• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,771
  • Views 1,155,598

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Sorry guys I was trying to find a post on Mathieu Debuchy but I couldnt find any so I though this was the best one. Just wanted to know everyone's problem with the guy? Yes he was always behind Bellerin at RB & never as good. He had a few injury problems in his time here so he couldnt do anything about that. When he played though I thought he was always very solid for us in the Cup games. I personally feel sorry for the bloke. When he was fit Wenger never even gave him a chance in the first team. He was a good back up for Bellerin I felt. If Wenger never bothered to give him a chance when he is fit what is the point in signing him? Wasted a few years of his career I felt. Sorry guys I know a few of you have got a problem with him but I never did in the games he filled in for us. Only 30 games in 3 seasons. He even thanked all the supporters for our support after he left.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
"We don't have any more players, that is the reason why," Guardiola said before the game. "We have one goalkeeper and five players. We could take one from [the] second team but they played a game yesterday.

"We played two-and-a-half days ago. We felt two games in a row would be difficult [they] haven't had one serious training sessions with us."

And after the game Guardiola said much the same, insisting he preferred to give his youngsters game time with the second team rather than let them take the final seat on the bench.

"We don't have any more players. They are injured so I would like to have 18 players," he added. "I had 17 because of the other ones. I could call one of the second team but they played a game yesterday. But the others are injured.

Why doesn't Wenger think like this a little bit? What is the harm in having Nelson and Nketiah play with the U18s and reserves and then fill a squad place?

http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchest...-naming-six-subs-gary-neville-calls-it-a-joke

Gary Neville criticised him...rightly so. I think Pep is right in his thinking that game time trumps a place on the bench...but kids can do both.
I hope Wenger rethinks not having Nelson/Nketiah participate in the youth/reserve matches when 1st team matches are upcoming. He'll never play those before the senior players anyways so what is the harm.

In space of two years our academy has gone from being rather average result wise to one of the strongest in the country both on u18 and u23 level.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Haha. Willock got a hattrick of assists just like Mhkitaryan (technically). Willock is the sleeper along with Dasilva. Watch him explode when time is right.

Smith-Rowe got an assist too.

Also, it has gone unnoticed but Xavier Amaechi has basically become a regular already at U23 level - no doubt aided by Smith-Rowe's so far successful transition to central midfield. John-Jules already hovering around too!

Latest posts

Top Bottom