it but I understand Guardiola's thinking, no matter what we may think of spending £60m on a squad player.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I don't blame Guardiola for spending the way he is, they're aiming for winning the CL and they need as many talented players as they can get. Let's just not pretend he's some sort of genius though.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Not the best of deals for Sandro and Everton back off to Sevilla on loan with an option to buy.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I don't blame Guardiola for spending the way he is, they're aiming for winning the CL and they need as many talented players as they can get. Let's just not pretend he's some sort of genius though.
when a team can afford to play 50m+ to cover for a 4 week injury, we are approaching the end game for competitive football at the top level in this country

I really wish I had a local team in a lower division I could support, where a team is a team and not a collection of very expensive mercenaries

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
when a team can afford to play 50m+ to cover for a 4 week injury, we are approaching the end game for competitive football at the top level in this country

I really wish I had a local team in a lower division I could support, where a team is a team and not a collection of very expensive mercenaries

I recommend giving Ballymena Utd a go. They'll never let you down, apart from every Saturday.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Think it’s abit sickening that City can spend so obscenely, Laporte and now trying with Mahrez.

Also shows you why no clubs are touching Mahrez, Leicester want much more than 50M and he’s simply not worth it.
I can see why in a way. He's good enough to be an expensive player, but not good enough to be a top club's biggest attacker. He's in a weird spot in between where clubs eventually just don't bother paying his fee then, unless you're City with all the money in the world.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
L'equipe is saying that the big noze in Manchester already has signed for LA Galaxy while a major swedish newspaper is saying that a deal is close but not completed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom