• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

moloso

Really don't like this level playing field talk, not just for our club either.

All of the top 6 have enough resources to put together a title worthy/winning team. It's not like Man city have gone out and bought Messi and Neymar every season, they spent 50m on Kyle Walker and clowns like Mangala.

You don't have to beat City every week to win the title and lord knows a lot of the teams in this league are there for the taking of your attitude is right.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Really don't like this level playing field talk, not just for our club either.

All of the top 6 have enough resources to put together a title worthy/winning team. It's not like Man city have gone out and bought Messi and Neymar every season, they spent 50m on Kyle Walker and clowns like Mangala.

You don't have to beat City every week to win the title and lord knows a lot of the teams in this league are there for the taking of your attitude is right.
:lol: :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Agreed, if you completely write off league results against clubs with a higher net spend, even throw in a few extra losses on top of that, there are certainly enough points available to be more competitive than we are now.
You're just making stuff up now. Liverpool and Sp**s have been trying to win the league for decades. If that was even remotely true, they'd have won once surely since the EPL was formed.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Squad cost stuff shouldn't be in this thread, it's got it's own thread.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
You're just making stuff up now. Liverpool and Sp**s have been trying to win the league for decades. If that was even remotely true, they'd have won once surely since the EPL was formed.

Did not mention , suggest, imply or hint anything about winning the league in that statement. An no reasonable person could have even assumed that by accident either as I used the phrase "be more competitive"

100% agreed some disengenous people are making stuff up on this forum. :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Did not mention , suggest, imply or hint anything about winning the league in that statement. An no reasonable person could have even assumed that by accident either as I used the phrase "be more competitive"

100% agreed some disengenous people are making stuff up on this forum. :lol:
But it's as if you haven't noticed that the cheaper the squad cost, the more inconsistent you are against all teams.

Liverpool beat City and lose to Swansea. Same with Arsenal, same with Sp**s.

moloso

Great response mate.

You play 38 games in a season, two against City and the majority of teams we play we have far more financial power than they do.

I'm guessing you have a more positive attitude in your actual life, or do you not apply for a job because someone might be better?

God knows I can't stand the man but look at Mourinho's quotes the other day, City raised the bar this year and it's up to the other teams to raise theirs. Utd are also a prime example that squad cost doesn't totally equal success.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Wtf does that even mean. You've just written three essays spouting the usual narrative that I've heard a 100 times before, word for word.

You said Wenger should have been sacked years ago.

I asked you to name any club in the history of the EPL whose spending is below the rich 3 where the manager has been sacked whilst being in the top 4.

It works like this, you answer my question and we discuss it. This is how conversations go.
haha essays. This is from someone who has spend what 2/3 years spouting the same boring argument about squad cost which has no basis in real "fact" relatig to Arsena and their predicament only speculation and "research" and then either turns nasty or ignores questions he doesnt like. I answered your question actually, there probably isnt (although Harry Redknapp was sacked whilst in 4th place at Sp**s once, Im not a pedant but there it is) it doesnt mean Wenger has exceeded expectations of the club/fans or has done a good job, in fact hes done bang average in most peoples thinking.
I dont understand what you get out of your arguments and theories, is it some sort of superiority complex, the affore mentioned Stockholm syndrome? To keep it up for a good couple of years without questioning oneself shows a lack of the sort of self awareness you seem to think everyone else lacks doesnt it...?
Theres nothing wrong with fans wanting change and nothing particularly wrong with Wengers record either if you look at it from your point of view of American moneyball ism. Im not American and I dont care for all that is all, it has more to do with business than sport. Being an Arsenal fan has become boring and at times horrifying if you look at things as someone who cares about football and the game first and foremost, just the same patterns and mistakes over and over again ad infinitum. The world of football needs a competitive Arsenal football club now more than ever.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

haha essays. This is from someone who has spend what 2/3 years spouting the same boring argument about squad cost which has no basis in real "fact" relatig to Arsena and their predicament only speculation and "research" and then either turns nasty or ignores questions he doesnt like. I answered your question actually, there probably isnt (although Harry Redknapp was sacked whilst in 4th place at Sp**s once, Im not a pedant but there it is) it doesnt mean Wenger has exceeded expectations of the club/fans or has done a good job, in fact hes done bang average in most peoples thinking.
I dont understand what you get out of your arguments and theories, is it some sort of superiority complex, the affore mentioned Stockholm syndrome? To keep it up for a good couple of years without questioning oneself shows a lack of the sort of self awareness you seem to think everyone else lacks doesnt it...?
Theres nothing wrong with fans wanting change and nothing particularly wrong with Wengers record either if you look at it from your point of view of American moneyball ism. Im not American and I dont care for all that is all, it has more to do with business than sport. Being an Arsenal fan has become boring and at times horrifying if you look at things as someone who cares about football and the game first and foremost, just the same patterns and mistakes over and over again ad infinitum. The world of football needs a competitive Arsenal football club now more than ever.
There's nothing wrong with fans wanting change. But there is something wrong with people saying our manager should have been sacked years ago when he's done better than just about every other manager in the EPL by any realistic measure.

Top 4 is not 'bang average', in any rational persons thinking. Neither is an average finishing position of 2.74. Average or mediocre is 10th out of 20. 10 domestic trophies in 20 years is superb. And a win rate of 59% over such a long period in this difficult league is incredible.

As for Stockholm syndrome, about people in captivity, **** knows what that's about :lol: I'm finished here bro.

GoonerBoy19

Well this team is so inconsistent that we never know if they will turn up for the next game. Wenger is finding hard to keep the team motivated and organised. We can spend bucket loads of money and still finish 6th, somebody have to put pressure on wenger for results.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Özil only signed because he knows what is coming..............

New manager after WC.

Don't think so. The indications are rather that Wenger will stay as long as his contract runs.

- Özil wrote in his book tha he absolutely adores Wenger, basically, so why should he extend if he knows Wenger is leaving?
- Wenger has never not honoured a contract and he's (obiviously) never been fired at Arsenal
- contrary to the ramblings about a power shift from Wenger to Gazidis and the new guys, latest twitter rumours and whispers suggest that yes, power or sole responsibility or whatever you want to call it, are "taken away" from Wenger, but that the manager is okay with it and enjoys a good relationship with Mislintat, who is said to take a David Dein like role atm
- the Ancelotti and Loew rumours are ridiculous. Everyone should see that Ancelotti is over it and Loew will never leave the DFB

Seeing the work Mislintat, Fahmy and Gazidis did this window, apparently with Wenger's backing, with Sanllehi coming in, further strengthening the backroom staff...depending on performance in the rest of the season in league and EL, at this point I actually wouldn't mind another, last Wenger year (18/19 season) in which he's got a team behind him with actual football knowledge that can get work done and balance out his stubbornness, etc., and bring in sufficient players in the summer.

Then get in someone fresh and exciting. Favre's contract runs out in 2019, Jardim's in 2020, Allegri's in 2020, Niko Kovac's in 2019, Hasenhuettl's in 2019, Marcelino's in 2019. Contact these guys early before they extend or join another club. Marcelo Gallardo is on a longterm contract, but he's another to watch, surely not less successful than Simeone when he joined Atletico.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Don't think so. The indications are rather that Wenger will stay as long as his contract runs.

- Özil wrote in his book tha he absolutely adores Wenger, basically, so why should he extend if he knows Wenger is leaving?
- Wenger has never not honoured a contract and he's (obiviously) never been fired at Arsenal
- contrary to the ramblings about a power shift from Wenger to Gazidis and the new guys, latest twitter rumours and whispers suggest that yes, power or sole responsibility or whatever you want to call it, are "taken away" from Wenger, but that the manager is okay with it and enjoys a good relationship with Mislintat, who is said to take a David Dein like role atm
- the Ancelotti and Loew rumours are ridiculous. Everyone should see that Ancelotti is over it and Loew will never leave the DFB

Seeing the work Mislintat, Fahmy and Gazidis did this window, apparently with Wenger's backing, with Sanllehi coming in, further strengthening the backroom staff...depending on performance in the rest of the season in league and EL, at this point I actually wouldn't mind another, last Wenger year (18/19 season) in which he's got a team behind him with actual football knowledge that can get work done and balance out his stubbornness, etc., and bring in sufficient players in the summer.

Then get in someone fresh and exciting. Favre's contract runs out in 2019, Jardim's in 2020, Allegri's in 2020, Niko Kovac's in 2019, Hasenhuettl's in 2019, Marcelino's in 2019. Contact these guys early before they extend or join another club. Marcelo Gallardo is on a longterm contract, but he's another to watch, surely not less successful than Simeone when he joined Atletico.
Elite post. So refreshing when posters are positive instead of sniping all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom