• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jan Oblak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
If we can sign top5 GK in the world then that is better than much other we could do under Wenger. I mean De Gea wins United points every other game even if their defense is ****.

Wenger could sign the best defenders in the world and still struggle in modern game to get it right. But he really can't mess up with world class GK.
Spot on!
We're not talking about spending £50M+ on some young, developing talent or a good goalkeeper, we're talking about signing one of the best in the world! A guy who, if not for being at Atletico, would be heading to Real Madrid this summer ( in my opinion)
How many time have we watched United or even Sp**s, in envy, when De Gea and Lloris have dragged them through a game and got them three points when they only deserved one? Or just having a goalkeeper that makes the vital, or the impossible world class saves?
Easily put - if we had De Gea and United had Cech, we would be much, much closer to the top of the league and United would be in our position (outside the top 4)

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
If Mr. J. Oblak was accompanied by Messrs K. Koulibaly & F. H. Tavares then they may well restore our fine institution to a state of rude health.
It would be quite the start, that's for sure.

Jae

Looks like Courtois is destined to go back to them next summer. Could leave us with a chance if we offer the right money/wages. United could scupper it though if they lose Spanish Dave to Real.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
If United or PSG dont get Donnarumma, i don't know who will. Doesn't seem like a barca transfer, and real seem nailed on for De Gea. Obviously Neuer aint going nowhere.

It's really now or never. Failing that, wellw just have to hope that we get extremely lucky to get someone of his level.

Midfielders can be coached, defences can be improved by tweaking the system. But a world class goalkeeper, and a chance to obtain one, presents itself once every decade.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Has Oblak come out to address these rumors yet? Haven't given any attention to the Spanish press myself...

pikey2000

Not seen much of him, but wondering, is he legit world class or is he a good keeper made to look world class due to the Atletico defensive setup?

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Not seen much of him, but wondering, is he legit world class or is he a good keeper made to look world class due to the Atletico defensive setup?

He's even been the best keeper in the world for some periods within the last two hears IMO.
And that's saying a lot as that includes times in which Neuer wasn't injured who usually stands head and shoulders above anyone else.

In general, he's definetely on par with de Gea, Courtois and Ter Stegen.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Has Oblak come out to address these rumors yet? Haven't given any attention to the Spanish press myself...

I've seen nothing about him addressing any rumors, but about a month ago he shrugged off questions about a new contract, pointing out that his current deal doesn't run out until 2021 and that if and when he gets an extension isn't really up to him.

Personally, I'm very skeptical of Arsenal's chances of getting this guy, even if reports they are targeting him are true. Atletico still has too much control over the situation and I see no particular reason why he would want to leave. It would take an awful lot of money, both in salary and transfer fee.

Absolutely one of the top handful of shot stoppers in the world. Still needs a lot of work on his ball distribution (maybe Cech could help him improve in that area).

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Can’t really imagine a scenario in which he comes here — maybe if Real signs Donarumma and DDG/Courtois stay in place? We’re kind of low on the list of clubs who will he (or might be) looking for new keepers this summer).

HBL

Established Member
More clean sheets than goals conceded, that’s an unbelievable record. Definitley top 5 in the world, probably top 3.

Malky

Established Member
More clean sheets than goals conceded, that’s an unbelievable record. Definitley top 5 in the world, probably top 3.
Would say top 3. In my opinion only De Gea keeps him from being thee best. De Gea, Oblak and Ter Stegan are currently the top 3, in that order.
This would be a massive, massive signing if we pulled it off.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I've liked him for a while and he's looked the business in the Atleti set up. If we get in to a bidding war, I fear we will lose. I'd be reluctant to spend more than €50m and I'd like us to have Allison in reserve as he has a buyout clause of €44m which should make a transfer theoretically simpler.

Rouski

If we have an opportunity to sign Jan Oblak then sign him no question. We are looking for the best in every position, atm he is or is very near the best goalkeeper. This type of signing will attract other world-class signings.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
yay1.gif

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Apparently the same article mentions that Sanllehi is behind the deal. Could actually have legs?

HBL

Established Member
I highly doubt we’ll spend more than £30m on a keeper, let alone £80m.

Would be crazy considering all the other areas we need to improve and with the small budget we supposedly have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom