• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jan Oblak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

100% gonna be in that top bracket of keeper alongside De Gea and Neuer before long if he isn't already.

His positioning is out of this world, you very rarely seen him scrambling or caught out by long shots. Great at reading the play, so knows when to come off his line and sweep.

Reflexes, up there with De Gea, pulled off some mad saves that 1% of keepers could make. Honestly incredible. If it wasn't for him Atletico would be right in the sh*t.

He has a reputation as a poor penalty saver but that's bollocks, yes he was very poor in the shootout vs Real but he dragged them through the year before vs I think Leverkusen or Dortmund.

Also excluding shootouts I think his penalty to save ratio is around 50%, so he passes the AM test of being able to save penalties :lol:

Dream signing, get him in. I'd die if he ended up at Pool or Sp**s.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Very good keeper obviously, but I only want him if his heavy price doesn't stop us from signing other players. In that sense, maybe it'd be wiser to look elsewhere.

Again, superb keeper though. Top 3 in the world atm with De Gea and Neuer, so you'll get what you pay for.

You simple have to buy him if you have the chance.

We hopefully can manage fees for Evans and Manolas. Would leave us short in midfield signings but we have some exciting internal solutions to look at!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
There seems to be change in direction. Maybe we are in for a surprise this summer.
There's change in direction and then there's utter lunacy. We were laughing at City for spending 50 million on fullbacks and now we're going to spend 80 on a keeper? I don't think so. There's maybe 3 teams in the world who would pay that sum and none of them are us.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

80 million? Probably would be a bargain tbh, how much would De Gea or Neuer go for? You're talking over 100 million here.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I'm not even going too....

Aevi

Hale End FC
Legitimate question @Rex Banner...

If Griezmann goes to Barca, will Atletico be in for a striker? You've got Costa and Gameiro, but would you still want a Griezmann replacement?

I'm basically building up to wondering if there would have any interest in Lacazette coming your way, as you were interested in him before. He could be an interesting makeweight in a swap deal.

This is a bit out there, I know. Just thinking of ways this deal could work.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
100% gonna be in that top bracket of keeper alongside De Gea and Neuer before long if he isn't already.

His positioning is out of this world, you very rarely seen him scrambling or caught out by long shots. Great at reading the play, so knows when to come off his line and sweep.

Reflexes, up there with De Gea, pulled off some mad saves that 1% of keepers could make. Honestly incredible. If it wasn't for him Atletico would be right in the sh*t.

He has a reputation as a poor penalty saver but that's bollocks, yes he was very poor in the shootout vs Real but he dragged them through the year before vs I think Leverkusen or Dortmund.

Also excluding shootouts I think his penalty to save ratio is around 50%, so he passes the AM test of being able to save penalties :lol:

Dream signing, get him in. I'd die if he ended up at Pool or Sp**s.
Could see Liverfool getting him...Sp**s is not possible except if they sell Kane.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I can't see us spending £80M on a GK though.

They'll never hold them to that though. They're a club that still has to sell players, they're second fiddle to Premiership teams and the big two.

I think around maybe 40-50 might be enough, it'd make him the most expensive keeper ever off the top of my head.

Maybe PSG would stump that up for him but got a feeling they'll be after Donnarumma or Lafont in a couple of years anyway.

Atletico are nearing the end of their cycle as a real challenger to the big two. Griezmann and Oblak are probably off, hopefully here :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Legitimate question @Rex Banner...

If Griezmann goes to Barca, will Atletico be in for a striker? You've got Costa and Gameiro, but would you still want a Griezmann replacement?

I'm basically building up to wondering if there would have any interest in Lacazette coming your way, as you were interested in him before. He could be an interesting makeweight in a swap deal.

This is a bit out there, I know. Just thinking of ways this deal could work.

Probably, depends on Cholo tbf. I feel if he does finally ditch us for Chelsea they'll blow it up and concentrate on some of the youger players coming through rather than keep all the stars together

Both players are in the window for the right place. They may go for Lacazette but the club doesn't really gamble on players, they try and go for younger players on an upward trajectory.

Aevi

Hale End FC
They'll never hold them to that though. They're a club that still has to sell players, they're second fiddle to Premiership teams and the big two.

I think around maybe 40-50 might be enough, it'd make him the most expensive keeper ever off the top of my head.

Maybe PSG would stump that up for him but got a feeling they'll be after Donnarumma or Lafont in a couple of years anyway.

Atletico are nearing the end of their cycle as a real challenger to the big two. Griezmann and Oblak are probably off, hopefully here :lol:
Wow interesting, that's a lot more feasible then. I still think we'll end up with a less established but promising keeper, but if that's true I could see us considering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom