• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Usmanov or "Silent" Stan?

Are you for or against a potential takeover?

• For

Votes: 138 90.8%
  • Against

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sadly it feels like the past 10 years were vital to establishment as a top team. We missed several opportunities to do it

Old saying “spend money to make money” I feel really applies to the few years before the TV money really took off in this country

BBF

It's hard to say. I think there was a fallout as Dein wanted us to move to a site by Kings Cross, it was a cheaper option and would have meant the club wouldn't have been saddled with as bad a debt.

The one thing I would say about Dein was I think his primary objective was to keep us competitive as a sporting entity. I think when the board at the time decided to move the club it was done with the best intentions, and with a genuine agenda to lead us to be one of Europe's elite clubs.

Unfortunately, I believe changed when the club was sold.

Interesting. Would have been a better location travel wise and just better to look at than Holloway.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Kroenke’s % is worth more than a billion now. Even though he’d make a huge profit, I still think it’d take something ridiculous to make him sell.

Would Usmanov pay another 2 billion for full control? Doubt it very much.

Last edited:

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
57ec05a474476.image.jpg

"I'm a big ****in' ****!"

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
He wouldn't give a damn. If Gunners fans stopped buying season tickets and attending games, stopped buying merchandise etc, then he might listen but so long as his "investment" keeps increasing in value, he's here to stay.
Sadly this is true. He’s a vampire and unless there is blood (money) in the host he will keep feeding on it. Only way to get him to leave is to stop buying season tickets, merchandise and financially boycotting the club.

Or if he receives a £2b + offer.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
We can always start with a Kroenke out movement. This is a guy who hates the limelight lets give him some of it. If that doesn't have the desired effect we can always ramp it up from there.
He is always happy with the sponsor money. Maybe we should start a campaign against our sponsors. That is the only thing which will make him think.

Zaza

So apparently Kroenke is in debt of $1bn and is using us as collateral. Hearing rumors that Usmanov and flamini are playing a takeover at the end of next season.
Kroenke is a problem

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

So apparently Kroenke is in debt of $1bn and is using us as collateral. Hearing rumors that Usmanov and flamini are playing a takeover at the end of next season.
Kroenke is a problem
What's your sauce? Sounds more gravy than curry to me.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Thank god for Usmanov, any sane person would of sold their shares by now in his position. He must actually be a gooner.

Kroenke made a billion in profit, Usmanov must be close.

The club is run well enough that they only stand to make money. If we somehow up our commercial deals (sleeve sponsors, etc.), they'll make even more.

Both are not in any hurry.

AVENTUS

While I agree Stan is a ***** and wouldn’t know football if someone kicked him in the face with one, can we honestly say his holding the club back or preventing us from signing top talent.

Wenger signed Lacazette and there are echos that he got it wrong and Lacca flopped can’t/won’t adapt to the physical demands of the Premier League 5 months later spends another £57+Mil on another Striker without intervention from owner - this doesn’t sound like an owner in it for the money and sucking money out of the club what it does sound like is a majority share holder who stays completely silent and leaves the running of the club to a board who know far more then he does...

Wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if Stan has no knowledge of Auba or lacca for that matter Stan probably still thinks the team consists of Bendtner and Denilson lol...

I struggle to see where Stan holds us back to be honest frozen ticket prices for more then 4 seasons, paying players £350k per week, won our first trophy 4 years after his arrival..

Would I like usmonav to come in and sign Naymer, Dembelle, & Mbappe yeah of course.

But we haven’t got a mike Ashley type owner in the seat now - far from it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom