• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Longy

How so? Wenger decides everything still.

Wenger could have been let go 3 months ago but the club opted against it.

Maybe have a say, but not the last say. The signs are there.

Probably opted not too as it didn't suit the club then, July can be a very different time. You get your ducks in line before moving.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Everyone at Arsenal knew Mesut Özil would stay but it’s as ‘exciting as a new signing’, says Hector Bellerin

Click to follow
ES Sport
ozilbellerin0402.jpg

Big deal | Bellerin says keeping Özil is like a new signing for Arsenal Ben Stansall/AFP/Getty Images
ES Football Newsletter
or register with your social account

I would like to recieve news and stats from the Premier League, twice a week by email

Hector Bellerin insists his Arsenal team-mates always knew Mesut Özil would sign a new deal and believes the club’s new “electric” front four can rival any attack in the Premier League.

Özil ended months of speculation over his future by agreeing a contract extension tying him to the club until 2021.

The 29-year-old had just five months left on his previous deal and appeared even more likely to leave following the departure of Alexis Sanchez to Manchester United but instead he agreed terms on a huge new contract worth up to £350,000-a-week.

“Everyone in the training ground, everyone in the team knew he was going to stay,” said Bellerin.

ozilliverpool2201.jpg

Photo: Stuart MacFarlane/Arsenal FC via Getty Images
“He is a guy that loves London, loves Arsenal and he always gets really angry when things don’t go well so you know how much it means for him to win or lose for this club. So I think everyone in the club, the dressing room was sure.

He really should have had a word with ManU fans - it would have saved them all those dashed hopes

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Özil early in January : "You go out in January and bring impress me with good signings"

Gazidis : "challenge accepted"

Özil late in January : *signs dat thing and says : "also, nice touch getting rid of the dog molester. That was a weird fellah. And here is your coffee, Ivan, anything else I can assist you with?"
:lol:

logic DC

simply magical, yes you see mikhi playing well and being technically brilliant but this guy called Mesut is something else. watch his game against Everton and it comes so effortlessly to him, talent wise not far behind Messi.

TheLawOfDiQ

We'll look back on this extension 5-10 years from now and say to ourselves 'That was the moment that led us to trophies.'

Similarly to how De Gea stayed (or rather was forced to stay) we would of had a huge rebuilding period of coming 7th+ had he of gone, but we easily save ourselves a good 3-4 years of that because Özil took a leap of faith. Lets not let him down this time around.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Similarly to how De Gea stayed (or rather was forced to stay) we would of had a huge rebuilding period of coming 7th+ had he of gone, but we easily save ourselves a good 3-4 years of that because Özil took a leap of faith. Lets not let him down this time around.

Let's be realistic here. He's being paid 350k per week, one of the highest salaries in world football. First and foremost he took a big financial leap. I don't consider myself lucky because Özil signed and I don't agree with the onus that we should somehow return the favor by building a team around him. No one is above the Club, he should make sure he doesn't let us down not vice versa.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Mkhi will majorly benefit from the space Özil opens up for him. And hopefully having another attacking fulcrum takes some of the pressure off Özil. Have missed those give and gos that we used to see when Santi, Rosicky and Wilshere played together. We can try and recreate that with Iwobi/Wilhere, Özil, Mkhitaryan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom