• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Interesting stuff. He shouldn't be getting more than £180k per week max imo. As for the captaincy, he is articulate and professional on and off the pitch. My main gripe, is his style of play/game. I can't see Kos not being made squad captain but with Cazorla injured, the vice captaincy becomes free if that happens. On the other hand,Wenger has a history of moving his captains on....

Jae

Scores a hat trick and everyone wants him as our Captain :lol:

Performances aside, he isn't vocal enough on the pitch for me, too meek and mild, our Captain should be someone that will shout and scream at players on our team and someone who isn't afraid to get in the opposing players faces

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

When you consider that Aaron is one of the first names of the team-sheet (in Wengers eyes) and what we're paying Özil, then 250k isn't really unreasonable. Also again going back to one of the first names of the team-sheet, considering Koscielny is likely to be phased out soon enough then Ramsey makes the most sense to wear the armband.

Longy

Özil
Mikhi - Auba
Jack - Nacho - Koscielny - Lacazette
Bellerin - Xhaka - Ramsey - Mustafi
The rest
Wellbeck

That's our tiers of best players.
You don't put someone that low quality wise as captain.
It's Jack or Özil.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
To be fair we got decent dough for Theo in the end.
True but I think we could've gotten more about 4 years earlier without having to suffer through his decline.

Thinking about it, Ramsey is 27 now, a year older than Walcott was at the time he signed the contract. Unbelievable that we are again falling for the same trap.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I feel sorry for Users on AM. Constantly throwing decent players under the bus while totally ignoring the fact that they are playing under really average coaching.
:lol: 20 years in top 4 from year 1, without a single break in the most difficult league in the world. Players saying that Wenger is meticulous in his training drills more than any other they've worked for.

And you still believe this internet narrative. SMH

:lol: 20 years in top 4 from year 1, without a single break in the most difficult league in the world. Players saying that Wenger is meticulous in his training drills more than any other they've worked for.

And you still believe this internet narrative. SMH

Exactly this kind of ppl are the ones which make our world work!
- Religion
- neoliberal capitalism
- pharma drugs

Must be hard to constantly have this never ending battle within you to suppress logic and rational thinking!

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
True but I think we could've gotten more about 4 years earlier without having to suffer through his decline.

Thinking about it, Ramsey is 27 now, a year older than Walcott was at the time he signed the contract. Unbelievable that we are again falling for the same trap.
Yes. He did score 19 goals last season though. Better than 1 in 2.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'd be happy with Ramsey, Wilshere or Özil being Captain. Just dont give it to Kos or Monreal, nothing against them but I'm fed up with our Captain sitting on the bench ie Per & Arteta. Both were Captain late in their career and I prefer to see our Captain on the pitch week in week out.

As for Ramsey's potential salary, you have to take into account what it would cost to replace him, that's why Özil got £350k pw. A 2nd big contract is completely different to their 1st as there is no fee. If you can cash in that's different but we let our players get too close to leaving for free so we cant really cash in.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Özil
Mikhi - Auba
Jack - Nacho - Koscielny - Lacazette
Bellerin - Xhaka - Ramsey - Mustafi
The rest
Wellbeck

That's our tiers of best players.
You don't put someone that low quality wise as captain.
It's Jack or Özil.
I want Özil as captain!!

logic DC

good player when on song, but let's not lose our minds and act as though he is perfect, no way you give Aaron 250pw I'd give him 150 though - haven't said that I would love him as a captain, him jack or Özil.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

So:

Ramsey has been involved in (goal/assist) 44% of our goals this season when playing, the second most influential player is Özil at 27%. Compared to the legendary 13/14 season he's shooting more frequently, shooting more frequently in the box and getting more big chances.

The issues here are that he's shown himself to be a pretty poor finisher in the grand scheme of things, the dodgy hamstrings and the big one: Are the goal contributions worth the vacated midfield?

Ignoring the last paragaph, he's all set up for a monster season which makes this summer's renewal a pain in the arse. Could easily see him getting a ridiculous wage as we'll have to match all offers. If nobody else tries to sign him I think we could tie him down to something like 120k base.

Last edited:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

So:

Ramsey has been involved in (goal/assist) 44% of our goals this season when playing, the second most influential player is Özil at 27%. Compared to the legendary 13/14 season he's shooting more frequently, shooting more frequently in the box and getting more big chances.

The issues here are that he's shown himself to be a pretty poor finisher in the grand scheme of things, the dodgy hamstrings and the big one: Are the goal contributions worth the vacated midfield?

Ignoreing the last paragaph, he's all set up for a monster season which makes this summer's renewal a pain in the arse. Could easily see him getting a ridiculous wage as we'll have to match all offers. If nobody else tries to sign him I think we could tie him down to something like 120k base.
44%? what? seriously? Give him 400k! (a month)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom