• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | North London Derby (Home) | Saturday, 10th of February at 12:30 (GMT) | BT Sport

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I don't think this is defensive minded at all. Keep in mind the front four there play very narrow so the two full backs are going to push up over the half way line very often.

I agree with sacrificing Iwobi for Wilshere but Wenger won't do it. I also think that while Ramsey scored a hattrick against Everton, Sp**s are not Everton. They blew away Man Utd and Liverpool in the first 25 minutes at Wembley by playing long, diagonal passes into spaces behind their advanced full backs. For Kane to run onto.

Son, Alli and Eriksen were then exploiting the spaces left by Kane in the middle. They were bypassing midfield almost.

My concern with our set up is we think we're going to pass our way through that Sp**s team and will get butchered on the counter with our two CBS exposed. To bring it back to your post, a absolutely need to start solid and remain compact. Our two wide attackers need to stay wide so our full backs can protect our CBs.

I'd also have Özil in the #10 role and Ramsey in Iwobi's position.

Me too. I would also consider Elneny for Xhaka but I dont think Wenger will. I think Elneny Wilshere is a better combo

Ospina
Bellerin - Kos - Mustafi - Monreal
Wilshere - Elneny
Mkhi - Özil - Ramsey
Aubameyang

Wryer

I'll disagree on that one.
I don't think neither Wilshere or Ramsey should be dropped. So with that in mind, i don't see how you can make a more defensive formation that include our players that's on a good run. Enlighten me if you have an alternative.
None because we don't have any midfield combination thats defensively secure. My post below yours is what I would prefer to line up. We absolutely need to score goals, because we will definitely concede, a few.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Me too. I would also consider Elneny for Xhaka but I dont think Wenger will. I think Elneny Wilshere is a better combo

Ospina
Bellerin - Kos - Mustafi - Monreal
Wilshere - Elneny
Mkhi - Özil - Ramsey
Aubameyang

I agree with you. Except I'd have Wilshere, El Neny and Ramsey as a flat midfield 3. Ramsey needs to drop back and press. Sp**s couldn't cope with Liverpool in the first 45 minutes at Anfield because Dembele and Dier ceded possession when pressed by Henderson, Wijnaldum and Can. The second half changed when Eriksen dropped a little deeper and started picking up the ball to link their midfield with their attack.

We have enough of a goal threat from Mkhi, Özil and Auba I feel.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I agree with you. Except I'd have Wilshere, El Neny and Ramsey as a flat midfield 3. Ramsey needs to drop back and press. Sp**s couldn't cope with Liverpool in the first 45 minutes at Anfield because Dembele and Dier ceded possession when pressed by Henderson, Wijnaldum and Can. The second half changed when Eriksen dropped a little deeper and started picking up the ball to link their midfield with their attack.

We have enough of a goal threat from Mkhi, Özil and Auba I feel.

Yeah I guess that would be more defensive and we are away from home. I'm really looking forward to this one, could have a big effect on our top 4 chances, especially if Chelsea continue to dissolve.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I am excited but nervous as this game edges closer, ill be up for it tho as always and I am sure Mkhi & Auba will want to prove themselves here, I believe in us to get the result here, the boys know that a win will give us bragging rights along with proving London IS RED!

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I dont feel anything. Might even miss the game because my wifes friend is naming her stupid baby. I dont care at all.
There are baby-naming events? What? I mean... I've heard of baby showers, but events where you're just naming the baby...?

There are baby-naming events? What? I mean... I've heard of baby showers, but events where you're just naming the baby...?

We are in luthers church but my wife church dont have baptism of childrens. They just name the babies. The baptism comes later when they are old enough to decide for themselves. So yeah just a small nice gathering and the baby get a name like Þórólfur or Skarphéðinn or something.

al-Ustaadh

Will be slaughtered for this, but I wouldn't mind seeing what a 3-4-3 with our newly acquired players could do out there.

--------------Aubameyang--------
---------Mkhitaryan-----Özil----------
Kolasinac---Xhaka---Ramsey---Bellerin
------Monreal---Mustafi----Koscielny-----
--------------------Cech-------------------------

al-Ustaadh

We are in luthers church but my wife church dont have baptism of childrens. They just name the babies. The baptism comes later when they are old enough to decide for themselves. So yeah just a small nice gathering and the baby get a name like Þórólfur or Skarphéðinn or something.
And what country is this again?

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Hope Kos doesn't **** the bed in another big game.

Our new attack excites me but our defence was still shambolic against Everton. I inwardly feel optimistic but I just can't see our defence tightening up which means I'm calling a loss.

Sp**s will punish us in a way Everton didn't with the chances we handed them.

First two paragraphs sum up your, my and probably many Arsenal fans thoughts.

Clear reasons to be confident but also same old reasons not to be.

We need to get at them and stop them from dictating the game. The individual players they have aren't great and we need to keep the ball away from Kane and Eriksen primarily. Be in their faces, be aggressive... and get the ball to Özil and Mkhi deep in their half as often and as quickly as possible.

COYG

Ewarwoowar

And what country is this again?
200w.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom