• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Yet on other threads you are writing players off?
I have not written any player off except maybe Iwobi and Cech. Iwobi had a fantastic start at Arsenal but he has been dire for a more than year now and has only had one or two good moments. He has regressed, has had discipline problems and his final third game is just bad. I still think he can come good but not under Wenger. Maybe if we were to get Simeone who would not be as soft and not tolerate night parties then I can see Iwobi improving, until then he should not be anywhere near the first eleven.

I defend almost all of our players, even Welbeck and Xhaka (although have to agree that Granit he had a poor game against Swansea)

The unreasonable amount of hate certain players get here defies belief. Ramsey, Giroud(gone), Mustafi and Xhaka are few examples.

1. He wouldn't manage us
2. No they wouldn't.
3. They would be sold if by some miracle Pep chose to shackle himself and manage a team with an actual budget.
Come on now. Pep has made Sterling, Otemendi and Delph look like decent players.

That's the problem, they are decent players. Which is not good enough. Our midfielders are all flawed in some way and not on the level to dominate most opponents consistently. We used to have Vieira and Cesc, midfielders who can make our opponents give up, what happened to that level of midfielders?
Wenger happened. He has lost his touch. He can no longer develop WC players. Cesc was 14 years ago. As other users have noted here, decent players with potential to become top class come at big clubs, get the right coaching and get to play with established WC players and then they become WC themselves. Unfortunately at Arsenal in recent hears, players with potential regress and become less than decent. That’s the problem.

Also, this is possibly the 100th time I’m saying this here. This is not EA sports FIFA this is Real life. Arsenal are not going to attract guys like Kroos, Alcantara, Veratti, KDB and Pjanic because we are not that attractive club anymore that we were a decade ago. Our manager is past it, our owner/board are tight fisted with money and truth be told we are not at the same level as Real Madrid, Barca and United. We have to make do and get the best out of our available players. That’s just what it is and that is where we desperately need a new coach.

Last edited:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Funny how people are acting like he's deadwood. If he moves on he'll be joining a better team than this current Arsenal.

This guy won us 2 FA cups and gets treated worse than most, and I've slagged him of myself, it's weird.

Think he has been great for us this past season , really grown as a midfielder but I keep hearing he might move on .

Ewarwoowar

It's groundhog day over and over with Ramsey, he is a thoroughly decent player on form, but he is overly relied up on, overly used, run in to the ground leading to injury and then takes a while to find top form when he comes back. Trouble with the way we and he play there is no middle ground for him, he either looks good or bad, hardly ever can you say he just did a job.

Would be interesting to see both he and Jack get game time together both being full blooded and all, could really be the injection the teams needing, but that in itself is risky business, two injury prone players almost increases the odds of the accursed aforementioned four fold.

I know Xhaka is not everyones cup of tea, but with all things said both Jack and Ramsey should most likely be rotated(man managed) with each other, Xhaka has great propensity for not getting injured and with more intelligent movement(or any movement ffs)from our new signings up front of him will see him dawdle on the ball less and that movement give the midfield more better avenues to pick the killer pass, we just need more incisiveness all round.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The trouble for him now is whenever he does play it will probably be shoehorning him in on the right which we know he doesn’t like. I too think he will leave. He thinks he’s a lot better than he is and probably won’t sign a new contract.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Great player. I want to try a Wilshere-Ramsey midfield, just to at least give it a shot with this current crop of players. They are both so so good.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Next to be off in the summer, I hope.

giphy.gif

skip spence

Funny how people are acting like he's deadwood. If he moves on he'll be joining a better team than this current Arsenal.

This guy won us 2 FA cups and gets treated worse than most, and I've slagged him of myself, it's weird.
Exactly. We should be happy Aaron still wants to play for us. Easily our best midfielder (if you count Özil as a forward).

logic DC

great game should be used as a forward. I feel those of us critical of him look at him as strictly a midfielder so we expect him to do his duties as a midfielder first and foremost - control play, hold his position and keep us moving and flowing which he hasn't been able to do over the years leaving us exposed against class opposition, that game at anfield for example. now as a forward he is good he scores, creates etc. good player.

Impact

Established Member
After Özil, Ramsey is our most important player. Held this opinion before we sold Alexis too. Top player, if only he could stay fit for longer.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
He's really good when playing higher up the pitch, like he did for Wales at the Euros.
It's better to just let him do what he does best instead of putting him in a deeper role, where he might get caught in possession or abandon his post to help the attack.
I can see him used in one of the three behind our striker depending who's injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom