• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He's going to want to get paid well but how can anyone expect us to offer him £150k+ when he's so frequently injured?

IslingtonBornandbred

Cheers mate, rather annoying if he wasn't 100% why did we rush him back last week.

If you look at his minutes, he missed six games in a row due to his hamstring injury, he then played 16 mins as a sub against Bournemouth, then missed the Palace game, came on as a sub against Chelsea in the League Cup for five or so minutes, and then started against Swansea for 90 minutes, followed by last weeks game against Everton when he was due to be substituted even before his third goal which means he picked up an injury earlier on or they were trying to manage his minutes.

To me anyway, based on my sport science knowledge, after three weeks out with a hamstring injury, 16 mins as a sub, then 5 mins as sub, and then a full 90 minutes isn't quite the correct "return to play" protocol, but sometimes needs must and Wenger wanted to get him back into the team because he's important to him and the sport science team probably gave the go ahead even though it would have been more of an injury risk. Nobody's fault really imo but it's certainly not Ramsey's fault.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How do you justify a big contract for Ramsey when he is injured for at least half a season. The joke is, he has only been playing once a week.

LacaNewSigning

If you look at his minutes, he missed six games in a row due to his hamstring injury, he then played 16 mins as a sub against Bournemouth, then missed the Palace game, came on as a sub against Chelsea in the League Cup for five or so minutes, and then started against Swansea for 90 minutes, followed by last weeks game against Everton when he was due to be substituted even before his third goal which means he picked up an injury earlier on or they were trying to manage his minutes.

To me anyway, based on my sport science knowledge, after three weeks out with a hamstring injury, 16 mins as a sub, then 5 mins as sub, and then a full 90 minutes isn't quite the correct "return to play" protocol, but sometimes needs must and Wenger wanted to get him back into the team because he's important to him and the sport science team probably gave the go ahead even though it would have been more of an injury risk. Nobody's fault really imo but it's certainly not Ramsey's fault.
That may be the case but what's the point in a squad if you can't trust them. I think AMN could easily slot in our midfield, he is competent defensively and attacking wise plus he's done alright as wb/fb so it's a bit unfair on him personally

c00lguy

His absence negatively affected the balance of the whole team.
I'm thinking his injury came so late on that we didn't have time to adjust tactically.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Most people on this forum can only see what's literally right in front of them. Player X has one good performance = all future losses without said player is due to said player not playing.

If you think we were as impotent as we were today because we missed Ramsey you really need to start watching more football matches.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Most people on this forum can only see what's literally right in front of them. Player X has one good performance = all future losses without said player is due to said player not playing.

If you think we were as impotent as we were today because we missed Ramsey you really need to start watching more football matches.

Spot on.

No idea where this bollocks has come from that Ramsey is oh so important. He's a Giroud/Walcott level player and we wouldn't miss a beat if we sold him tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom