• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Feel like you had an Iwobi awakening a year later than everyone else! He's a quality prospect tbf.

You've basically seen what he's capable of when not relied on as a primary creator or goalscorer. Quite hard to nail down a place at a top club like that though, as a forward it's almost impossible.

Yup , look at the games he played when Santi was there . Some of the combo play with Alex , Santi and Özil around the box , just check out the 2nd goal v Chelsea last season at the Emirates . Although I think he is even more well rounded these days , he couldn't defend like he can these days , actually quite accomplished .

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Fekir on the right wing? Please not.
We don't play with true wingers, as much as I would like that on occasion (which is also why I'd prefer Bailey over Fekir, but if we keep with pushing the wingers inwards and turning them into #10s, while relying on the wing backs for width, then why not Fekir?).

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He just might vindicate Lacazette. Poor finishing aside.

I wish he could have been on the end of the chances Lacazette had but what does it say that he had no chances but Lacazette did?
Nothing, just shows how poor this team is at creating chances.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

I wish he could have been on the end of the chances Lacazette had but what does it say that he had no chances but Lacazette did? Nothing, just shows how poor this team is at creating chances.
He had same problems Lacazzete had away from home but people refusing to believe that it will be only matter of time before it affects him too

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

I wish he could have been on the end of the chances Lacazette had but what does it say that he had no chances but Lacazette did? Nothing, just shows how poor this team is at creating chances.
He had a chance. The linesman decided to take it from him. Mkhi with 2 uncharacteristically poor balls should have found him in the box twice. The ball was played over the top to him 3 times and that resulted in a corner, a foul leading to a free kick and another phantom offside where he could have gotten in. It could also be argued that the only reason Laca had the opportunity to fluff 2 chances is because Tottenham was more worried about Auba.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Both offside decision against him looked wrong imo,.
They were, absolute piss take.

The second he would have had to deal with Verton but the first one he was clean through on goal and I had no doubt he was going to score.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
They were, absolute piss take.

The second he would have had to deal with Verton but the first one he was clean through on goal and I had no doubt he was going to score.

Wonder if this is going to be a thing, where his pace will be working against him in that regard more often than not.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Saw today what will happen quite often. He either scores or becomes completely invisible. He offers close to nothing when he's not through on goal. Whether that's okay or not is obviously subjective. Personally, I really like him as a player, but I fully expect the same "Walcott never did anything!" people to turn on him sooner rather than later. He's the same type of player, just better.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The offside decision are joke specially the first one it was great pass from jack abr the run was perfect

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Saw today what will happen quite often. He either scores or becomes completely invisible. He offers close to nothing when he's not through on goal. Whether that's okay or not is obviously subjective. Personally, I really like him as a player, but I fully expect the same "Walcott never did anything!" people to turn on him sooner rather than later. He's the same type of player, just better.
Better to have that kind of player as your Central striker than as your right winger though but you’re right.

I knew this about him so I won’t expect much. Kind of the worst striker to put in a team who can’t consistently create.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Better to have that kind of player as your Central striker than as your right winger though but you’re right.

I knew this about him so I won’t expect much. Kind of the worst striker to put in a team who can’t consistently create.

100%. I kept saying in the PEA thread before you brought him in that playing him on the wing would be awful, and the people suggesting so clearly never watched him. The guy lives and dies on the back of the opposition's defense. He's class at it, but it's also all he's got in his locker.

The Walcott comparisons got laughed off (especially by the Walcott haters), but they're simply so similar in the way they play that the comparison made a lot of sense. Take Walcott's strengths, emphasize them even more, but keep all the same flaws, and you have Auba. As someone who's always liked Walcott (and overrated him in the past), liking Auba was fairly easy. But I couldn't help but wonder why the people who absolutely hated Walcott's style of play were desperate to bring in Auba. I can only assume their research started and ended by looking at his goal record.

I have no doubts Auba will score 15-20 goals next season, but he's going to piss off a lot of the forum in the process.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
100%. I kept saying in the PEA thread before you brought him in that playing him on the wing would be awful, and the people suggesting so clearly never watched him. The guy lives and dies on the back of the opposition's defense. He's class at it, but it's also all he's got in his locker.

The Walcott comparisons got laughed off (especially by the Walcott haters), but they're simply so similar in the way they play that the comparison made a lot of sense. Take Walcott's strengths, emphasize them even more, but keep all the same flaws, and you have Auba. As someone who's always liked Walcott (and overrated him in the past), liking Auba was fairly easy. But I couldn't help but wonder why the people who absolutely hated Walcott's style of play were desperate to bring in Auba. I can only assume their research started and ended by looking at his goal record.

I have no doubts Auba will score 15-20 goals next season, but he's going to piss off a lot of the forum in the process.
Great post. He’s an excellent striker, but due to his goals, some people seem to think he should be capable of a Messi-lite false 9 display and could thus shunt over to the wing and perform there. Wenger isn’t clueless - he knows Auba and Laca are both limited and thus they won’t see much time together (which is fine, great teams have lots of striking options).

At the end of the day, there were several bigger clubs looking for strikers this summer and neither of these guys got a call. They’re definitely useful pieces but won’t be dragging us above our station a la Suarez at Pool, etc.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

15-20 is harsh I think unless you’re taking our poor chance creation into account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom