• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If Germany win the world cup again this year do we start to change our minds on Low and think perhaps he is the real deal? I mean a lot has changed about the team with guys like Schweinstiger, Klose and Lahm (there important players in terms of their leadership/experience) no longer there he's had to reinvent the team in a way as they've started to play different system and put a greater trust in some younger players. I think once you can possibly say that the quality of the players at his disposal makes it difficult to properly job him, but if they were to do it again then you'd have to give credit to the manager.
What’s he competing with though? Outside France you say this German team is still levels ahead of most.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
What’s he competing with though? Outside France you say this German team is still levels ahead of most.

During his tenure I'd say Spain has generally been a step above talent wise, with France overtaking them in the last couple of years as well.

I'd actually argue the German NT of the last two years or so has been relatively weak. Lack of a proper CF, very unbalanced down the spine, poor options at FB etc. They're still an elite team though obviously, but their squad was levels ahead when Schweinsteiger was still in his prime.

Might be a legit argument for that Schweiny/Kroos/Khedira midfield trio being the GOAT central midfield in international football. Extremely well balanced, especially considering they had Özil out wide as well. Either that or the Xavi/Biscuits/Alonso trio.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Not sure if he's deluded or totally out of the loop. We had basically zero chance of ever landing Pep, regardless of what Piers Morgan or his dog tweeted (once or twice).

Yes boss, you're right and I'm deluded, i hope you feel better about yourself now. Keep doing your woe is us routine, you'll see just how much unfulfilled potential this club his has once the wenger shakessh are off.

I also remember people having us believe that Özil, alexis, or aubameyang bracket wouldn't even piss in our direction. Agendas and all that

Zaza

Oh and I don't want Henry and Viera anywhere near the the coaching staff. Can't believe we still have people stupidly pining for Henry. Henry would be a terrible manager.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Oh and I don't want Henry and Viera anywhere near the the coaching staff. Can't believe we still have people stupidly pining for Henry. Henry would be a terrible manager.

No he wouldn't

He'd be perfect for our lot of players

He knows enough and us working on it now, played under Wenger when he was still great
Played under pep when he emerged

Many of whom are complacent but we would get solid performances out of them because they cant question him with his skills and merits. He was always a leader

Obviously Paddy or someone else more defensive minded needs to partner him

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Yes boss, you're right and I'm deluded, i hope you feel better about yourself now. Keep doing your woe is us routine, you'll see just how much unfulfilled potential this club his has once the wenger shakessh are off.

I also remember people having us believe that Özil, alexis, or aubameyang bracket wouldn't even piss in our direction. Agendas and all that
Instead of constructing (laughable) strawman, how about posting some reputable examples of Pep-to-Arsenal links -- should be easy since "every journalist and his dog were reporting that Pep was waiting for the Arsenal."

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Jesus Christ, lighten up will ya :lol:

Instead of bickering like play ground pricks, i suggest we take this to a lighter note and come back to our differences.

I don't like your tone of talking down our chances as if we are some Midlands club with a hut, and I'm of opinion that any coach in the world will be tempted by all that arsenal has to offer.

Now i won't indulge you in looking for articles until you have start acting mature and attacking fellow forum members over their opinions or diagnosing their psychological condition.

Why do you think we cannot be part of the top bracket?

Aevi

Hale End FC
The guy from AFTV who called Auba early is also saying Low and Ancelotti are our manager targets...

The Henry/Bergkamp/Vieira part makes me very skeptical though, that sounds a little ridiculous.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The guy from AFTV who called Auba early is also saying Low and Ancelotti are our manager targets...

The Henry/Bergkamp/Vieira part makes me very skeptical though, that sounds a little ridiculous.

Sounds like BS. Low/Ancelotti with those three ex-players as future targets is quite possibly the most obvious set of options imaginable. It sounds like someone has just guessed some information based on what they think makes sense.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Henry doesn't have it.

You got to be obsessed to make it at this level as manager. Being idiot tv pundit at same time as trying to be coach isn't being being obsessed. Henry is our Gary Neville. He will fail as manager.

Also correct me if i'm wrong, but ex-strikers generally aren't the best managers? It's usually defenders & midfielders. Players like Henry have an immense amount of knowledge but it's usually limited to forward play and how to finish, because that's all they spend their careers thinking about.

Who's been a top manager that was also an ex-striker? I'm struggling to think of one. Dalglish maybe, but that was decades ago.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The Carlo and Low links make sense to me. I have predicted and posted on here for about two years now that these will be the Wenger replacents. Why? Because they are easy to get and will do what the club wants without making a fuss.

The rumours could be bollocks, but it seems to be falling into place exactly as I have said.

Sad really, this club has so much potential but we’ll tread water with dinosaur managers.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

That is ****ing ridiculous. Expecting Arteta to take over, to be honest.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, I don't really want Ancelotti. He's a great appointment for clubs who are after short term success, but long term he hasn't ever been convincing.

I want to avoid a Fergie type scenario, chopping and changing of managers trying to get the right one. I'd like someone to come in a pick up where Le Prof left off, with his own personal touch.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Ancelotti and Low are hardly inspirational names. Ancelotti is just a younger Wenger and Low has done nothing at club level to suggest he can do a job. I want someone hungry for success, not some old timer like Carlo who has been round the block a few times. Arteta, Jardim or Nagelmann for me. Something innovative and new is what I dream of.

Zaza

No he wouldn't

He'd be perfect for our lot of players

He knows enough and us working on it now, played under Wenger when he was still great
Played under pep when he emerged

Many of whom are complacent but we would get solid performances out of them because they cant question him with his skills and merits. He was always a leader

Obviously Paddy or someone else more defensive minded needs to partner him
Oh please. His commentary on sky sports is mediocre. Arteta would make a much better coach. We'll finish 10th if this guy gets the job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom