• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Napoli manager, I think Sarri? He seems pretty good.

Allegri is good, Jardim deserves a nod for what he did at Monaco, Emery seems good too, also the young hoffenheim manager is apparently brilliant too.

I have no idea who this Favre guy is but @BobP makes him seem like a genius so wouldn't mind him either.

Would ideally prefer someone young but beggars can't be choosers. Same reason why it would be strange to turn down Ancelotti despite some of the issues we've seen from him.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

What would be the problem with Luis Enrique?
He has been an utter failure at every role apart from Barcelona. I'd argue a donkey could coach that front three to success and I also felt like at times Barca played some uninspiring football in comparison to some of their sides of the recent past (Pep, Tito).

IslingtonBornandbred

You know what's crazy about all this manager chat....Unless the candidate is an absolute standout like Pep was when he left Barca, you never know what's going to happen. As a poster and a fan, your favourite candidate could be an absolute disaster and someone who you are mad that they appointed could turn out to be a legend. Sometimes it doesn't make sense but it just works out that way. Conte didn't have a great time before Juve but ended up being great for them. Villas Boas was viewed as a great choice by Chelsea and ended up being sacked shortly after.

But if I could have my way and excluding anyone currently managing another top club in England i.e Pep, I'd go for Simeone.

LacaNewSigning

I don't know if simeone is a good fit for us he's a bit 2 defensive and doesn't really emphasize attacking play from his team. I'd rather allegri or jardim they are very good at balancing attacking play whilst still being strong defensively.

The board messed up big time by offering Wenger a new contract after the 2nd Fa cup success, there was a plethora of managers available at the time who may of guaranteed success now we're going to have to take a gamble on our next appointment on whether it works out or not.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Ancelotti lives in London when he's not managing a team, no base for any conspriacy theory there

RoadrunnerReloaded

I'd take almost anyone at this point. Just not Low or Howe please.

Simeone or Sampaoli, Sarri or Nagelsmann, Emery, Jardim, Ancelloti, really almost anyone. I'd even take Emma Hayes at this point.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I don't know if simeone is a good fit for us he's a bit 2 defensive and doesn't really emphasize attacking play from his team. I'd rather allegri or jardim they are very good at balancing attacking play whilst still being strong defensively.

The board messed up big time by offering Wenger a new contract after the 2nd Fa cup success, there was a plethora of managers available at the time who may of guaranteed success now we're going to have to take a gamble on our next appointment on whether it works out or not.

I'd take Jardim, Allegri or Simeone. I wouldn't differentiate between any of them. Style of play is important, but I'd prioritise longevity in the next manager; someone who can stamp their authority and mould the team to their image for at least 5 years.

Allegri I think is ideal and the best tactician, my worry with him though is that he wouldn't stay here very long. Jardim I think is very good at developing youth and he could stay for a good 5 years, though I reckon he'd end up at Real/Barca eventually. But Simeone could very well stay for a long while. What's to say his style doesn't suit us? We played a different style before Wenger arrived, there's nothing to say we can't alter it again. Simeone's style could be class in the PL.

We need someone with a strong personality. I think the lesson of Moyes is that it doesn't work if the successor is too much of a disciple of the predecessor and not enough of his own man.

scytheavatar

Established Member
He has been an utter failure at every role apart from Barcelona. I'd argue a donkey could coach that front three to success and I also felt like at times Barca played some uninspiring football in comparison to some of their sides of the recent past (Pep, Tito).

A donkey could have that front 3 but he also needs to deal with a midfield and defense that is a pale shadow of what Barca had in the Guardiola days....... give me prime Xavi over Neymar and Suarez anytime.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

A donkey could have that front 3 but he also needs to deal with a midfield and defense that is a pale shadow of what Barca had in the Guardiola days....... give me prime Xavi over Neymar and Suarez anytime.
Agreed but let us not pretend that he didn't have quality options in those positions.... With that squad, you should be winning everything. The matter still stands, they played uninspiring football and conceded way too many goals whilst at times the tactics were just completely wrong in certain big games.

A manager should be pushing his players on and developing them based on their strengths/weaknesses, a Spanish league example would be Simeone who continues to improve players under his watch where as I don't think you could say the same about Luis Enrique.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

We need a change desperately, i have a feeling we are putting all our eggs in the EL basket. If we don't win it he needs to walk!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom