• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2017/18: We(nger) Go Again

Where do you think Arsenal will finish this season?

• Total voters

Preacher

Always Crying
R3xKEVV.png

Nice fixtures summary. Didn't find newer, so it's pre last round.

say yes

forum master baiter
Weighted League Table - GW26

If you've not seen one of these before, it essentially weights results against the quality of teams faced. You're expected to take 3/6 points from your rivals, 4/6 from the middling teams, 6/6 from the weaker teams. Doing so would give you 89 points (up 2 from last season given the strengthening of the big clubs).

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man United, Sp**s
Everton, Southampton, Leicester, West Brom, Bournemouth
West Ham, Stoke, Palace, Swansea, Burnley, Watford, Newcastle, Huddlesfield, Brighton

City: +6
United: -2
Sp**s: -10
Chelsea: -11
Liverpool: -14
Arsenal: -16

and in a pretty graphic:

wm14ra.jpg

Added a maximum line which shows you where we’d finish if we won all our remaining games.

We’re in a crap situation tbh. Reliant on the teams above us collapsing unless we can pick up 4-6 points from Sp**s & City.

Full marks to United for their consistency.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We're ****ed really, we don't deserve top 4 at all but points don't lie - if we by some miracle manage it that's pretty shocking by the teams around us too.

These last 2 seasons have been disgustingly ****, and we don't even have injuries as an excuse and this season the first 11 basically only play in the league. Hard to think of any excuses beyond poor coaching.

We've been recovering from the terrible Cech only transfer window ever since. We'd have won the league then and then hopefully built on that every year since. ****s me off every time I remember that. Now we have to catch up to City which is frankly impossible tbh.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We’re probably going to need to win 10 out of our last 12 games to be in with a shout of 4th, and I don’t think we’ve been on a run like that so far this season.
We should really be looking to the Europa as our best chance.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Our away form and defence is just too poor. To add to that, Sp**s and Liverpool have been consistent - a slip up here and there but there's no evidence to suggest they'll meltdown. So unless we significantly improve away from home, we're relying on two from Sp**s, Pool and Chelsea to fall apart basically. We're rightly outsiders at this point.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We’re probably going to need to win 10 out of our last 12 games to be in with a shout of 4th, and I don’t think we’ve been on a run like that so far this season.
We should really be looking to the Europa as our best chance.
If the competition for the top four remains as is then the next logical step is Europa League. And I fully expect now going forward that the English teams will be taking it as a serious competition.

There may well be a stage where a team finishes in the top 4 one season, wins the Cl the next but falls out of the top 4 is replaced by another who wasn't in it the previous season meanwhile another English team wins the Europa league.

Something like this could happen this season

City
United
Liverpool
Sp**s
Us (win Europa)
Chelsea (win Cl)

BobP

Memri Fan
Our away form and defence is just too poor. To add to that, Sp**s and Liverpool have been consistent - a slip up here and there but there's no evidence to suggest they'll meltdown. So unless we significantly improve away from home, we're relying on two from Sp**s, Pool and Chelsea to fall apart basically. We're rightly outsiders at this point.

You're downplaying the precarious situation Chelsea find themselves in.

Consecutive losses to Bournemouth and Watford with a double header against United and City coming up. You also have the CL tie with Barcelona.

Their season could come apart.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Even if Chelsea fall apart, I don't think there's enough obvious games for Pool and Sp**s to lose for you to catch up. You certainly need to win against Sp**s to even start hoping.

Your defensive struggles also worry me more than Liverpool's for some reason. Maybe PEA and Mkhi will add enough goals to make up for it, but Liverpool have at least been consistently good going forward, whereas the only area you've been fairly consistent in is defensive blunders.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
You're downplaying the precarious situation Chelsea find themselves in.

Consecutive losses to Bournemouth and Watford with a double header against United and City coming up. You also have the CL tie with Barcelona.

Their season could come apart.
That's why I only said that Sp**s and Pool have been consistent, Chelsea are all over the place right now. But only finishing above Chelsea won't get us top 4.

Before new year I was sure we would have good second half of the season but after all we gone through I'm just expecting a slight improvement on what we showed before new year.

8 wins would be good improvement and I would say we as a team would be on the way up before next season given we have all our major attacking players for next season tied down.

Still massive work need to be done regarding tying Wilshere, Nelson and Ramsey down and get rid of the Elneny and Welbeck and sign couple of defenders and GK.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I think the league for us is a bit of a right off. I wouldn't say not to totally focus on it, our next two league games will decide that fate. Anything other than 3 points from Sp**s should see us put everything into the Europa.

What I'm indirectly excited about is the fact we've signed two big players with no guarantee of CL football next season. We've started planning for life with or without it and ultimately this bit of business should show us that CL football isn't that big a factor in acquiring players.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
wouldn't it make more sense for us to have no European football next season and concentrate totally on the PL?

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
It’s not over but we have to pretty much hit a perfect run, I’ve seen us do it with worse teams though so there’s hope.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Win vs Sp**s is needed, though I can't see that happening. We need massive collapses from other teams in order to get top four.

A favourable draw in the Europa league would give me more hope than aiming for top four.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom