• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sead Kolašinac: The Assist Man's Bodyguard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impact

Established Member
He's playing below his level but the honest truth in my view is that he's not as good as his early season form suggested. Similar to Mustafi last year. Think he's a decent player but technically subpar as compared to the rest of the team. We would do well to ship him out and sign another left back in the summer.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
He's playing below his level but the honest truth in my view is that he's not as good as his early season form suggested. Similar to Mustafi last year. Think he's a decent player but technically subpar as compared to the rest of the team. We would do well to ship him out and sign another left back in the summer.
You decided this over a 10 game period, I'm glad you are not a manager here. This is the real world and not your Football Manager save.

Impact

Established Member
Instead of descending to ad hominem, interact with the content of my posts or just shut up. Tired of people being so condescending about other people's views on a football forum.

Also, fyi, I have held this view about Kolasinac since before we signed him. Said he would bring strengths the team has lacked but ultimately wouldn't be good enough technically. If he proves me wrong, that would be awesome because I want Arsenal to be successful but I have seen little to convince me otherwise.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Instead of descending to ad hominem, interact with the content of my posts or just shut up. Tired of people being so condescending about other people's views on a football forum.

Also, fyi, I have held this view about Kolasinac since before we signed him. Said he would bring strengths the team has lacked but ultimately wouldn't be good enough technically. If he proves me wrong, that would be awesome because I want Arsenal to be successful but I have seen little to convince me otherwise.
Your post screams confirmation bias, you thought Kolasinac was a bad signing, then he proved you wrong and now that he got injured and has struggled for a short period of time you come out with this nonsense.

I'm tired of posts like yours, not even giving a new signing 6 full months of football before throwing them away like trash, especially when they've already proven you wrong.

Btw I thought your post was fine until you said we should sell him in the summer, ffs this new fans era is killing me.

Your post screams confirmation bias, you thought Kolasinac was a bad signing, then he proved you wrong and now that he got injured and has struggled for a short period of time you come out with this nonsense.

I'm tired of posts like yours, not even giving a new signing 6 full months of football before throwing them away like trash, especially when they've already proven you wrong.

Btw I thought your post was fine until you said we should sell him in the summer, ffs this new fans era is killing me.

Nothing to do with an era, just lack of mental ability.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Kola was defensively suspect from his first game here. In a back three he shared the responsibility for defending the flank with Monreal so couldn't be scrutinised properly. A few more matches as a part of a back four will show his level. A lot of fans are taken in by his physicality or his forward runs, I've observed him actually try to defend and he never filled me with confidence.

pikey2000

Love the guy, he gives 100% no doubt but feel as though he is a little suspect on the ball and suspect defensive positioning at times.

Lately, and maybe its a confidence thing, he seems to be getting rid of the ball like its a hot potato, which is either confidence or a lack of techincal skill on the ball, time will tell but he isn't inspiring confidence and in my opinion is not better than Monreal / won't get better than Monreal, and we should be looking to have someone better than Monreal really.

Don't get me wrong, hardly a priority at this stage.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He defended excellently away to Chelski where we kept a clean sheet. I know it's not the best example because we've had their number but he played well.

I didn't think he was that bad when he came on yesterday either tbh. He obviously lacks a bit of sharpness but he's missed quite a few games. He's a quality LB who will regain his form. People need to chill.

BBF

Wow, everyone here was sucking him off at the start on the season and now the pitchforks are out. I said from the beginning he doesn't look that good but he's barely had any time to slot back in ffs.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The current left back that's he's struggling to displace also had a hard time starting out, and his competition was far worse, was being benched by Gibbs ffs.

Feels a little harsh blaming him for their goals, wasn't really impressed with the shape of anyone in the defence for that.

StefanB

I'll give him time. Like I'm doing with Iwobi (and like I did with tons of other players before these two). He's not starting in his current form, but he's a brilliant player which he showed in flashes for us in the start of the season and for Schalke last season.

He'll come good.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Sure playing with the likes of Micky, Jack & Özil infront will help him on the ball just like with Hector.

Of all our new signings struggling have belief he will come good in the long term as the path is there for him... Nacho 32 this month & a real lack of quality LBs out there.

Decent amount of minutes this season, a full pre season & then fight for the starting spot.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
What is so hard about this situation!? Tell me.

Have you ever had an injury (which means not nose bleeding and stuff...) which took you out of your activities for a while? It is hard to come back to your old self, especially mentally.

ffs, he's not been out for a season!

tcahill

Absolute nonsense, he has played as LB all his life, sometimes even as a CB.

Yes but he only started playing well as a LWB. Schalke played 3 at the back last season and that's when he started to shine.

That being said, he deserves a run of games as a LB before having everyone judge him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom