• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan: Taking The Mkhi

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSBK

Established Member
Arsenal type of players .. but only ageing ones.
Wenger can't seem to be able to find a young Rosicky a Cazorla anymore. Players from another era..they don't exist anymore... That is the one thing will push him towards retirement .

Buying youth has not worked for wenger for a long time. Buying ready made and ready to go is the winning formula.

3-4 quality years from mhky vs 3-4 years for someone to prehaps get to his level.

Longy

Arsenal type of players .. but only ageing ones.
Wenger can't seem to be able to find a young Rosicky a Cazorla anymore. Players from another era..they don't exist anymore... That is the one thing will push him towards retirement .

He's had many an opportunity.
Just look at this French generation....... and even though it's Wengers nation where it's well written that he is some sort of messiah, he grabs one, and it's the worst one.

I'd much rather we buy players like Mikhi and leave the experts to pick the young talent to blend in and progress.

Ewarwoowar

The video above is unavailable, this one resolution not brilliant, but works and kind of negates the inferences he might be soft, he took a few knocks v Everton and didn't go hiding, early doors yet though.

Edit- thumbnails the same, looks like same video but the other says to me unavailableo_O

james74

Hello Gooners

I've just signed up as a guest as I thought up a song for Mkhitarian that you guys could sing.

To the tune of 'Englishman in New York'

'Oh oh Mkhitarian, Henrikh Mkhitarian
He's an Armenian in London/at Arsenal

Not a long song but thought it goes with the tune well.

Ara

Hello Gooners

I've just signed up as a guest as I thought up a song for Mkhitarian that you guys could sing.

To the tune of 'Englishman in New York'

'Oh oh Mkhitarian, Henrikh Mkhitarian
He's an Armenian in London/at Arsenal

Not a long song but thought it goes with the tune well.
Come on, Man U fans had that song already.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Thanks Jose.
Their account of Ramsey's goal at the end is way off. Mkhitaryan didn't cross it to the back post but the near post. And Ramsey didn't make a run from the back/opposite side of the field, but the middle. They also are seemingly stuck on us only playing a 3-4-3 while Mkhitaryan is here, even though they give him credit in the Everton game for getting 3 assists and we actually played a 4-3-3 in that game.

Ewarwoowar

Mans a pro! Apparently he his working off the clock on his own time, helping the strikers(Auba and Laca) by putting in crosses, where apparently it is coaches that normally do that thing. Conversely, hoping Auba does the same for our defenders, putting his foot up their Jacksy so to speak.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mans a pro! Apparently he his working off the clock on his own time, helping the strikers(Auba and Laca) by putting in crosses, where apparently it is coaches that normally do that thing. Conversely, hoping Auba does the same for our defenders, putting his foot up their Jacksy so to speak.
@celestis look at this
Mystery of why our players has ****ty crossing bar a few finally solved!

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I'm guessing Ramsey will be one of our major beneficiaries of Mkhi. After Sanchez arrived, ramsey never repeated his 2014 goal scoring form, because Sanchez used to gobble up the ball at every opportunity. Ramseyll find it much easier to work with someone that tries to create space at the centre instead of occupying it himself

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'm guessing Ramsey will be one of our major beneficiaries of Mkhi. After Sanchez arrived, ramsey never repeated his 2014 goal scoring form, because Sanchez used to gobble up the ball at every opportunity. Ramseyll find it much easier to work with someone that tries to create space at the centre instead of occupying it himself
Mkhi is a very good signing in theory. Ticks many boxes, let's see how it goes.

Marmaduke

In a way Arsenal was the perfect club for Sanchez. We allowed him to do literally anything he wanted (wether it was a general good or not).

Have a feeling he will have the same position at Man U. Team play will suffer slightly from him demanding to be on the ball but he will offset that by scoring.

Ewarwoowar

He's a 'Gooner'

From the Mirror

Mkhitaryan often struggled to nail down a place at United - being left out of Jose Mourinho's matchday squads on several occasions - but he is keen to make the most of his fresh start.

Henrikh-Mkhitaryan-File-Photo.jpg

Mkhitaryan impressed the fans on his home debut (Image: PA)
And it is a start at a club he knows well, as he claims that his support for the club goes back well over a decade to when Arsène Wenger's teams were at their peak.

"I loved the way that Arsenal were playing at the time," he said.

"I loved the way Arsène Wenger was treating his players, I loved the way that everything was happening around the club.

Arsenal-Training-Session.jpg

The new man is impressed by his boss (Image: Arsenal FC via Getty Images)

Arsenal-Training-Session.jpg

Mkhitaryan is in line to start against Sp**s (Image: Stuart MacFarlane/Arsenal FC via Getty Images)
"So it was just a dream, it was a drive to say 'why not? I'm supporting Arsenal and I want to play for that club as well.'"

And ahead of Saturday's north London derby against Tottenham at Wembley, Mkhitaryan is aiming high.

"Of course first of all we have to win lots of games," he continued.

Premier-League-Arsenal-vs-Everton.jpg

He's now joined up with his former Dortmund teammate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Image: REUTERS)
"Secondly, we have to think that we have to win titles because at the end of your football career only the titles mean something.

"I think if you play football, it doesn't matter for which club, you have to achieve the maximum and you have to win titles because if you are playing just to play football it is better to stop playing it.

"You have to play to win titles and leave your name in the history of football."

More here-
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-henrikh-mkhitaryan-supported-club-11998161

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
"I loved the way Arséne Wenger was treating his players"....another dig at Jose. :lol:

Hope he keeps sticking the middle finger up to that bus parking fraud and his disgusting fanboys.
It's not like he'd say anything different if life at United were far superior, though.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Interesting look at how Micki is being used differently at Arsenal (with lots of charts and graphs).

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...eliver-stability-for-Arsène-wenger-at-arsenal

MkhiMagic

It's not like he'd say anything different if life at United were far superior, though.
Well, I understand they have a PR team and have to say the right things but that quote seems awfully specific and it appears to be another dig at Jose rather than him answering the reporters' question. He did it before when talking about how he's excited to play attacking football again. They're all thinly veiled shots at Jose imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom