• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's January 2018 Transfer Targets (Sven the money)

How do you rate the January window?

• 5/10 or less (fail)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 6/10

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 7/10

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • 8/10

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • 9/10

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • 10/10

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
So, according to James Olley, Arsenal will probably revisit Malcom in the summer, retains an interest in Manolas and will be looking for a goalkeeper with Atletico's Jan Oblak a possible target. There are also more rumblings about Arsenal trying to sign Max Meyer, who is also being linked to Sp**s and Barcelona. But Kolasinac is one of his best buddies, so maybe Agent Sead can work on him in the coming weeks.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Mate, we're minted. Any financial or business expert will tell you the same. Don't believe the propaganda.
I meant it more in paying the agent, etc. Even if we have the money, Wenger has been unwilling to do business with certain agents because of their fees, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBF

al-Ustaadh

So, according to James Olley, Arsenal will probably revisit Malcom in the summer, retains an interest in Manolas and will be looking for a goalkeeper with Atletico's Jan Oblak a possible target. There are also more rumblings about Arsenal trying to sign Max Meyer, who is also being linked to Sp**s and Barcelona. But Kolasinac is one of his best buddies, so maybe Agent Sead can work on him in the coming weeks.
Oblak would be amazing. Don't know how good he is as a possession keeper, though.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

Oblak would be exactly what we need and a signing of another big star in the summer again after PEA would be an statement of intent.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Is Oblak realistic? He's apparently PSG's #1 GK target and would cost a pretty penny.

Then there is Alisson, but we'll have to compete with Real and Liverpool to get him. If we lose out, maybe Leno? I don't rate Horn.

al-Ustaadh

Is Oblak realistic? He's apparently PSG's #1 GK target and would cost a pretty penny.

Then there is Alisson, but we'll have to compete with Real and Liverpool to get him. If we lose out, maybe Leno? I don't rate Horn.

That Szczesny looks like a good keeper. Too bad he's at Juventus.

MkhiMagic

Oblak has a €100 mil release clause (same as griezmann and carrasco).

Koke, Vitolo, and Saul have a €150 mill release clause.

Atletico has put a release clause for every player they've given contract extentions to or signed recently.

In other words, let's find someone more realistic.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

There are a few keepers in Germany who are playing really well this year. I thought Arsenal might look there since they seem to be doing the German thing (and Jens should be very familiar with all). Koen Casteel from Wolfsburg looks good.

MkhiMagic

There are a few keepers in Germany who are playing really well this year. I thought Arsenal might look there since they seem to be doing the German thing (and Jens should be very familiar with all). Koen Casteel from Wolfsburg looks good.
Leno and Sommer would be huge upgrades too. Sommer has been a very good keeper for a while, surprised he hasn't been picked up by a bigger club. Switzerland's #1 GK and plays for Gladbach for those who don't know him.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Leno and Sommer would be huge upgrades too. Sommer has been a very good keeper for a while, surprised he hasn't been picked up by a bigger club. Switzerland's #1 GK and plays for Gladbach for those who don't know him.

Yeah, both of those would be fine choices as far as I'm concerned. Sommer played with Xhaka at both FC Basel and Monchengladbach (and, of course, for the Swiss NT), so he's got a friend on the team.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Koen Casteel from Wolfsburg looks good.
Interesting shout, I'd forgotten about him. He was supposed to be better than Courtois, but lost his way after a move to Hoffenheim where he then struggled. Apparently he was just not mentally right in a way, despite being well built physically.

Has he put himself back on track at Wolfsburg? I can see that he is starting there now that Benaglio has left, but would he be ready for a step up or has he found his level?

al-Ustaadh

Interesting shout, I'd forgotten about him. He was supposed to be better than Courtois, but lost his way after a move to Hoffenheim where he then struggled. Apparently he was just not mentally right in a way, despite being well built physically.

Has he put himself back on track at Wolfsburg? I can see that he is starting there now that Benaglio has left, but would he be ready for a step up or has he found his level?
Whoscored gives him a good rating.

Was given a new four-year contract last summer (article also praises him for proving himself as Wolfsburg's no. 1):
https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/...sburg-number-one-with-new-contract-447041.jsp

MkhiMagic

What about Schmeichel or Ruffier of St. Ettiene? Seen next to nothing of Ruffier but read that he's at the very top of shots on goal saved (%) in europe year after year.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

It seems so. I've seen him a few times this year and he's looked really good. I was just checking his stats and he has 5 clean sheets in 20 and a 1.2 goals per game average.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
What about Schmeichel or Ruffier of St. Ettiene? Seen next to nothing of Ruffier but read that he's at the very top of shots on goal saved (%) in europe year after year.

I've always liked Schmeichel. Haven't seen too much of Ruffier since I don't watch too much Ligue 1 aside from an occasional PSG-Monaco type matchup, but he's very well-regarded.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
For GK are we thinking signings in their absolute prime (early 30s) or a starlet whom we hope to have for a decade with talent that would mask growing pains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom