• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan: Taking The Mkhi

Status
Not open for further replies.

House MD

That's the issue though isn't it? Mkhitaryan isn't really a number 10.

At Dortmund he was most effective playing out wide coming in with freedom and more importantly playing alongside other creative players, whereas Mourinho was attempting to use him as the sole creative force in the squad at times. Mkhi is very much a team player that thrives around players that are on the same kind of wavelength. United pretty much just rely on wingers or straight up power from midfield.

Sanchez is definitely more suited to United and Mkhitaryan is most definitely more suited to Arsenal so win win; especially now we've got PEA too.

He is someone who thrives with a free role in attack with licence to roam. That’s the role he had at united. The issue was he couldn’t really perform on a consistent basis. He didn’t have any assists after august.

We don’t really play with wingers with most of our width from full backs. Martial/Rashford who plays on the left or mata on the right generally comes in or like to come in. Mkhi (and now lingard/Sanchez) play behind lukaku in a free role.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

A very good performance yesterday. My MOTM. Hope he succeeds so Moo will regret that has treated him so unfairly.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What a fantastic home debut that was, thought I was watching our 07/08 team again with Mkhi channeling Rosicky. Three assists is just brilliant considering he's been out of the picture at United and hasn't had games.

Can already see he's gonna enjoy playing with Mesut, loved his work rate as well, defensively brilliant.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

What a fantastic home debut that was, thought I was watching our 07/08 team again with Mkhi channeling Rosicky. Three assists is just brilliant considering he's been out of the picture at United and hasn't had games.

Can already see he's gonna enjoy playing with Mesut, loved his work rate as well, defensively brilliant.

Forgot about that , so him and PEA aren't even fully fit yet :eek:

nicky47

Established Member
I was saying to a mate of mine how I felt a little sorry for Mkhitaryan. Always labelled as the bad part of the swap deal, Man U fans happy to see him leave the club, and almost in the shadow of our big buy Aubameyang.

But yesterday, he shined, and for me, was our best player. So so good on and off the ball. I know its just one game, but I think we'll see a lot more quality from him. Like Aubameyang, I'm super excited to see more of him. Pleased as punch we've got him!

BBF

Fair play to this lad, that was an unreal performance. He has to be consistent with it though, too often has he had a great game and gone missing the next.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
The shot he had was the most encouraging thing for me. It's nice to see us have a player that can hit a ball properly outside the box and not have it either dribble along the ground or go into orbit and break my window. Xhaka has a reputation for good shots but I can't remember the last decent hit he had.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I’d like to say its still early. He can become a complete failure, whatever.

What this transfer has mostly imprinted on my memory is how god awfull some football agents are. Everybody and their dog would know that Mkhitaryan and Arsenal would be a better fit than Mkhi and United. But that Mino Raiola had to bring him to United so he could make more cash. I am convinced we were in for him before, the price United got him for was very reasonable considering the season Mkhi had at Dortmund. I just hate that there are talented players like Mkhi wasting away at wrong clubs/managers because football agents place money above a player’s career.

I’d like to say its still early. He can become a complete failure, whatever.

What this transfer has mostly imprinted on my memory is how god awfull some football agents are. Everybody and their dog would know that Mkhitaryan and Arsenal would be a better fit than Mkhi and United. But that Mino Raiola had to bring him to United so he could make more cash. I am convinced we were in for him before, the price United got him for was very reasonable considering the season Mkhi had at Dortmund. I just hate that there are talented players like Mkhi wasting away at wrong clubs/managers because football agents place money above a player’s career.

Well I'm sure Mhiki had the final say. I mean if United come knocking with 150k per week it is hard to turn them down. After all United is one of top 3 biggest clubs in the world.

Were we really in for him? We were also in for Kante. He would have join us but we didn't show him that we really wanted him.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Well I'm sure Mhiki had the final say. I mean if United come knocking with 150k per week it is hard to turn them down. After all United is one of top 3 biggest clubs in the world.

Were we really in for him? We were also in for Kante. He would have join us but we didn't show him that we really wanted him.
Could have helped him make the right choice. Don’t think he did. And now he’s dicking around saying Alexis was part of the Mkhi deal instead of the other way around. We need to contain his influence at Arsenal.

Could have helped him make the right choice. Don’t think he did. And now he’s dicking around saying Alexis was part of the Mkhi deal instead of the other way around. We need to contain his influence at Arsenal.

I can't see anything else but the right decision was leaving Dortmund where he was on like under 50k per week to United were get 150k per week.

It didn't work out there but he still had to try. You don't turn down the chance to play for United with that kind of wage package.

Steps

100% agree. Was absolutely thrilled with his performance. Can't wait to see what he and PEA are like when they are firing on full cylinders.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Good first start by him!

hopefully he can keep it up and look like that against better teams

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
MKH = New Pires/Rosicky
Özil = New DB10
PEA = New TH14

OSBK

Established Member
Still drooling today over what I saw. Been waiting for this for such a long time, prem teams will be crapping themselves now.

Bit by bit we are seeing big changes at the club, we are buying arsenal players now and its brilliant.

Gegen Pressing

Arsenal type of players .. but only ageing ones.
Wenger can't seem to be able to find a young Rosicky a Cazorla anymore. Players from another era..they don't exist anymore... That is the one thing will push him towards retirement .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom