• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Everton | February 3, 2018 17:30 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

c00lguy

We shouldn't be lacking concentration the moment we go 4-0 up.
It's clear there are psychological/mental issues within the team and it's difficult to win the league until those are fixed. Hire some good psychologists and hypnotists, make our team mentally strong please.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
We still have our major problems in midfield and defence, that hasn't changed, and those frailties showed in the 2nd half.

We need a proper defensive holding midfielder, especially after we sold the only player that can even remotely fit that description (Coq).

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Great win today.

Surprised Auba's English is actually quite good.
Born in France to a Spanish mother and Gabonese father, played in Italy and Germany -- probably grew up speaking tons of different languages (which continued into his professional career) at home and in school, and it's much easier to learn new ones once you're bilingual+. Would be interested to get an exact count, honestly.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Two great things about that game.

Mkhi' shot from outside the box, which was just past the post, the right height and curling. Who knew an Arsenal player could do that. Sick of row Z stuff.

Auba's finish, a confident chip over the keeper.

We've been missing confidence so much.

Ewarwoowar

Have to laugh at the commentating on (as per norm) this one, (salty *******), first goal was pure Wengerball creating space through plenty of oppo bodies , it's not like they had abandoned their post and the box was empty, but both BT and NBCSN(Dixon ffs) slating the Everton defenders not lauding the slick and quick intricate movement and passing from our guys.

Then Kos' goal(didn't read the script, should have left it for Auba) that was all Mustafi, imposed himself on three defenders and created mayhem other runners also pulled the defense toward the kick leaving space at the back post.

The Auba offside goal is much, much tighter than they make out, no.1 the still photo they keep showing, the ball has already left Mkhi's foot(inches away), 2) Auba springing the trap is almost perfect like lightning, it's so fractional, in real time him springing forward and Mkhi releasing the ball almost seems like one action(if you know what I mean). Will really piss me off the next time we get a dodgy pen against that loses us points and they refer to this game as a kind of evening out in the end type of scenario, because it doesn't.

Ramseys deflected goal, created by Everton being sucked deep into their box because of the fear imposed on them by our first goal, leaving all the space for Ramsey to get the shot off, lucky deflection though.

So yes Everton defense was weak but the capitulation was triggered by a break neck speed efficient attack.

The moral of story is 1) We are one of the best when we play with urgency and one of the worst when we have our foot off the gas, should never take time to overthink things, keep it natural.

Personally I'd like to see the back of co-commentators, surely all their there for is to impart mostly propaganda. In these days of media corporation they are always trimming the fat, centralising power, closing down outlets, reducing personnel, increasing the profit margin, except for sport where there are a katrillion co-commentators and pundits all beating for the most part the same drum, except for the odd scripted rivalries, just a bunch of actors in my book, not an original thought between them.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Have to laugh at the commentating on (as per norm) this one, (salty *******), first goal was pure Wengerball creating space through plenty of oppo bodies , it's not like they had abandoned their post and the box was empty, but both BT and NBCSN(Dixon ffs) slating the Everton defenders not lauding the slick and quick intricate movement and passing from our guys.

Then Kos' goal(didn't read the script, should have left it for Auba) that was all Mustafi, imposed himself on three defenders and created mayhem other runners also pulled the defense toward the kick leaving space at the back post.

The Auba offside goal is much, much tighter than they make out, no.1 the still photo they keep showing, the ball has already left Mkhi's foot(inches away), 2) Auba springing the trap is almost perfect like lightning, it's so fractional, in real time him springing forward and Mkhi releasing the ball almost seems like one action(if you know what I mean). Will really piss me off the next time we get a dodgy pen against that loses us points and they refer to this game as a kind of evening out in the end type of scenario, because it doesn't.

Ramseys deflected goal, created by Everton being sucked deep into their box because of the fear imposed on them by our first goal, leaving all the space for Ramsey to get the shot off, lucky deflection though.

So yes Everton defense was weak but the capitulation was triggered by a break neck speed efficient attack.

The moral of story is 1) We are one of the best when we play with urgency and one of the worst when we have our foot off the gas, should never take time to overthink things, keep it natural.

Personally I'd like to see the back of co-commentators, surely all their there for is to impart mostly propaganda. In these days of media corporation they are always trimming the fat, centralising power, closing down outlets, reducing personnel, increasing the profit margin, except for sport where there are a katrillion co-commentators and pundits all beating for the most part the same drum, except for the odd scripted rivalries, just a bunch of actors in my book, not an original thought between them.
One of the best posts I've read in a while bro.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
ough.

Yep, spot on.

All I'm seeing is how terrible Everton were- we made them look that way. They couldn't cope with us. They only enjoyed some success in the match when we took our foot of the gas, and even then we didn't let them win the second half.

G0D

Almighty
Mkhi - Auba - Özil
Wilshere - Ramsey
——- Xhaka ———

:drool:
I like that. Has so much fluidity considering Wilshere can easily drop alongside Xhaka to allow Özil to take CAM and Ramsey to roam in offensive positions. Although do think we will need Mkhitaryan to contribute on the goal front too (Dortmund days show he has got a good 10/15 goals per season in him) as Ramsey isn't always going to have games offensively like he did against Everton so we need more than just 1 consistent goalscorer in PEA (based on his Dortmund days of course... too soon to tell for us).

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Mkhi - Auba - Özil
Wilshere - Ramsey
——- Xhaka ———

:drool:
I would like mkhi to play deep and laca with auba the opposition defense will have problems who to mark or close dowm mkhi or chasing Ramsey when he make runs from deep or closing down Özil or marking auba lacazzete in the box :lol:

I would like mkhi to play deep and laca with auba the opposition defense will have problems who to mark or close dowm mkhi or chasing Ramsey when he make runs from deep or closing down Özil or marking auba lacazzete in the box :lol:

No room for Lacazette. He has made sure he is not starting material. No need to force him into that perfect line-up. We have better players!

grim_tales1

Very, very impressed with Mkhi and Auba in the game, even Ramsey was really good. You can tell Mkhi/Auba fit right in.

We took our foot off the gas in the 2nd half though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No room for Lacazette. He has made sure he is not starting material. No need to force him into that perfect line-up. We have better players!
Like? Iwobi or welbeck? I know you hate lacazzete but you need to get realistic until we get better quality he shouldn't be on the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom