• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | North London Derby (Home) | Saturday, 10th of February at 12:30 (GMT) | BT Sport

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

skummm

Just back from Wembley guys.

Did not watch the whole match as working but thought the first half was really scrappy and pretty even but in the second half we were second best by miles.

I counted only one clear shot from us on target while Tottenham had 7.

Cech made a string of great saves and kept the score respectable.

Everything seemed compressed in the middle of the park and surprise surprise no width to stretch the play.

Hardly any good through balls either to set our runners free.

We could have grabbed a lucky draw at the death if Laca's volley had been on target.

A poor performance all around for me.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
image.jpg

As I said, if Lacazette squares it across to PEA at this point. That's 1-1.

There's no way Trippier would have got there before Auba if he squares it across goal.

Come on, that's too much to ask for. He did the right thing.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Come on, that's too much too ask for. He did the right thing.

Agreed, asking a striker on low confidence and now down the pecking order to square the ball when he has a great chance on goal makes little sense.

The only thing you can criticize Laca for there was the finish. Every striker in the world would go for goal there. I'd honestly be more worried if he did pass it.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
image.jpg

There's no way Trippier would have got there before Auba if he squares it across goal.

Im actually looking for some footage of this moment. It looks so clear to me from that still, and represents a big big decision made incorrectly.

Can someone assist?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
image.jpg

Let’s clear up this mystery. He doesn’t look to his left once. All happens in the blink of an eye. Eyes on the good chance in front of him. Like you would expect from any striker in the world.

People would be (rightly) asking if his bottle was completely gone if he squared that.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I actually missed most of the game because of a family member having health problems. Forget the game, go hug and remind people you appreciate that you do appreciate them.

No. I hate everyone. I refuse to do this. I will meet you halfway and have a single malt whisky though.

RoadrunnerReloaded

Overall just an embarassment. Only Wilshere had a good game. Sick of seeing Cech's mental mistakes with the ball at his feet a like a teenager, don't know what happened to Kos but he is responsible for that goal and looks past it, attackers couldn't string two passes together. Poor finishing. Poor mentality from Arsène. This one is yet again on him for not having this team mentally or physically prepared for the NLD.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

HA8IMHp.jpg

Going for the side foot finish was a strange decision on that last chance for Lacazette, in fact his body position looks a bit off as he's about to pull the trigger. Not sure the square ball to PEA was on as Trippier was pretty close, think AL should have just put his laces through it. Lloris came at an odd angle so there's plenty of net to aim at.
Very strange decision to sidefoot and funny enough he would have got a lot more slack for just smashing it at the keeper rather than trying to get something on target. Even a toe poke would have left him looking better.

I remember a few weeks ago he was trying to chip keepers, confidence must be shattered. He's at that 'please just get it on target' stage. Starting to affect his finishing in front of goal.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Everything is happening too quick for him to spot Auba, he only has eyes for goal as he should. Not as easy finish as I originally thought, but still should bury it..
I watch it and I just don't see an easy chance there, if he dinks the keeper I'm applauding the finish. If he goes through the keeper's legs I'm again applauding his creativity. If he goes outside of the foot and curls it towards the far post that's even more impressive than the previous two combined.

I just don't see how he scores this without receiving praise for a top class finish. That's why I don't think it was a 'high percentage' chance.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I watch it and I just don't see an easy chance there, if he dinks the keeper I'm applauding the finish. If he goes through the keeper's legs I'm again applauding his creativity.

I just don't see how he scores this without receiving praise for a top class finish. That's why I don't think it was a 'high percentage' chance.

nah, Lloris comes out at a weird angle giving Lacazette the opportunity to chip, go between the legs or the far corner where Lloris basically invited him to score in. It's not the easiest chance in the world, but one you'd expect him to score.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

There is no regardless. The only way of measuring how good a team is, is to count the trophies they've won. This Sp**s team has (still) won nothing. And I have the feeling that's all they'll win. Good as they look at times they are completely carried by Kane. Lose him and they lose 10/20 points a year,
Have a look at the league table. We are 6th five points behind Chelsea that have one game in hand. Unless they go in free fall we are going to struggle to make top five.

Plus what use are trophies now? They will not give us any extra points this or any other season.

Yes, Tottenham are are s**t club, but they are still sitting seven points ahead of us and just bossed us mightily. Make this all the worse and not better!

Last edited:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

nah, Lloris comes out at a weird angle giving Lacazette the opportunity to chip, go between the legs or the far corner where Lloris basically invited him to score in. It's not the easiest chance in the world, but one you'd expect him to score.
I think I see it now, low and hard just to the right of Loris and I don't think he get's down quickly enough. What Laca did was aim for far corner with the inside of his foot. The curl then took it wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom