• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Can see them both gone in the summer. I had high hopes for Xhaka, there is some real talent there, but he just keeps doing the same ****.

Mustafi has overall been poor since his first few months.

Mustafi's performances this season are going unnoticed and unappreciated. Mustafi has been our best player this season after Jack, Özil & Monreal this season thus far.

In Mustafi's first 4 league games this season we kept 3 clean sheets in 4 of them (Bournemouth, Chelsea & WBA) before he got injured. Mustafi then came back from injury and then we kept 4 clean sheets in the row (Brighton, Sp**s, Burnley Huddersfield) and since then Mustafi has played well against Palace twice and WBA. The only 3 performances this season in the league that I would deem Mustafi to have been poor in is the loss against Man Utd, the 2-2 draw against Chelsea and tonight.

People now going over the top and scape goating Mustafi.

Tom349

Couple of things worth discussing:

1. Valencia were a total mess in Mustafis second season, despite him having good defensive stats. Given he was a signing from the stat system the club has been using prior to Sven, could it be a case of an over reliance of stats and inadequate scouting? Has been rumoured that Wenger doesn't like the stat system the club has, whether thats true or not remains to be seen.

2. We did try and sell/loan Mustafi in the summer but given a lack of depth and replacements ended up holding onto him. The belief was he hadn't settled in London but was it more of a case of him not being rated by the coaching group. I think it would be interesting to see team selection if do indeed sign an experienced defender like Jonny Evans, would Mustafi be the one to lose his spot?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
How many CBs of more or less the same profile have produced more or less the same results for us? At a certain point you do have to point the finger at the manager either for not getting the most out of the talent these players have by setting them up poorly or by continuing to bring in substandard players. It really doesn't matter which is the case to be honest. Both are down to the guy in charge.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Costs us a good 5+ points a season just with individual errors. Same with Cech. Not just errors that everyone makes but errors you shouldn't see in this league. Honestly think we'd be 3rd or 4th without them. ****s.

tcahill

Mustafi's performances this season are going unnoticed and unappreciated. Mustafi has been our best player this season after Jack, Özil & Monreal this season thus far.

In Mustafi's first 4 league games this season we kept 3 clean sheets in 4 of them (Bournemouth, Chelsea & WBA) before he got injured. Mustafi then came back from injury and then we kept 4 clean sheets in the row (Brighton, Sp**s, Burnley Huddersfield) and since then Mustafi has played well against Palace twice and WBA. The only 3 performances this season in the league that I would deem Mustafi to have been poor in is the loss against Man Utd, the 2-2 draw against Chelsea and tonight.

People now going over the top and scape goating Mustafi.

Agreed. He was shocking today, but apart from a single error in the Man U game he's been generally playing very well, by far our best defender (bar is pretty low though).

Aevi

Hale End FC
Remember when he started off with a crazy unbeaten run?

Good times. Shame his form took such a nosedive.

Fallout

i feel theres a good player hiding in there but he hasnt been coached well enough. his decision making with the ball is awful, he goes to ground way too frequently, and he's too aggressive stepping forward to challenge the ball, which leaves holes in behind. these are mental mistakes that can be minimized with coaching and balanced tactics. unfortunately we have neither. would love to see him under a new manager, although maybe hes approaching a stage in his career where some tendencies just cant be eradicated.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
it doesn't help that both him and monreal are on the left side - both slow, both weak one-on-0ne. my cousin from the local pub team is quite fast, although his technique is poor - he would have a field day against them.

and that's without even getting into defending from the CMs (or lack thereof) and the theatrics of our senior GK.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

it doesn't help that both him and monreal are on the left side - both slow, both weak one-on-0ne. my cousin from the local pub team is quite fast, although his technique is poor - he would have a field day against them.

and that's without even getting into defending from the CMs (or lack thereof) and the theatrics of our senior GK.
He must prefer it, Koscielny is miles better as a LCB as well. Don't understand why they've switched.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
hard to relax with him in the team.

He's a wonderful agressive tackler but needs to position himself better.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Some top, top recovery tackles today. Of course there are some questionable moments in our defense but he has many great moments too.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
The way we ran back to block Theo's chance was great, however, he doesn't install the most confidence in me - YET. I do believe there is a leader in there that will come out eventually and over time. He is a good player just needs to relax a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom