• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Invincible memories

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It was the xenophobia I mentioned in another post and got pooh-poohed. There had never been a successful non-British coach in this country before, it was resented and the dislike of Wenger in some circles has never gone away.
I think it was mostly because Wenger was French and the press pushed their banter to where it borders xenophobia and sometimes beyond. Remember, these journos were/are also fans of other teams most of the time, and very few of them are impartial enough to give an honest account. It's a nasty combination.

baccy_man

Established Member
Unbelievable team back then we had a team that played brilliant football that was fast passing and getting up the pitch quickly they were a pleasure to watch and then we had the Young guns as well,
The youngsters that we had then were some of the best young players around at the time,
How i long to see us playing like that again,
I remember where i was at the end of that season i was on holiday in Majorca and people were saying that we had a great season.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
It was the xenophobia I mentioned in another post and got pooh-poohed. There had never been a successful non-British coach in this country before, it was resented and the dislike of Wenger in some circles has never gone away.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
"Here comes Arsenal's sprint relay squad again". This was one of my all time favourite commentary. Still get goosebumps thinking about it. Poor Leeds, never thought they will go down so badly, they used to have some good players.
I remember that game :drool:

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Its true. But from what I'm hearing so far, it looks like nobody's listening to Pep either.
Could've fooled me. Seems like to me he's received far more attention over this issue, and sympathy in mainstream media, than Wenger or Fabregas ever did.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Could've fooled me. Seems like to me he's received far more attention over this issue, and sympathy in mainstream media, than Wenger or Fabregas ever did.
Times have changed and, yes, I've heard a bit more about it now than I did back then. Maybe we made that possible with out high profile leg breaks? Sad, but probably true. Ultimately, though, it will come down to if their players receive more protection on the pitch than ours did. So far, I don't see any difference.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We were called every name under the sun and often punished for daring to raise the issue.

Ramsey is still abused at Stoke for the crime of having had his leg broken there. Not a peep from the FA.
I don't what you expect the FA to do about Stoke fans booing Ramsey. Our own fans were booing him not long ago ffs :lol:

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

I was at a beach bar in Goa about 2am watching that Chelsea CL game, absolutely gutted, I was also convinced CL was going to be ours that year. Agreed, the Inter game was an incredible result, I was in India for that too so had to stay up late but so worth it. What a team we had, the back bone was as tough as you get and the attack as potent as you can get, no surprise we won things and should have added the CL at some point in those years.

The CL should have been ours that year. We lost to that poor Chelsea side who then went on to lose to a poor Monaco side. Monaco then lost to Porto and Mourinho. We would have beaten Monaco and Porto and who knows how Mourinho's career would have turned out.....

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The CL should have been ours that year. We lost to that poor Chelsea side who then went on to lose to a poor Monaco side. Monaco then lost to Porto and Mourinho. We would have beaten Monaco and Porto and who knows how Mourinho's career would have turned out.....
That is a very sore point.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I remember when my cousin got me to pick my team and it was all the Henry videos he showed me that made me pick Arsenal (it was around the Invincibles era) - my cousin is actually a member of this forum too (I can't remember what his username is though lol) I absolutelty fell in love with the team and I remember I was going to pick Man. U as my team until my cousin steared me and said he would never talk to me again if I did LOL - glad he did that. I love Arsenal and it's a huge part of my life!

I know this isn't really an Invincible memory but it just brings back those memories because it was around that time I chose Arsenal as my team. I will always love Arsenal - one of my greatest moments was visiting the Emirates stadium (I live in Canada) - did the tour with my ex GF and I told her to not rush me - took around 4 hours to just take it all in. To this day it is one of the best days of my lives.

Thanks for making this thread and bringing me back!

:)

Zaza

I was 10/11 at that time. Funny enough, I remember my uncle coming on this site. We'd spend time reading the comments and it was hilarious!! He'd get pissed at how much Kanu was getting criticized.
Losing to Chelsea was the most painful thing ever. I cried and didn't want to go to school the next day. Got ripped to shreds by Chelski and spuds fans.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

To me, no game sums up the fortitude, guile and all-around class of that time as our victory at Anfield.

1 nil down inside the first 20 minutes to a Harry Kewell goal, I knew we would leave with all 3 points because none of the players would lie down.

Edu knocking in the header to get us to parity before halftime & then Edu again setting up Pires phenomenal strike that left Dudek stranded.

To quote Martin Tyler: "It was in from the moment he hit it!". After that, we never looked back.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Probably won't take off but I'm just curious what you guys remember about watching the Invincibles. How they made you feel etc?

For me I got into football at about 9/10 so 03/04 was one of my first few seasons supporting the club.

I feel regret myself for not appreciating how much of an achievement it was and how good that team was. Dominating the opposition was all I'd ever known at that point.

My favourite memories of that season were van Nistelrooy missing the penalty in the last minute at OT, him winning the penalty had absolutely crushed me moments before.

Then secondly was Henry humiliating Carragher, think we'd just lost to Chelsea and Utd in the cups so bouncing back like that against Pool was quality stuff.

Hated horse head but it was forlan that won them the penalty that day bro. Loved the emotional response our players showed at the end as it showed it meant a lot to them. Ruud was public enemy number one with us around that time with all the antics he'd been pulling.

Henry against Liverpool. Easter Monday if my memory serves me right. Went into the break trailing so it was a big response.

Pires winning the penalty against Portsmouth :lol:

Two super team goals at Sp**s the day we clinched title. The dodgy penalty they got that day to make it 2-2 :mad:

The demolition of Leeds at Highbury on a lovely warm spring night

Van Der sar putting in ridiculous performance for Fulham to hold us to a draw

Martin Tyler commentary for goal against Boro “its Reyeeeees. Stand up for the champions"

I guess we took it for granted back then but what a time to be alive.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom