• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2017/18: We(nger) Go Again

Where do you think Arsenal will finish this season?

• Total voters

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Success and failure are relative. If we were fans of Newcastle or Leeds we'd be crowing over our three FA Cup wins in four years.

For Man City to fail to win a trophy given what they spent on the team and their recent record is a failure, interested to know how it can be dressed up as a success.

Bayern were winning leagues before Pep and after Pep so to win the German league for them is business as usual ie the least expected. For Bayern these days success means winning the CL. Pep didn't but perhaps you think their getting to the semi-finals is a huge success???
Agree. Pep is a checkbook manager.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Success and failure are relative. If we were fans of Newcastle or Leeds we'd be crowing over our three FA Cup wins in four years.

For Man City to fail to win a trophy given what they spent on the team and their recent record is a failure, interested to know how it can be dressed up as a success.

Bayern were winning leagues before Pep and after Pep so to win the German league for them is business as usual ie the least expected. For Bayern these days success means winning the CL. Pep didn't but perhaps you think their getting to the semi-finals is a huge success???
Getting semi-finals with Bayern is much closer to success than to a failure of course, or do you think they should play in finals every year? For example Arsenal not being in quarter-finals for 5+ years is a failure.
Last season Pep was a fraud because he won nothing, this season he has been ****ting on the mighty competitive Premier League but he's still a fraud because he is doing it with City, but not with Stoke. It's never good enough for some people no matter what he does.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Getting semi-finals with Bayern is much closer to success than to a failure of course, or do you think they should play in finals every year? For example Arsenal not being in quarter-finals for 5+ years is a failure.
Last season Pep was a fraud because he won nothing, this season he has been ****ting on the mighty competitive Premier League but he's still a fraud because he is doing it with City, but not with Stoke. It's never good enough for some people no matter what he does.
Stoke? No, but if he did it with Sp**s our even Everton, that would prove something

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
You are using the word fraud, not me. Are you Mrs Guardiola?

Not going to repeat myself but yeah semi-finals is where Bayern expect to be minimum so getting there (and on one occasion getting thrashed 5-0 whilst Pep was there) is not enough. Many Arsenal fans consider the seasons when we "only" win the FA Cup to be failures. Citeh fans, rightly, have higher expectations than ours.

Success and failure are relative. Pep failed last season. He may succeed this one.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Pep is ****ting on the premiership with the best team in the league like Arsenal never quite managed to **** on the premiership with the best team in the league. To be honest.
Didn't you know that the Invincibles were a failure because they didn't reach even one CL final?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Last i checked pep was a football manager, not a magician. If the criteria of a top manager is how he wins the league with stoke or Everton, i guess no single coach out there stands a chance.
And Harry Redknapp would be up there with the greatest of this era. Interesting criteria. Needless to say, Ranieri would just be the greatest that that ever lived.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
So I see we ended up at Guardiola again :lol:

I have to do one's bit as well of course and gotta say he obviously is without equal when it comes to perfecting an already worldclass set of players.

But if he'd succeed more than anyone else with a mediocre side can be really put into question - I think most of you know about the way he sets up his players on the field as it's been closely described by Henry as well.

Thing is, he mostly gives players a very specific area on the field that they shall not pass with little expection, however, if you don't have players with such ability as he's had in any team he coached so far, I think his system is very likely to come crashing down on the highest level.

He needs worldclass players to realize his perception of football.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Different kinds of managers is all, so your perception of the best manager depends on what you like.

Do you like someone who turns a bunch of misfits into a title winning team? If so you're always going to rate the hipster managers. Do you prefer someone who outright wins trophies on a regular basis? If so then they've all been called chequebook managers at some point.:lol:

At the end of the day you need a very talented (and thus expensive) bunch of players to win stuff on a regular basis but you'd be a fool to think that regular you could walk into the Etihad and do anything close to what Pep is doing.

The best scientists in the world are using equipment worth about £6bn to try and find out how the world works. Are you going to question their results because they didn't discover the higgs boson in a class room with a bunsen burner and some cellotape?

Last edited:

Malky

Established Member

So, so poor. Has our away record ever been this bad?
Even more worrying is the way we lost some of those games.
Yet there's people that will still try and convince others that Wengers still the best man for the job here. :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

So, so poor. Has our away record ever been this bad?
So many captains. So many leaders...

Well ok, Arsène, if that's true, then YOU are the ****ing problem. So kindly have the balls to acknowledge that, and get the **** out.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
3 PL away wins all season, I've said this before but it's beyond shocking. Averaging less than a point away is not acceptable. Worst things is we're joint 2nd in the table on home form, 5 ahead of Liverpool and 6 ahead of Chelsea (teams you'd class as top 4 rivals), so the quality is there.

League is gone now, in terms of CL places and finishing above Sp**s. It would require us to be basically faultless in our remaining 11 game, which given our form this season is impossible but compounded even more due to having games against City and United who we suffer against even at the best of time.

I still think the season is salvageable, though. Obviously it's highly unlikely, but a League Cup and EL double would probably represent arguably our best season since 2003/04. Wenger needs to see this and start preparing to team to be set-up win one-off games rather than try and find any consistent form/play style in the league. It's on a knife edge basically, either it's the best season in 14 years or the worst in 23 years.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Its shocking really 27 points off city in feb this will be our lowest points total under Wenger

Latest posts+

Top Bottom