• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Ramsey doesn't deserve a better contract than Jack at present. The fact that Jack has produced more good peformances for us this season than Ramsey has managed to do in 4 seasons speaks volumes.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Losing Aaron would be a big blow, can't really understand people wanting out our best all around CM.

He's not even a CM. He's an AM who prefers being ahead of the ball than on it. We need a proper CM as our league position suggests. He's 100% replaceable. Nobody has been given more privileges at this club than him under Wenger.

I really think it will be measured with Jack's contract.
They are both around same level.
Jack will sign for a certain fee first and Ramsey will be offered similar after.
There will be a limit, if he wants over then i think he will be sold. (don't think it'll be anywhere near 200k)

Reading your posts really hurts my brain.
"They are both around same level" - while you constantly say Jack is way better and Ramsey should be sold if he demands money.

"There will be a limit, if he wants over then i think he will be sol" - oh really - like with every player in every club?

Captain obvious...

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Did waiting with Alexis and Özil not give everyone enough of a headache? :lol:
Tbf Wenger is completely right yet.

Ramsey there's no rush as he will either be sold or renew this summer. Jack can walk this summer.

say yes

forum master baiter
Tbf Wenger is completely right yet.

Ramsey there's no rush as he will either be sold or renew this summer. Jack can walk this summer.

You forgot option 3: Ramsey won’t renew, we won’t have the balls to sell him and he’ll stay at the club for the next season with all the uncertainty that brings.

LacaNewSigning

Ramsey is very important to us and is one of our only goal threats outside of aubameyang, laca, mkhi. The guy has all the attributes you want in a cm, he's a nuisance with his late runs, can run 4 days, can tackle, has a decent through ball on him.

My only gripe with Ramsey is his lack of discipline, the guy will abandon the midfield at times to get a goal 4 himself which is annoying at times like against Everton he was great in 1st half then went AWOL in 2nd half I just don't understand what goes through his mind at times. We need to find a way to play him jack & Özil in the same team without affecting our balance as a team

Marmaduke

The fact that Jack has produced more good peformances for us this season than Ramsey has managed to do in 4 seasons speaks volumes.

Simply untrue. Wilshere looks like a breath of fresh air because he plays very differently and we haven't seen him in a while.

As for Ramsey contributions... FA cup games pop into mind right away for starters, but I certainly can't manage to scrounge through 4 years worth of PL games to find when he was marginally better.

And even if the performances were even or worse, the fact is that he has been available more often so that has to be accounted for.

GoonerBoy19

Jack always had more potential but Ramsey has achieved more. One injury free season from Jack could change everybody's perspective. I do rate Ramsey but 200k is ridiculous, with Sven on board we will definitely replace him before things go the Alexis way.

Marmaduke

Jack always had more potential but Ramsey has achieved more. One injury free season from Jack could change everybody's perspective. I do rate Ramsey but 200k is ridiculous, with Sven on board we will definitely replace him before things go the Alexis way.

Agree about 200k but the devil's advocate in me is bursting out:

Losing players always hurts especially if we don't have to. You won't see City or Man U ponder "that wage is 10% too high.. better let him go".

If we lose Ramsey (or any decent player) because we didn't offer enough would it not be similar to how we lost Ashely Cole? Back then you could argue we were legitimately financially strapped, not now though.

What is the point of being the world's 6th richest club anyway if we don't occasionally display financial swagger?

GoonerBoy19

The problem is we are not in CL and we can miss again top4 this year. With Özil, Abumeyang,Mikhi etc.going high on wages we are close to reach the wage cap. We can't afford giving Jack and Ramsey 200k deals. This will also impact bringing new top players as we will be handicapped with wage limits. ManU, City all have dodgy way of paying high wages.

IslingtonBornandbred

It's mystifying to me that for a club who have been so financially cautious with fans singing "spend some ****ing money" not that long ago, there are Arsenal fans who are trying to balance the books themselves and saying we can't afford x amount of wages, we can only afford y amount of wages.

If the club can afford or and want to offer a key contributor x amount of money for a player to stay, we should be happy that player has renewed and that's it. We want our to keep our best players and sign top players. As long as that happens, we should be content. Balancing the books isn't our problem.

Ideal situation. Wilshere and Ramsey are offered contracts that they are happy with and the club is happy with and they both sign. If either party aren't happy then they won't sign. End of story. Anything else is futile.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You forgot option 3: Ramsey won’t renew, we won’t have the balls to sell him and he’ll stay at the club for the next season with all the uncertainty that brings.
I assume we'll learn from previous lessons. Reading that back I see that's hopeful thinking but just let a man hope.

If we take option 3 we either lose him for nothing or sign him on wages that we weren't prepared to offer him in the first place. It would shock me (but also not surprise me) if we let this summer end without resolving his situation.

Longy

Reading your posts really hurts my brain.
"They are both around same level" - while you constantly say Jack is way better and Ramsey should be sold if he demands money.

"There will be a limit, if he wants over then i think he will be sol" - oh really - like with every player in every club?

Captain obvious...

It's really not that hard.

They are at the same level everything considered - fitness, tekkers, time.
Wrap it all up atm and I think they play out fairly level

Jack is levels above Ramsey but still big doubts over his fitness
Ramsey is more reliable, albeit still injury prone, and can still do a job.

Neither of them deserve a big contract for different reasons.

"There will be limit with a small margin" the limit is whatever Jack signs for. Nothing like 200/week.

Work it out yet ?

Longy

It's mystifying to me that for a club who have been so financially cautious with fans singing "spend some ****ing money" not that long ago, there are Arsenal fans who are trying to balance the books themselves and saying we can't afford x amount of wages, we can only afford y amount of wages.

If the club can afford or and want to offer a key contributor x amount of money for a player to stay, we should be happy that player has renewed and that's it. We want our to keep our best players and sign top players. As long as that happens, we should be content. Balancing the books isn't our problem.

Ideal situation. Wilshere and Ramsey are offered contracts that they are happy with and the club is happy with and they both sign. If either party aren't happy then they won't sign. End of story. Anything else is futile.

I think it's more the case at what else is out there for the money said player is asking for.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yall need to catch up with the times. Wages aren’t what they used to be

_80917618_rise_tvincome.jpg

There’s a new deal on the way. £250,000 is not a big wage any more. TV money will have doubled from just 3-4 years ago

samshere

Why so serieuse?
The rumours of him being offered 250k is bs imo. Wenger has gone on record saying that Wilshere's deal is the higher priority one. And there's no way the board would risk pissing him off by offering 250k to Ramsey when he's being offered 80k.

Jojoba

Agree about 200k but the devil's advocate in me is bursting out:

Losing players always hurts especially if we don't have to. You won't see City or Man U ponder "that wage is 10% too high.. better let him go".

If we lose Ramsey (or any decent player) because we didn't offer enough would it not be similar to how we lost Ashely Cole? Back then you could argue we were legitimately financially strapped, not now though.

What is the point of being the world's 6th richest club anyway if we don't occasionally display financial swagger?
To me we have become a very desperate club that players don’t respect. They just take a pisss out of us.
No one in our current team deserves amywhere neat £250,000, not a single player.
Would any of the so called top European clubs entertain paying Özil £320,000 a weeks? Mkhitaryan £240,000 Or £250,000 a week for Ramsey? I don’t think so. We were paying Walcott £120,000 a week for few seasons.
Our wage bill has always been heavy while we underperform for the last 10-12 years. Wasting big wages on average squad players and paying reserve / academy players £30,000 a week etc.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
To me we have become a very desperate club that players don’t respect. They just take a pisss out of us.
No one in our current team deserves amywhere neat £250,000, not a single player.
Would any of the so called top European clubs entertain paying Özil £320,000 a weeks? Mkhitaryan £240,000 Or £250,000 a week for Ramsey? I don’t think so. We were paying Walcott £120,000 a week for few seasons.
Our wage bill has always been heavy while we underperform for the last 10-12 years. Wasting big wages on average squad players and paying reserve / academy players £30,000 a week etc.

It might be misinformation but Balague came out and said the reported Özil figures were wrong and that he was actually on £200,000 p/w and he received some extra as a signing on bonus. I don't know how correct that is, but to be fair wages are often overestimated. Alexis probably isn't actually on £500,000 p/w for example.

Jojoba

It might be misinformation but Balague came out and said the reported Özil figures were wrong and that he was actually on £200,000 p/w and he received some extra as a signing on bonus. I don't know how correct that is, but to be fair wages are often overestimated. Alexis probably isn't actually on £500,000 p/w for example.
I hope the quoted wages are not true / real. I love Arsenal and want the best for everyone connected to the club. But these over the top wages of £300,000, £250,000 a week for our current players are making me uneasy and feel disconnected from our club. I don’t feel that any of our current player deserves to be on £200,000 a week whatsoever. It looks like underachievement is being rewarded. When was the last time we competed for the league title or CL? We have even dropped out of the Top 4 for the first time in like 20 years and looks like we will remain outside the CL places in the league for a while. Then i hear our inconsistent players taking advantage of our desperate situation and are demanding £300,000, £250,000 a week? My goodness. Smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom