• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Ancelotti is so over the hill it’s not even funny. Even in his peak he wasn’t exactly a league winner. Low is just a fanny.
I'm not sure I want him here but come on, a bit of respect. One of the greatest managers of the last 20 years and to be honest there isn't much to suggest that he's over the hill.

My main worry with Ancelloti would be that Arsenal is new ground for him. He's used to managing top dogs, not clubs in 6th place trying to reach the top again.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
The guy from AFTV who called Auba early is also saying Low and Ancelotti are our manager targets...

The Henry/Bergkamp/Vieira part makes me very skeptical though, that sounds a little ridiculous.

I wonder who will be responsible for the selection of manager, realistically it cant be the Kroenke's as they know nothing about on field play.

I'm even sceptical with how much the likes of Gazidis knows as well.

If they are leading this search I'm not surprised names like Low and Ancelotti are coming up as they both have huge successes on their CV's but are probably not what Arsenal require.

Just let Mislintat sort it! He's gonna need a pay rise soon..

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
DO NOT WANT ANCELOTTI! NO! NO! NO!

He's a non-coaching, who cares about defence or a coherent system, seat of the pants, depend on individual flare, lazy manager. We already have one of those, thanks.

I'll take a young manager who will work hard to prove himself, fail perhaps, but learn from his failures and improve, thank you very very much.

Ewarwoowar

I find Arteta to have a similar personality to Guardiola(could be brothers), probably why they get on so well, probably too soon for him to take the reigns proper right now, but the way things are going, managers are becoming not really managers any more any way, just figurehead head coaches and the reason why a lot of teams can seamlessly hand over the reigns with out too much upheaval.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

The guy from AFTV who called Auba early is also saying Low and Ancelotti are our manager targets...

The Henry/Bergkamp/Vieira part makes me very skeptical though, that sounds a little ridiculous.

Henry is not cut out for management , Ajax couldn't wait to be rid of Dennis and he doesn't fly , Paddy is the only one that could be interesting .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I find Arteta to have a similar personality to Guardiola(could be brothers), probably why they get on so well, probably too soon for him to take the reigns proper right now, but the way things are going, managers are becoming not really managers any more any way, just figurehead head coaches and the reason why a lot of teams can seamlessly hand over the reigns with out too much upheaval.

Arteta being groomed for City anyways .

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Henry is not cut out for management , Ajax couldn't wait to be rid of Dennis and he doesn't fly , Paddy is the only one that could be interesting .
Yeah, Dennis isn't at all cut to be the main guy. As an assistant at Ajax he wouldn't even do much during games, just sat on the bench and rarely even spoke to the others. After that all kind of backstabbing games went on, which eventually led to his own demise.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Would still take Unai Emery, completely wasted at PSG and cant see him being there for too long, think him or Jardim would suit Arsenal well considering where we are currently at and the rebuild still requiring completion.

Emery would have been my choice before he chose PSG.
Emery would do well, very pragmatic and not led so much by a certain philosophy. Did a lot of good stuff at PSG, although ultimately I don't think he has enough of a vote in what's going in there and 100% backing from the owners.

Did well to recover Cavani's goalscoring form, though, which was disastrous after Ibra left, got rid of David Luiz, transitioned Motta and Matuidi out and also gives room to relative young players like Marquinhos, Rabiot, Areola and currently Lo Celso.

isop

Would still take Unai Emery, completely wasted at PSG and cant see him being there for too long, think him or Jardim would suit Arsenal well considering where we are currently at and the rebuild still requiring completion.

Emery would have been my choice before he chose PSG.

I think Jardim should be the leading choice. I like a balanced pochettino-like manager who is both very good at attack and defence, and who also promotes and works well with young players.

Would have liked Tuchel as well but Mislintat is here so thats likely a no-go. Would also like Sarri as well. Emery would also have been a good target if he was available, has improved teams in the league below the top clubs and done well in cup tournaments simultaneously.

Allegri also is good, a bit more defensively minded but still attacks reasonably well.

Gegen Pressing

Next manager is going to be German .
We are clearly laying the foundations heading that way since switching to Germany as our main market after they won the WC.
Loew is fine with me but also the younger generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom