• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jan Oblak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Doesn’t work like that. You give him a new deal or you don’t, you don’t give a new deal and take away such powers from him.
He's got a year and a half on his deal and he's ancient and washed up. You don't let him have final say on players anymore. There are plenty of very successful clubs who rely on a DOF and their trophy cases look better than ours. And in fact I've seen plenty of Wenger apologists like yourself suggest that he's got too much on his plate (among a myriad of other excuses for his horrendous performance) so taking some "powers" away from him at this stage is probably for the best if we're being honest with ourselves. Wenger should be treated like every other manager in the world, subordinate and expendable. The club is much larger than any one man no matter how much people like yourself who think that the club was established in 1997 believe otherwise.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Slightly off topic but in a way related. Just read that the English transfer window runs from June 9th to August 9th, so with the World Cup taking place the window for signing players is going to be quite limited this summer. We need to be identifying and signing targets early doors.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Slightly off topic but in a way related. Just read that the English transfer window runs from June 9th to August 9th, so with the World Cup taking place the window for signing players is going to be quite limited this summer. We need to be identifying and signing targets early doors.
I mentioned this previously this is why we have saved our money for our summer targets

Impact

Established Member
This is the type of signing we should be making if we seriously want to compete at the highest level. Oblak is one of the best goalkeepers in the world. Certainly makes the top 5 list of any sensible European football connoisseur. There are no clubs bigger than Arsenal genuinely considering signing a new keeper. We clearly need a replacement for Čech so can guarantee first-team football. Our wage offer could probably double his current salary. Atlético are plateauing and do not possess the financial clout to reject a considerable offer. We should go out there. Bid big and get it done quickly. Send a message to Europe that there is a new Arsenal in the market.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He got such huge release clause I think. A.Madrid in no position to sell too.

say yes

forum master baiter
Please please please :drool:

Gonna have to get a tattoo of Sven and the lads at some point if this continues.

Tom349

This is the type of signing we should be making if we seriously want to compete at the highest level. Oblak is one of the best goalkeepers in the world. Certainly makes the top 5 list of any sensible European football connoisseur. There are no clubs bigger than Arsenal genuinely considering signing a new keeper. We clearly need a replacement for Čech so can guarantee first-team football. Our wage offer could probably double his current salary. Atlético are plateauing and do not possess the financial clout to reject a considerable offer. We should go out there. Bid big and get it done quickly. Send a message to Europe that there is a new Arsenal in the market.

Well said. This is a long term investment which could potentially solve our GK position for 10-15 years, that in itself is worth paying an astronomical amount. It been far too long since Arsenal last had a reliable and incredibly talented keeper, Wojceich had the talent but wasn't always reliable and the less said about others since Jens the better.

Also I don't think paying a huge amount for a GK (Oblak) really impacts our summer budget. The two defenders we're looking at are Evans and Diallo who combined could probably be had for 20-30m depending on relegation. Meyer could be had for free in we're indeed interested in him and Malcom/Pavon could be had for around 30-35m. It is also worth remembering that the earlier you do deals, generally speaking the cheaper the deal is so hopefully with this new transfer team we have, deals can be achieved early in the window.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
And no way we're spending that much on a keeper.

With the likes of PSG looking for a GK no way Atletico would sell for less than his release clause.
We have to be smart getting GK. Keepers like Butland and Horn are both better than cech and will cost less than 30M

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
We have to be smart getting GK. Keepers like Butland and Horn are both better than cech and will cost less than 30M

I don't think Butland would go for that cheap since he's a HG keeper.
We have a very poor record with GK tbf.

Maybe there's also a coaching issue. Why Szczesny & Fabianski look so much better playing in other teams?
I've already heard rumours saying our GK coaches were poor. I don't know if it's true though.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I don't think Butland would go for that cheap since he's a HG keeper.
We have a very poor record with GK tbf.

Maybe there's also a coaching issue. Why Szczesny & Fabianski look so much better playing in other teams?
I've already heard rumours saying our GK coaches were poor. I don't know if it's true though.
Our whole coaching stuff are poor it need changing

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Maybe Arsenal will go after the second best goalkeeper in the Premier League this year (at least in terms of saves per goal) -- Nick Pope!

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I hear his distribution is absolute gash though.

It's not the best. Even worse than Oblak's, which is pretty bad. But it's a great story, though. He's been better than anyone could have imagined.

Screen_Shot_2018-02-03_at_11.35.31_AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom