• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Swansea City v Arsenal | January 30, 2018 19:45 GMT

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

I'd go with this for next game.
---------------Ospina------------------
AMN------Chambers--Kos------Kola/Nacho
------------Wilshere--Elneny---------
Ramsey--------Özil-----------Mikhi
-----------------PEA---------------

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
What-happen-you-eat-cupcake.gif

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
AMN would be my choice at the moment. Our RB options are horrible, but Bellerin has been up there with our worst performers this year.

rosetinted glasses on if you think AMN has been that great

he mixes up and downs, he is talented and he should get playing time but he is not in our starting XI IMO

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Just when you start to get excited about a signing as an Arsenal fan, we get a reminder that we will always be crap anyway because our defence, goalkeeper and manager are below par.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Iwobi should be loaned off somewhere with an option to buy in the summer. He's been decent in his first season, but in the last year he's been pretty useless.
I'd recall back Perez from his nightmarish exodus and play him instead. That guy at least impacts the game in some way and plays it forward.
As for Bellerin, someone needs to do him a solid and teach him how to cross the ball, for Pete's sake. He also looks like he lost a good amount of that pace he had in the past.

he puts crosses in

but we have no movement and no players up there

playing Laca AND Auba there will stretch opp defenses some to give room for ramsey et al (and both would be there to pounce

c00lguy

Only way we can salvage this season is by winning a double. That would be progress imo.
But we only have like a 5% chance of doing it.

BobP

Memri Fan
Defense was very good the year before as well I believe. Only in the last two seasons has it got noticeably bad, though I may be wrong if someone has stats to show it.

Actually think the "Özil era" peaked in his first year. Pre-Alexis, with the Ramsey-Arteta/Flamini midfield and Santi playing a big role in the team.

Eh, it's nothing special.

Our goals against usually fluctuates within that 35-45 goals bracket.

Anything below that 35 mark is exceptional for us.

The way wenger favoured the mediocre likes of iwobi, walcott, ox, Ramsey, welbeck, over the likes of perez, campbell & even gnabry(!) has been unprofessional & horribly misguided. This deluded, amatuerish, money-hungry excuse for a coach must be forced to retire, in disgrace.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Can't get over how easily we are undone simply by strikers running in straight lines at the defense. Defense has not been the same since Per left the starting lineup. Goes to show how its all about partnerships rather than individual players.

If you're talking about central defence yes, but that is literally the last line of defence. When you see people in our midfield get brushed off the ball with ease, not even compete for aerial balls, and ball watch when runners arrive from deep, you can have the defence of Capello's Milan and you'll still concede a lot of goals.

We also insist on our full backs providing the offensive width as a means of accommodating our 10 central attacking midfielders. If we used proper advanced wingers, our full backs would be able to do more of what they're supposed to do which is defend. Wenger has built a team with players who all have exactly the same weaknesses. Mental and physical. They are completely ball-centric and exposed badly by well organised teams who press high up the pitch with intent.

It's incredibly frustrating to watch.

I’m so afraid that Wenger is gonna put shackles on Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang’s games with this non-aggressive, sideways, sideways style of play. I mean it’s like a 75% chance Wenger stifles their talents and they become shells of who they were at Dortmund. That is troublesome.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Defense was very good the year before as well I believe. Only in the last two seasons has it got noticeably bad, though I may be wrong if someone has stats to show it.

Actually think the "Özil era" peaked in his first year. Pre-Alexis, with the Ramsey-Arteta/Flamini midfield and Santi playing a big role in the team.
when Per was still good he and Kos were an experienced and dependable pairing, but Kos has not been able to build a new partnership since, and is now fading badly himself

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
when Per was still good he and Kos were an experienced and dependable pairing, but Kos has not been able to build a new partnership since, and is now fading badly himself

Because he is playing alongside rash defenders. The only calm presence we have is Holding and to some extent Chambers (really do not rate this kid as a CB). An aggressive defensive duo works well with a DLP or a midfield 3 infront of them. But almost always, an aggressive CB is paired with a ball playing or calm defender (I'm sure there is a name for them).

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I’m so afraid that Wenger is gonna put shackles on Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang’s games with this non-aggressive, sideways, sideways style of play. I mean it’s like a 75% chance Wenger stifles their talents and they become shells of who they were at Dortmund. That is troublesome.
Did Wenger shackle Santi? Jack? Cesc? Özil? Sanchez? Nasri?

For a man known for giving technical players the freedom to express themselves and sets up directly to benefit them... He sure shackles a lot of them :rolleyes:

The sideways passing is because we are playing with midfielders who lack vision or attacking instincts. Simply look at the difference when Mkhi came on. Or how Özil plays... Or even when we had a midfield of Jack, Nenny and Xhaka.

You need players who are willing to carry the ball forward. Wenger does not instruct his players to pass sideways. Frustrations are high but it shouldn't take much to realise that a midfield that lacks vision or passing range will not be moving forward much.

Also, take into account how deep Swansea were. You aren't stringing intricate passes when every space is blocked off.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Someone should put shackles on you so we don’t have to be subjected to these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom