• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's January 2018 Transfer Targets (Sven the money)

How do you rate the January window?

• 5/10 or less (fail)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 6/10

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 7/10

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • 8/10

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • 9/10

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • 10/10

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
For GK are we thinking signings in their absolute prime (early 30s) or a starlet whom we hope to have for a decade with talent that would mask growing pains?

An interesting question. If Oblak is, indeed, a primary target, it would seem more the latter. Although he's not really a starlet (he's just turned 25), he still has room to grow and improve on his distribution skills.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Keylor Navas for me.
Its only a matter of time before Madrid bins him for a shiny new GK star like De Gea or Courtois
He'd be a disaster here. Classic undersized shot stopper with shaky command of his box who gets savaged on set pieces and crosses. No thank you. Seen enough from Ospina to know how that ends.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Is Oblak realistic? He's apparently PSG's #1 GK target and would cost a pretty penny.

Then there is Alisson, but we'll have to compete with Real and Liverpool to get him. If we lose out, maybe Leno? I don't rate Horn.
Liverpool must go all out to buy a GK. The whole world knows how desperate they are and they know about the coutinho money. Nobody needs a gk like they do.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

I interpret "certain circumstances" to mean "lack of money".

I don't want to know about all the players we've missed out on. It's like someone telling me I have a grey hair, yeah I know but I don't wanna hear about it.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Oblak would be a seismic transfer for us, way bigger than Aubameyang. I see a tiny chink of hope; Madrid, PSG and Liverpool are the big teams that need a keeper. Atletico won't sell to Madrid, PSG might have FFP constraints and if it came down to an arms race between us and Liverpool we'd stand a chance.

But it's too good to be true, so i'm saying it won't happen.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Oblak would be a dream but it will remain as such. Doesn't hurt to try and even though I don't see why Athletico would consider it, we could try him before for going at the bracket below.

Horn and Leno are realistic for where were at now. Oblak would be that extra step.

Malky

Established Member
Jan Oblak is a wishlist signing. It would be absolutely incredible but it's unrealistic with the fee Atletico will demand, plus the competition for his signature.
If we pulled it off I'd see it as a similar level of signing as the day we got Özil, it would be massive.

Oblak, Manolas and a DM like Fabinho would top what we've just done in the January window.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Just been listening to Ornstein talk about the January transfer window. A few interesting things so far. He's heard (although not confirmed) that Arsenal never actually offered Alexis a new contract. Once they had an idea what he was looking for, they knew it was too much. Also, it seems Raiola came to Arsenal at the beginning of the transfer window with the idea of a Sanchez-Mkhitaryan swap. Arsenal was open to the idea because they wanted to move Alexis and had wanted Micki for quite awhile. He said they thought they had Micki in 2016, but United swooped in with a financial offer Arsenal couldn't match at the time.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Donnarumma is the Dream

Regardless of fee it is worth it because it is 15 years worth

Even if we pay 100m £ we can even recoup it after 10years

M

MalcomMadness

People here don't understand HG rules.

You can have 17 foreign players in your squad regardless of how many HG's you have.

In the current squad we only have 13 and that's including Ospina, Elneny and Mertesacker is retiring. We're in a superb position with the squad now in terms of foreign players and can get rid of as many home growns as we want if need be.

M

MalcomMadness

Homegrown players -

Holding
Bellerin
Chambers
Ramsey
Wilshere
Iwobi
Welbeck

I'd be happy to bin off Welbeck, Chambers and loan out Holding for experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom