• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyrth

So:

Ramsey has been involved in (goal/assist) 44% of our goals this season when playing, the second most influential player is Özil at 27%. Compared to the legendary 13/14 season he's shooting more frequently, shooting more frequently in the box and getting more big chances.

The issues here are that he's shown himself to be a pretty poor finisher in the grand scheme of things, the dodgy hamstrings and the big one: Are the goal contributions worth the vacated midfield?

Ignoreing the last paragaph, he's all set up for a monster season which makes this summer's renewal a pain in the arse. Could easily see him getting a ridiculous wage as we'll have to match all offers. If nobody else tries to sign him I think we could tie him down to something like 120k base.
Spot on. But the thing is, if there's a vacated midfield, chances of us playing well and him scoring would be low.

He makes good late runs too. And I'm really fine with a midfielder that is influential in our attack if he is an AM or a B2B midfielder. But what the stats does not cover is the way Ramsey gets himself involved in our attack. Does he make late runs when our attackers have the ball in the final third, or does he scampers forward while we are still building up our attack?

The latter has happened too frequently and that has also resulted in our poor shape and structure allowing ourselves to roll over and play dead to our opponents. Although I'm suspecting Sanchez did him no favors because when Sanchez went deep and was ball hogging whilst Ramsey made those "late" runs. Anyway, the 13/14 purple patch season and the last game against Everton should be the blueprint for Ramsey going forward. Stay in the middle and play it simple then make a late burst into the box.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
his home grown status makes him a 200k player.
I wonder how much we will be giving Jack then...

P.S. let's not pretend as if Ramsey's runs from midfield are perfectly timed or have any form of discipline... You spend as much time in forward areas as he does, your efforts will eventually play out.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why anyone would want to tie him down on such high wages.

Reactions: Jae

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
jack did not won us 2 fa cups.
jack never had the form Ramsey is showing year after year.
team does not revolve around jack it revolves around Ramsey.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
The team does not revolve around Ramsey lol.

Edit:
Could you explain how the team revolvers around ramsey?

Last edited:

Jae

I'd argue there isn't a single player in our team that we couldn't replace/upgrade and there isn't one single player who is pivotal to our play (with the exception of Özil in both circumstances).

Obviously not including the new recruits in that.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal: Rambo, we wanna tie you down. Let’s talk numbers. You’re an important part of this team.

Ramsey: I’m 27, this will be one of the last big contracts I sign. I feel something in the ball
park of £250k p/w would be reasonable..

Arsenal: We’re eager to extend your deal, but we feel £250k p/w is a bit excessive. Özil has just signed an expensive deal and we’re also trying to extend Jack Wilshere’s contract. Can we compromise?

Ramsey: No disrespect to Wilshere, I rate him highly, but can you honestly say he deserves parity with me? I’ve contribued more- I deserve more money.

Arsenal:

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
I'd argue there isn't a single player in our team that we couldn't replace/upgrade and there isn't one single player who is pivotal to our play (with the exception of Özil in both circumstances).

Obviously not including the new recruits in that.
i would argue that Ramsey is irreplasable and that if he becomes available he will attract interest from Real Madrid PSG Munich City and United.
even Juventus.

Look at how Chelsea crumbled after Matic left.
our team breaths thanks to Ramsey.

Jae

i would argue that Ramsey is irreplasable and that if he becomes available he will attract interest from Real Madrid PSG Munich City and United.
even Juventus.

Think we will just have to agree to disagree, I'm sure there will be interest from top clubs, but there are many better players out there than Ramsey.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Ramsey wants a bigger contract than Jack then I think he's earned it.

Jack's a top player, but his injuries have stunted his development, and we seriously need to give players contracts based on their performance. Over the years Ramsey has been a more integral piece of our squad than Jack.

That doesn't mean Jack isn't a quality player or doesn't have more potential than Ramsey, but at 27 a contract is no longer about potential or your emotional attachment to the club.

Considering his injuries and the fact he was sent on loan last season, I think Jack should understand if he isn't one of the highest paid players at the club. And if he has a great season next year or the year after that, I doubt anyone will object to improving his contract.

Above all else, we have to make sure that both Jack and Ramsey stay.

Longy

even Juventus.

He is very replaceable, he is in a position where there is an abundance of talent.

There is plenty of talk about Wilshere contract not moving but incentifying, yet Ramsey is asking 200+ ?
That's just ridiculous.

I am all for keeping him even though I'm his harshest critic, but it's as a squad player. If he's asking for this kind of pay rise or we get any offer above 35m you let him go.

He is consistently inconsistent.
Injured a lot
Technically inept

Those things are key and do not warrant 200+/week. There is a lot better out there for that price.

He is very replaceable, he is in a position where there is an abundance of talent.

There is plenty of talk about Wilshere contract not moving but incentifying, yet Ramsey is asking 200+ ?
That's just ridiculous.

I am all for keeping him even though I'm his harshest critic, but it's as a squad player. If he's asking for this kind of pay rise or we get any offer above 35m you let him go.

He is consistently inconsistent.
Injured a lot
Technically inept

Those things are key and do not warrant 200+/week. There is a lot better out there for that price.

-.-...

The ONLY problem with Ramsey is that he tends to be injured quite often.
He is a very very good player.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Watch us play.
i have already explained many many times why Ramsey is key.
it shouldn't be this hard to understand.
I have and hes been doing as much wrong as Right Alot of Times'. I dont have time to look theough all your posts nor do i read everything on this forum. I dont understand your opinion cause i dont share it nor have i Seen your reasoning. Thats why i asked for it.

Longy

Did waiting with Alexis and Özil not give everyone enough of a headache? :lol:

I really think it will be measured with Jack's contract.
They are both around same level.
Jack will sign for a certain fee first and Ramsey will be offered similar after.
There will be a limit, if he wants over then i think he will be sold. (don't think it'll be anywhere near 200k)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom