• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Media Tears

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
thats just demand and supply though aint it? theres a lot of arsenal fans and a lot of others that are interested
And yet when I am abroad the UK paper I get rarely features an Arsenal game report even on Monday when we've played on a Sunday you get Manu, Liverpool and even Citeh reports from Saturday ahead of us.

The reason we got a lot of coverage even when we stopped winning trophies was the quality of our football, which was perceived to be more exciting than even those of our rivals. In the last days of George Graham and for a few years after that no-one had the time of day for us.

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The media and punditry is **** for any sort of discussion, if you follow the right people you can learn more and get a broader opinion on Twitter. Even Keown was basically sucking Deeney dry when BT rolled him out for ten minutes to talk about our lack of balls.

Everything is over anaylised these days so it feels like your’re being targeted. MOTD was furious with the Alexis free kick but no word on when Kane won similar from a clean tackle.

Happened again against Burnley, debating whether the penalty was a foul yet nothing on Lacazette’s foul that could have seen him through on goal.

Goonerozil33

Media analysis is plain stupid. The biggest advert for that is Gary Neville who is supposed to be one of the best pundit. His managerial career speaks a lot about the gulf between a good manager and a good pundit. Having said that most of these guys analyse very superficial things that are likely to be discussed by many people in social media. The bias is personal. Make no mistake about it. Most of these guys come from a different school of football which is closer to what a mourinho might play. And that is why they don’t understand arsenal.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I have a theory that the current version of the media's anti-Arsenal agenda comes from good old-fashioned xenophobia.

I'd be inclined to agree if it was 2003 or if every other club didn't have loads of foreigners.

I think it's been fair game with the media to over analyse Arsenal since we got really good, and it rears it's head with any sign of a recovery after a sh!t period. We are the club and fans they like to agitate. We're also famously a bit precious now as well, so that doesn't help.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'd be inclined to agree if it was 2003 or if every other club didn't have loads of foreigners.

I think it's been fair game with the media to over analyse Arsenal since we got really good, and it rears it's head with any sign of a recovery after a sh!t period. We are the club and fans they like to agitate. We're also famously a bit precious now as well, so that doesn't help.
Very true. It is like at school when your mates start ragging your mother. The more you whine about it the longer and harder they go at it. If you join in and agree your mother is a dirty whore who takes it from behind for a penny on weekdays and two on a Sunday, they might get bored quickly.

P.S. I love my mother and the going rate for her is much much more than two pennies on a Sunday

not much more though

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
DU8AnifW0AA2H-n.jpg

DU8AnieW4AAVEPV.jpg

Classic Henry Winter that

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
We get an insane amount of coverage for a club our size & achievements this last decade.
I think that stems from our history, our managing to hang on to the top tier over many years without winning PL or CL, Wenger's against the trend long tenure, a bunch of illustrious ex-players turned pundits, and a world-wide fan base

the second I think is the most important - we are a will-we won't we will we ever team that delivers up a lot of material for analysis, criticism, exasperation and occasional admiration

Aevi

Hale End FC
@American_Gooner have you seen the BBC's description of Koscielny's goal? :lol:

"On the flip side, there was also a hint of [Aubameyang's] individualistic streak - he did not seem too thrilled when Koscielny beat him to the scoring touch for Arsenal's second, throwing his arms out in front of him in an apparent gesture of mild frustration."

In reality, Auba didn't move for the ball to give Kosc space to head it in, then gave Kosc a hug and celebrated with the rest of the team :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
@American_Gooner have you seen the BBC's description of Koscielny's goal? :lol:

"On the flip side, there was also a hint of [Aubameyang's] individualistic streak - he did not seem too thrilled when Koscielny beat him to the scoring touch for Arsenal's second, throwing his arms out in front of him in an apparent gesture of mild frustration."

Auba didn't move for the ball to give Kosc space to head it in, then gave Kosc a hug and celebrated with the rest of the team :lol:
Is this a ****ing joke? His arms were out and his fists were pumped as a celebration. This is just pure stupidity.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/feb/08/Arsène-wenger-arsenal-great-leaders-parodies

"Sp**s are youthful and thrusting, blessed with an innovative and likable manager.."

I've figured out why the media don't like us: they don't fancy us anymore, they want to be fingered by Sp**s round the back of the bike sheds instead.

How likely is it that Jonathan Wilson daydreams of being in the Diet Coke ad with Pochettino as the topless guy?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The Guardian editor's office:

"Arsenal? Not very f*ckable though, are they?"

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

We have never been the darlings of english football bar the invincibles season. These days they are w@nking over Pep or Spuds or Pool. I hope either spuds or pool drop out of the top 4 at our expense.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
We could definitely do with a Arsenal in the Media thread so may as well make it this one it.

After getting all nostalgic for the invncibles, the early 00's, started to remember the real desire to see us beat, particularly those that would appear on match of the day, in the British media. An away defeat at Bolton would often see Lawro frothing at the mouth telling the nation that getting stuck in (i.e kicking and fouling) would see The Arse crumble over the 90 minutes. It only really seemed to die down after the terrible injuries to Eduardo and Ramsey.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
The thing is that media bias against Arsenal makes sense from a theoretical point of views also, in that we are a very continental club in our ways. We haven't had a British media darling in our squad for a very long time, for example. Man. Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man. City all had their Rooneys, their Fergusons, their Gerrards, their Lampards, their Terrys, their sugar daddies dropping oil money on the national economy and the Premier League... Arsenal have been too purist in way too many aspects in an era that is all about power and wealth, and very non-British while at it. What or other clubs' fans' reasons for thinking that the media may dislike them?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom