• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's January 2018 Transfer Targets (Sven the money)

How do you rate the January window?

• 5/10 or less (fail)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 6/10

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 7/10

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • 8/10

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • 9/10

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • 10/10

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

logic DC

I can see us getting Max Meyer, it's so weird because he is so talented maybe the most talented player in his age group from his country yet clubs ain't making a lot of noise regarding him.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Ornstein says Arsène still has the absolute final say on transfers, but the club is putting together a support network for him like when David Dein was at the club. They're also laying the groundwork to challenge for the league and Champions League from 2019 and beyond, as well as to set things up for the next manager after Arsène calls it quits (whether that's this summer, in 2019 or if things go spectacularly well and he decides to sign a new deal).

Just a small tidbit: last summer they were willing to let Elneny leave, but now they're looking at giving him a new contract.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
We need our young guns to step up to keep the HG rule intact.
I have the confidence they will. We just need to support them as a fan base and not be so critical. Need to keep remembering that they’re still young and developing. I think Iwobi is a good example of that. I honestly believe a lot of gooners are going to be surprised by him at the World Cup. Expecting big things.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Feels like we've gone back four years, to when we signed Özil and Alexis in consecutive summers. We ****ed up last time and didn't press on, will it be the same again?

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I can see us getting Max Meyer, it's so weird because he is so talented maybe the most talented player in his age group from his country yet clubs ain't making a lot of noise regarding him.
I hope we will, he has completely transformed his game from an attacking midfielder to a DLP, it makes complete sense considering we need to sign so much more so a free top talent is always welcome.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Feels like the early 2000’s again. Signing what we want and need instead of having to go cheap and see what is available.

Hopefully a top GK is a target. There are people at Arsenal now who are able to give Wenger key input and help, he’s not had that for years.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Fair enough, no worries mate, I saw him on FIFA stats, pretty decent only 24 aswell so he'd be a decent long term purchase. Same time I was only asking our chances of Horn if people had heard of him.

There was talk about Sven being interested in bringing Horn to Arsenal awhile back. Apparently he has a very low release clause if Koln get relegated. Not having a very good year right now, but that's probably down to the defense in front of him sucking. Another young guy who can grow into it.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Feels like we've gone back four years, to when we signed Özil and Alexis in consecutive summers. We ****ed up last time and didn't press on, will it be the same again?
Mislintat-Sven.jpg

"Don't worry, mate."

logic DC

100% gonna be in that top bracket of keeper alongside De Gea and Neuer before long if he isn't already.

His positioning is out of this world, you very rarely seen him scrambling or caught out by long shots. Great at reading the play, so knows when to come off his line and sweep.

Reflexes, up there with De Gea, pulled off some mad saves that 1% of keepers could make. Honestly incredible. If it wasn't for him Atletico would be right in the sh*t.

He has a reputation as a poor penalty saver but that's bollocks, yes he was very poor in the shootout vs Real but he dragged them through the year before vs I think Leverkusen or Dortmund.

Also excluding shootouts I think his penalty to save ratio is around 50%, so he passes the AM test of being able to save penalties :lol:

Dream signing, get him in. I'd die if he ended up at Pool or Sp**s.
don't worry there's no chance of him joining anyone of those teams lol tbh I don't see joining us either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom