• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | North London Derby (Home) | Saturday, 10th of February at 12:30 (GMT) | BT Sport

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Genuinely wouldn’t mind Ospina starting ahead of Cech, whether the latter is injured or not. Ospina was fantastic away to Spuds last year, kept us in it with 10 men.

As for the rest of the team, I wouldn’t mind the same side that started against Everton, only change I’d possibly make is Wilshere in for Iwobi- changing the shape to a 4-3-3. Then again, a big game against Spuds for Iwobi could lead to positive things for the rest of the campaign.

It’s a cliche but form does go out the window in derby games. Literally comes down to your performance on the day. We’re good enough to beat them, I’m slightly encouraged by the fact it’s Wembley and not Sheight Hart Lane too. Might take a bit out the atmosphere but that could work in our favour.

Biggest league game of the season this. COOOYYGGGGGG!!

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

For sure he read this post...any other wisdom to impart to him?

Absolutely, sir. Thanks for noticing my talent.

My further advice for him would be that Sp**s midfield has very little technical creativity and therefore we must pressure Dembele and Dier because letting them come onto us will only negate their lack of creativity as they can use these two to pen us back and have the more dangerous four run riot in our final third. Instead, we need to get in the faces of their defensive midfielders, force them to play difficult passes and win the battle for the middle of the park. If we do this, we can control the ball and the match with our fluidity and movement.

You're welcome, Arsène.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Find myself wishing it was game time already. Really looking forward to watching our new guys again.

CJJ

Established Member
Ospina
Bellerin - Kos - Mustafi - Monreal
Wilshere - Xhaka
Özil - Ramsey - Micky
Aubameyang

Its very defensive minded formation but thats what i think we'll need.
We can't have Ramsey roaming around as a 2man midfield in a game like this, and I don't believe you can bench a guy that just nailed a hattrick, so he must play number 10 role with freedom to roam.

Wryer

Ospina
Wilshere - Xhaka
Özil - Ramsey - Micky
Aubameyang

We can't have Ramsey roaming around as a 2man midfield in a game like this, and I don't believe you can bench a guy that just nailed a hattrick, so he must play number 10 role with freedom to roam.

The problem with this is Ramsey will play like he is the number 10 while Özil will remain Özil. So end of the day, it's not defensive anymore and leaves us wide open in fact.

LacaNewSigning

Just please don't play xhaka, I'd drop him for el neny and bring back wilshere into the 11. Allow us to form a 3 with Ramsey tucking in from the wings.

Sp**s lack creativity in midfield, if we can stifle eriksen the game is pretty much won. Kane seems to be dropping off which is good 4 us as he always seems to score against us.

COYGGG

Wryer

Won't be surprised to see a midfield three of

Ramsey - Xhaka - Neny
----- Özil ------------ Mkhi
---------------PEA -----------

This just screams Wenger in a big game.

Sp**s is going to try to dominate us physically with Dier, Dembele and Wanyama.

I'd say screw it and let's run rings around them.

Mkhi - Wilshere - Ramsey
--------------Özil---------------------

CJJ

Established Member
The problem with this is Ramsey will play like he is the number 10 while Özil will remain Özil. So end of the day, it's not defensive anymore and leaves us wide open in fact.
I'll disagree on that one.
I don't think neither Wilshere or Ramsey should be dropped. So with that in mind, i don't see how you can make a more defensive formation that include our players that's on a good run. Enlighten me if you have an alternative.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Ospina
Wilshere - Xhaka
Özil - Ramsey - Micky
Aubameyang

This is the team I would go with aswell. With Auba dragging the Sp**s defence out of position and Ramsey making those deep runs. It will cause Sp**s a lot of problems. It seems already that Mkhitaryan & Ramsey have a good understanding too.

v6XQSVf.gif

Playing Ramsey with Xhaka (even though I'm not a fan) & Wilshere will give us more energy and assurance in the middle of the pitch which is where the game will be won.

Reactions: CJJ

Malky

Established Member
Get ready to watch us get kicked up and down the pitch by Wanyama, before he finally get's his first booking at the 89th minute.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Gutted I won't be able to watch because I am working, might be a good thing tho! Really have a feeling we can win, hope we keep our record at Wembley up.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sky Sports:

Mkhitaryan should also benefit from playing in a team that probes opponents with passing. The Gunners have attempted 16,595 passes in the Premier League this season, of which 10,248 have been in the opposition's half - numbers bettered only by Manchester City. In contrast, United rank bottom for number of passes out of the big-six clubs. :lol:

Superb article

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...eliver-stability-for-Arsène-wenger-at-arsenal

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Hope Kos doesn't **** the bed in another big game.

Our new attack excites me but our defence was still shambolic against Everton. I inwardly feel optimistic but I just can't see our defence tightening up which means I'm calling a loss.

Sp**s will punish us in a way Everton didn't with the chances we handed them.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Christ I hope our midfield don't f*ck about, same with the full backs, Let Auba, Özil, Mhki and I guess Ramsey to do the attacking, it's more than enough, keep that deep midfield and defence tight ffs.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ospina
Wilshere - Xhaka
Özil - Ramsey - Micky
Aubameyang

I don't think this is defensive minded at all. Keep in mind the front four there play very advanced and narrow so the two full backs are going to push up over the half way line very often. Wilshere and Xhaka behind them have both been educated as playmakers too.

I agree with sacrificing Iwobi for Wilshere but Wenger won't do it. I also think that while Ramsey scored a hattrick against Everton, Sp**s are not Everton. They blew away Man Utd and Liverpool in the first 25 minutes at Wembley by playing long, diagonal passes into spaces behind their advanced full backs. For Kane to run onto.

Son, Alli and Eriksen were then exploiting the spaces left by Kane in the middle. They were bypassing midfield almost.

My concern with our set up is we think we're going to pass our way through that Sp**s team and will get butchered on the counter with our two CBs exposed. Xhaka in particular will be pressed very aggressively, and Sp**s will look to pounce on loose passes to get the ball forward quickly.

To bring it back to your post, we absolutely need to start solid and remain compact. Our two wide attackers need to stay wide so our full backs can protect our CBs.

I'd also have Özil in the #10 role and Ramsey in Iwobi's position.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom