• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sead Kolašinac: The Assist Man's Bodyguard

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
haha he's played what 90 minutes since coming back from injury? Yawn

nick gould

Judging his skills and attributes I dont see why he couldn't play both equally well, even LB better than LWB imo, he was good at LCB ffs

It is a fix idea from Wenger for some reason
Wenger is full of sh@t. All he has to do is instruct him to sit back a bit more which shouldn’t be a problem at all. His main weakness is lack of stamina to go up and down the wing. You don’t have to do that as much as a full back. He was solid in the league cup against West Ham.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I remember hearing that Kolasinac doesn't workout. He's just naturally huge and strong, so I wouldn't be surprised if the physicality of the EPL is actually getting to him.

Thus far he's always been able to outmuscle opponents, but now he looks slow and off the pace, and he didn't at the beginning of the season.

Kolasinac might need to hit the gym. Imagine how good he could be if he got a little stronger and faster.

c00lguy

I remember hearing that Kolasinac doesn't workout. He's just naturally huge and strong, so I wouldn't be surprised if the physicality of the EPL is actually getting to him.

Thus far he's always been able to outmuscle opponents, but now he looks slow and off the pace, and he didn't at the beginning of the season.

Kolasinac might need to hit the gym. Imagine how good he could be if he got a little stronger and faster.

*ahem*

12NKqSEj3GCqaqfIaRCFUas44J9_cvcRrQOOYd08QzI.jpg

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

As a professional athlete, I'm sure he works out more than any of us, but he apparently isn't known for hitting the weights after training as much as the other guys.

When you've never needed to seriously workout this makes sense.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Of course he works out ffs , but it's probably endurance work . Wengers already said he's the strongest player on the team .

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Defending in a 4 men backline is so much easier than in a 352 or similar is my experience as a player and coach

Much more timing and positional awereness involved as a LWB as opposed to a LB

In a 4 men backline if you are inlines with the others you are most likely fine

As a wb you got more deciscions to make at the drop of a hat

marting

Has his performances in back 4 actually been bad? I cant actually remember him featuring in a back 4 other then the league cup against west ham....which nothing could be learnt from. Do we have a massive issue at left back at the moment? No not really Monreal is in decent form, Sead is a good backup who will take over at some point, No rush whilst Monreal is still doing a good job.

has AMN got ahead of him or has wenger decided that that position is now best to blood in kids as he used to do with Lord B, Rambo ad whoever else out on the wings...

IslingtonBornandbred

Every player will do certain warm-up and preventative exercises in the gym and the team will also go through gym recovery days. There's always required work you have/need to do, and there are some players which do extra based on their personal preference.

This is just based on what the players say in interviews, but it's quite apparent that Welbeck for example is one who's always in the gym, and on Kolasinac, Wilshere said "he doesn't even go to the gym". I take that as he's natural strong/bulky and didn't/doesn't build his physique in the gym but he obviously does do strength training, but the amount of gym work he does isn't reflective of his size/strength.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Guy has played most of his career as a common LB in a back four. According to transfermarkt, at Schalke he was fielded 89 times as a LB, 20 times as LWB/left winger.
His coaches were Keller, Di Matteo, Breitenreiter and Weinzierl, the last two being the only ones to use a back three sporadically, coinciding in time with the resurgence of the back three.
And now the guy doesn't fit a LB role in a back 4? Strange.

pacstud

Every player will do certain warm-up and preventative exercises in the gym and the team will also go through gym recovery days. There's always required work you have/need to do, and there are some players which do extra based on their personal preference.

This is just based on what the players say in interviews, but it's quite apparent that Welbeck for example is one who's always in the gym, and on Kolasinac, Wilshere said "he doesn't even go to the gym". I take that as he's natural strong/bulky and didn't/doesn't build his physique in the gym but he obviously does do strength training, but the amount of gym work he does isn't reflective of his size/strength.
You are extrapolating far too much out of a quote.

Professional athletes are all under fairly strict and structured training regiments. It's not an either/or proposition.

Now, could guys not be providing intangibles and effort? Sure, I suppose. Not gonna guess on that one though.

tcahill

Guy has played most of his career as a common LB in a back four. According to transfermarkt, at Schalke he was fielded 89 times as a LB, 20 times as LWB/left winger.
His coaches were Keller, Di Matteo, Breitenreiter and Weinzierl, the last two being the only ones to use a back three sporadically, coinciding in time with the resurgence of the back three.
And now the guy doesn't fit a LB role in a back 4? Strange.

I posted this awhile ago, his breakout season with Schalke was at LWB. He was mainly a LB before that but was only average in the Bundesliga.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I posted this awhile ago, his breakout season with Schalke was at LWB. He was mainly a LB before that but was only average in the Bundesliga.
He wasn't average at all, Kolasinac was a big talent from the moment he was introduced to the first team. The only reason he didn't quite develop as expected was his injuries (especially when he did his ACL in 2014 which kept him out for almost a year). After coming back, he slowly got better and better until his final season with Schalke when he became the LB of the year. He also played as a CB as well, so the idea that he can't play LB is absurd.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Do you have a source?

I'm pretty sure that I heard it in a video interview with a player on the website. The player just casually mentioned that Kolasinac surprisingly doesn't hit the gym that much. He's just naturally big and strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom