• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Football 2017/18

City wins that game 9/10, but nice to see a little variety / surprise results when the league has been a foregone conclusion since the fall.
It was good for me to see Ben Mee playing so well, used to talk with him a fair bit a while ago, he loves City, and he'd have loved to score with that volley Ederson made the great save from.

I'd definitely have taken a point before the game, so whilst I'm disappointed how it panned out, I'm not too upset at the result.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
from BBC Sport website:

The Premier League is considering introducing a winter break when a new TV deal is next agreed.

The top leagues in Germany, France, Italy and Spain all have mid-season breaks.

The Football Association has previously said a winter break is not feasible until the end of the current television deal in 2019.

Talks have been ongoing for several months and are understood to have been constructive.

A January break has been under discussion, so if it gets agreed it would not impact on the traditional festive football schedule.

"The Premier League has been in discussions with the FA and EFL for several months regarding the challenges of the increasingly congested English football calendar and ways in which we can work together to ease fixture congestion while also giving players a mid-season break," the Premier League said in a statement.

"Provided space can be found in the calendar, we are open to this in principle and will continue constructive discussions with our football stakeholders to seek a workable solution."

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
from BBC Sport website:

The Premier League is considering introducing a winter break when a new TV deal is next agreed.

The Football Association has previously said a winter break is not feasible until the end of the current television deal in 2019.

Talks have been ongoing for several months and are understood to have been constructive.

A January break has been under discussion, so if it gets agreed it would not impact on the traditional festive football schedule.

"The Premier League has been in discussions with the FA and EFL for several months regarding the challenges of the increasingly congested English football calendar and ways in which we can work together to ease fixture congestion while also giving players a mid-season break," the Premier League said in a statement.

"Provided space can be found in the calendar, we are open to this in principle and will continue constructive discussions with our football stakeholders to seek a workable solution."
Hm. We’ll make the January transfer window an interesting beast.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

from BBC Sport website:

Great news, along with the shorter summer transfer window period we shall see an even better product on field. Interesting to see how they manage scheduling to compensate though, could be the make or break.

c00lguy

Arsène gave our team a day off training following our defeat to Swansea. Conte has now given Chelsea 2 days off following the Watford defeat.
I thought you're supposed to train harder following defeats. What is this about exactly?

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I thought you're supposed to train harder following defeats. What is this about exactly?

Clearing your mind and regaining focus. Even as a professional, the effects of fixation on bad results, the effect of trying to make things happen under the pressure of a string of bad results, etc. aren't only positive. It's tough to blance these things out. And the best are those who can exactly do that.
You try to make things better, but you overtry and actually make it all worse. You fix on the failures to iron them out, you fix just too much on them and forget what you're actually good at.
Hammering what's gone wrong into your mind is a good thing, if you do it in a postive way. If you give too much weigh to what's wrong in a negative manner, you'll only drag yourself down. A day or two without being instantly faced with these things might clear your mind.
You're always supposed to go into a game competitevly, but at least I like to have a clear and focused mind, which doesn't cling to last matchday's errors. You take what you need from bad and good and built your own pressure within, but a day off to get you clear and focused again is nothing wrong and, as far as I know, quite usual in any sport and on any level.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Mahrez is being completely unprofessional. I hate to see players do this stuff.
It's why I had to laugh when everyone was wanking over him during the transfer window and acting like it wasn't a big deal that he basically downed tools last season as well. Anybody naive enough to believe he wouldn't do the same at this club needs to reconsider. He'd come and have 1 good season and then pull the same stunt if a bigger club at home or abroad showed a whiff of interest. That mentality isn't something that a person grows out of.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
It's why I had to laugh when everyone was wanking over him during the transfer window and acting like it wasn't a big deal that he basically downed tools last season as well. Anybody naive enough to believe he wouldn't do the same at this club needs to reconsider. He'd come and have 1 good season and then pull the same stunt if a bigger club at home or abroad showed a whiff of interest. That mentality isn't something that a person grows out of.
Can't really blame him, though. He's outplayed his current club and contract and deserves a move.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
City have asked to have meeting with FA because other teams fouling their players. :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Stoke miss a last min pen, Might be one of the few good things to come out of this season, them being relegated. That **** Charlie Adam missed

Latest posts+

Top Bottom