• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Marcelo Gallardo is a manager now ffs. I remember when I was a kid and we were linked with him, he was described as a baby faced assassin.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Replace Bellerin? He’s one of the best in his position.
He's giving a lecture to the Oxford Union this week. Wonder if it's about hairstyling.

Last edited:

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
You're just making stuff up now. Liverpool and Sp**s have been trying to win the league for decades. If that was even remotely true, they'd have won once surely since the EPL was formed.
Sp**s haven't been trying to win the league for decades. They were trying to not get relegated in the 90s and 2000s. They've only had decent teams since 2010

Squad cost stuff shouldn't be in this thread, it's got it's own thread.
It shouldn't be in any thread.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Then don’t post bollocks about them trying to fight relegation when they were spending to compete.
It was a fact, they were fighting relegation in the 90s and early 2000s. You can spend as much as you like, doesn't mean you're buying sensibly. They brought a load of ****e and they've only been title contenders in the last 2 or 3 years. It's a simple fact.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
, at this point I actually wouldn't mind another, last Wenger year (18/19 season) in which he's got a team behind him with actual football knowledge that can get work done and balance out his stubbornness, etc., and bring in sufficient players in the summer.

Unless they announce definitively beforehand it'll be his last, there is no point in another year with Wenger. It'll just put us in the same predicament he put us through with the uncertainty over his contract last year.

Not that it matters though, because you are right he'll see his contract out and in the process **** us up for the 4th year running.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It was a fact, they were fighting relegation in the 90s and early 2000s. You can spend as much as you like, doesn't mean you're buying sensibly. They brought a load of ****e and they've only been title contenders in the last 2 or 3 years. It's a simple fact.
You said they weren’t trying to win the league, but they were trying to compete, always spending.

Spending well, or not, is another debate.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yes but they are better at getting good fees when selling. Sp**s could be a force when this stadium is complete, hate to say it but true.
I think Potch is doing a great job but if he leaves for Real in the future, the next manager will make or break them.

Hiring Potch was probably the best decision the club has taken in the last 30 years.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I don't get it, the net spend merchants can use it as an excuse to bat away our failure, but suddenly same excuse can't be used in favour of the spuds? Their net spend is lower than us yet they were apparently gunning for the league...

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Unless they announce definitively beforehand it'll be his last, there is no point in another year with Wenger. It'll just put us in the same predicament he put us through with the uncertainty over his contract last year.

Not that it matters though, because you are right he'll see his contract out and in the process **** us up for the 4th year running.

With the new backroom staff and the first impression they left this window, plus Sanllehi, and them reinforcing the squad in the summer, I really wouldn't put it beyond Wenger to challenge with Arsenal again. He obviously needs someone to do the recruiting/business side of football, that he thinks he can do, but can't.
The big but here is that this should be seen in context with how the team performs for the rest of the season. Is there a challenge for top 4? How far will they go in the EL? Win the Carabao Cup? Is team performance, coherence and style changing for the better?

If, and only if, it changes for the better, I wouldn't change managers just for the sake of it, surely not to get someone in like Loew, Ancelotti, Blanc, Enrique, Nagelsmann, Arteta, Howe...

Under these circumstances I'd give Wenger his last season, but, as you say, announce it beforehand, at least inside the club, and contact new, possible managers early for the 19/20 season.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I think Potch is doing a great job but if he leaves for Real in the future, the next manager will make or break them.

Hiring Potch was probably the best decision the club has taken in the last 30 years.
I don't see him leaving tbh not with the politics at Madrid. If they lose kane and Ali he may go, which is the only possibility. As i cant see Sp**s turning down a huge fee for kane, he would practically pay off the stadium on his own

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I don't see him leaving tbh not with the politics at Madrid. If they lose kane and Ali he may go, which is the only possibility. As i cant see Sp**s turning down a huge fee for kane, he would practically pay off the stadium on his own
He'll leave. Money, prestige, trophies . . 3 things he'll never get a Sp**s. And Kane will probably be his first signing.

Sp**s days are numbered.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You need a another grumpy avi, the words on their own don't cut the mustard.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Sp**s haven't been trying to win the league for decades. They were trying to not get relegated in the 90s and 2000s. They've only had decent teams since 2010

It shouldn't be in any thread.
All teams in the league are trying to win it, otherwise they should be ****ing ashamed of themselves. Even if they haven't got a snowballs in hells chance. . . which is all of them except 3.

Last edited:

BobP

Memri Fan
All teams in the league are trying to win it, otherwise they should be ****ing ashamed of themselves. Even if they haven't got a snowballs in he'll chance. . . which is all of them except 3.

Chelsea have no intention of spending anywhere near the sums of money being thrown about by United and City. That is unless they're able to bring in a substantial amount via player sales.

Longy

With the new backroom staff and the first impression they left this window, plus Sanllehi, and them reinforcing the squad in the summer, I really wouldn't put it beyond Wenger to challenge with Arsenal again. He obviously needs someone to do the recruiting/business side of football, that he thinks he can do, but can't.
The big but here is that this should be seen in context with how the team performs for the rest of the season. Is there a challenge for top 4? How far will they go in the EL? Win the Carabao Cup? Is team performance, coherence and style changing for the better?

If, and only if, it changes for the better, I wouldn't change managers just for the sake of it, surely not to get someone in like Loew, Ancelotti, Blanc, Enrique, Nagelsmann, Arteta, Howe...

Under these circumstances I'd give Wenger his last season, but, as you say, announce it beforehand, at least inside the club, and contact new, possible managers early for the 19/20 season.

Go re watch all of Arsenals away games this year.
Backroom staff will not help.

Change is happenning, just get it out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom