• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheArsenalis

Bellerin is far from a finished product. No arguments there.

For my money, either loan him or start him, but don't sell him.
the only reason he playing full back is because he is a failed winger that wasn't gonna cut the grade.
its been a good transformation, it gave him a chance. but the kid better learn to develop his defensive game, his speed isnt enough. even if he was slow as a snail but can defend extremely well. id love that.
now you have a great asset that wont leave you anytime soon, please please learn to read the defensive side of the game.

TheArsenalis

Other than Salah and van Dijk who would you take from pool. Squad cost, the mother of all deceivers
its nonsense, squad cost would make you think that the more expensive the player the better. which is simple not true. we could replace our expensive player with cheaper option and have a better sqaud

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Nah, the top 6 teams by squad cost are in the top 6 places yet again. Swap us and Sp**s and they're in the right order too. Just Kane putting the order out.

You'll always get some anomalies but that's how probability works bro. It's the only way to understand modern football. All else is b*llocks and useless words.;)
I just don't agree we're getting max value at the moment

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
its nonsense, squad cost would make you think that the more expensive the player the better. which is simple not true. we could replace our expensive player with cheaper option and have a better sqaud
You'd replace Özil, Aubameyany and laca with who exactly?
I think you've missed my point. Squad cost is certainly a factor, I'm just arguing it's deceptive between us and pool because I still think we have the better squad

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How exactly?
by buying potential players which probably won't even be good? it doesn't work like that, or Udinese would have reigned supreme in World Football (look at what they discovered https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Udinese_Calcio#Notable_players )

Rigid training tactics could improve Arsenal, but the best option is rigid training tactics AND the best squad

Great player costs great money cause the competition to gain him, that's the reality. There is no drafting phase like NBA or NFL in World Football

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's amazing how many people just can't accept the evidence right in front of them.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

So a team of messi, ronaldo and neymar with league one midfielders and goalkeeper has a high probability to win the league and champions league? Sounds legit.
In your thought experiment try thinking about real teams.

TheArsenalis

It's amazing how many people just can't accept the evidence right in front of them.
the evidence your trying to propagate would force me to ignore whats really real, your whole thought process is spent the most win the most. and that's not the reality. i can accept that their is some logic there but the truth of the matter is, buy quality player get quality results. it goes no further than that

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
the evidence your trying to propagate would force me to ignore whats really real, your whole thought process is spent the most win the most. and that's not the reality. i can accept that their is some logic there but the truth of the matter is, buy quality player get quality results. it goes no further than that
And 999 times out of 1000 that quality player costs far more....

Also, the teams who have spent the most DO win the league. Not sure how you're refuting that.

Where the fine margins (and a quality manager) make a difference is between squads who have a similar figure for cost/value. I prefer value but it's another argument.

TheArsenalis

How exactly?
by buying potential players which probably won't even be good? it doesn't work like that, or Udinese would have reigned supreme in World Football (look at what they discovered https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Udinese_Calcio#Notable_players )

Rigid training tactics could improve Arsenal, but the best option is rigid training tactics AND the best squad

Great player costs great money cause the competition to gain him, that's the reality. There is no drafting phase like NBA or NFL in World Football
this is true i believe this. but how did these players get found? some small team find them for nothing them big team snoop them up right? how much yu think mahrez will leave leciester for now? auba was bought for what 13 mil? im sure you see my thinking. what big clubs do is wait for players to prove themselves, when everybody is now looking the players price tag becomes inflated.

to answer your question about replacing our expensive players with cheaper option. remember now that im talking about players like xhaka and lacazette who hasnt really live up to the hype as yet. AMN is a free up grade on xhaka. or we can rob from a small club.

TheArsenalis

And 999 times out of 1000 that quality player costs far more....

Also, the teams who have spent the most DO win the league. Not sure how you're refuting that.

Where the fine margins (and a quality manager) make a difference is between squads who have a similar figure for cost/value. I prefer value but it's another argument.
Can't refute that, it happens most the time. Real madrid, manu chelsea psg. The list goes on. But for years barca ddnt have the moat expensive squad. And manu toppled chelsea without spwnding like chelsea. We have seen that happen too. I guess being a pragmatist come into play where ended finding that player hungrier than the over priced players

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

this is true i believe this. but how did these players get found? some small team find them for nothing them big team snoop them up right? how much yu think mahrez will leave leciester for now? auba was bought for what 13 mil? im sure you see my thinking. what big clubs do is wait for players to prove themselves, when everybody is now looking the players price tag becomes inflated.

to answer your question about replacing our expensive players with cheaper option. remember now that im talking about players like xhaka and lacazette who hasnt really live up to the hype as yet. AMN is a free up grade on xhaka. or we can rob from a small club.
If it was easy to find cheap good players:
-Teams at the bottom of the league would win more often
-Clubs wouldn't be spending millions on data analysis
-Sheikh Mansour would have saved himself £1.3bn of investment.

Sp**s have fluked Harry Kane for next to nothing, and are performing above their squad cost. Soon a rich team will poach him and Sp**s will drop down again. Barca or Man C who might buy him will stay at the top.

It's the law of football.

TheArsenalis

If it was easy to find cheap good players:
-Teams at the bottom of the league would win more often
-Clubs wouldn't be spending millions on data analysis
-Sheikh Mansour would have saved himself £1.3bn of investment.

Sp**s have fluked Harry Kane for next to nothing, and are performing above their squad cost. Soon a rich team will poach him and Sp**s will drop down again. Barca or Man C who might buy him will stay at the top.

It's the law of football.
Again nonsense, nobody said it was easy. And teams at the bottom wouldnt be at the bottom if they could assemble a squad of quality players would they? They dug up or two gems then they get poached before they could build around it. Arsenal for example are often times just a couple decent signings away from being outstanding.
Of course the top clubs will stay at the top because they have a squad of top players already and only need to find one or two pieces missing from their puzzles while small team have it upside down.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Look I know what mean, it's about scouting that's why I chose Udinese as example a small club with a great scouting team, but the point is it's not easy to find potential players and remember, Arsenal been there before playing potential and got us nowhere

Aubameyang is there for Lacazette and yeah AMN probably can take over, but in the end I'd rather the club to spend for key position like Xakha's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom