• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Do you want us to sign him?

• Yes

Votes: 174 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
You'd think people's posts would tell you our problems are only in defence. Bollocks. We need a big upgrade on Lacazette. Auba would make a huge difference.

Lacazette is not doing himself any favours. It's taking the faith of a saint for me to trust that there's a top player somewhere there.

Not to be a negative Nelly, but wouldn't it sort of have been better to buy Aubameyang instead of Lacazette and then replace Alexis with some wingers? And yknow, sort out the defence while we're at it.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Lacazette is not doing himself any favours. It's taking the faith of a saint for me to trust that there's a top player somewhere there.

Not to be a negative Nelly, but wouldn't it sort of have been better to buy Aubameyang instead of Lacazette and then replace Alexis with some wingers? And yknow, sort out the defence while we're at it.
We didn't have Sven for the summer. Make no mistake, Wenger wouldn't be signing Aube, Giroud would now be the starting striker and he certainly wouldn't be sold. Walcott would still be here too.

blaze_of_glory

In light of what went on tonight, don't you think all talk of distractions and how it may have affected the team was all complete sh!te?
Does the team need to win every game from here on in for you to accept he was a problem in the room? We've just had two of the best performances in months previous to this game, but only this one counts in regards to Alexis? You are being inconsistent in your reasoning. Counting the hits and dismissing the misses.

The Alexis thing reminds me of a guy I know who is always complaining about how all these other people are real assholes, but then you meet them and they are lovely. Turns out, it was just that the one guy can't get along with anyone.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
all of the joke aside let's hope he hit the ground running even with state we are in at the moment.

D

Dial Square 1886

Honestly, I kind of think what is the point of this signing at the moment.

I mean top four is gone this year and let's not pretend it isn't. Sure we will probably have a late flourish as ever, but not getting back to both of the clubs above us, even if we can catch one. Also, better off missing Europa next year if we really want to contend in PL I reckon (or course we may win it this year LOL) - midweek rest.

Just save the money and play the kids mixed in with what we have (some clangers and dismal performances no doubt, but will learn plenty and might find a gem). Then put it towards a proper, well thought out and well planned squad overhaul in the summer, when time and player availability is much greater. Because is Auba a player/the player we actually need? Hmmm, not so sure.

If Özil wants to resign great, we can guarantee him a much improved squad for next season and beyond. If not then, piss off. Top player, but not without his faults either (passing straight to opposition in dangerous area 1 min after taking the lead in difficult away match amongst them!)

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This now might be the least hyped incredibly hyped signing of all time. Arsenal FC: Kings of the Paradox.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I start to wonder why the fastest and one of the best goalscorers in Europe would come to this mess of a team. Surely there must have been other offers for him.
I know he wants to go to Real, who oddly enough haven't made a move for him and after signing for Arsenal I doubt they'll come knocking, so is he resigned that he won't play for a top team and just focused on earning as much as possible or he's so desperate to leave BVB that he'll pick the highest bidder?
It's gonna be sad to watch him turn from a proven goalscorer to Danny "The Donkey" Welbeck in the following year.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We've just had two of the best performances in months previous to this game,
Come on man. Does two streaky wins where CBs scored and assisted mean we had turned a corner? What, we weren't capable of that before? We've played a million times better than in those two games this season.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
He was brutal under Klopp, Tuchel worked wonders with him and helped him reach his full potential.

he really wasn't. Where do you get this stuff from :D

Remember we still had Robert Lewandowski when Auba arrived, so he spent a lot of that season on the wing - where he'd played a lot of his career to that point, and actually did well there. Kloppo moved him to centre forward on a permanent basis during the season after and he never looked back. He scored 25 plus goals, not bad for doing brutal. Fact is, he gets better every year, hopefully for you guys he continues that trend. I am sure he will. He's quality.

blaze_of_glory

Come on man. Does two streaky wins where CBs scored and assisted mean we had turned a corner? What, we weren't capable of that before? We've played a million times better than in those two games this season.
I'm not sure we have to be honest, we've not had many great games this year.

But I'm not even trying to argue we've turned a corner. It would be too early for that even if we had won today, as this would just have been what it should have been, a routine win. I'm saying this game doesn't mean the players are bullshitting that they felt distracted by the Alexis situation. Too much noise around that and for too long I think, there was definitely something there.

But it's obviously not going to magically solve every issue now that he's gone. Alexis there or not doesn't do anything for the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom