• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | North London Derby (Home) | Saturday, 10th of February at 12:30 (GMT) | BT Sport

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

I watch it and I just don't see an easy chance there, if he dinks the keeper I'm applauding the finish. If he goes through the keeper's legs I'm again applauding his creativity. If he goes outside of the foot and curls it towards the far post that's even more impressive than the previous two combined.

I just don't see how he scores this without receiving praise for a top class finish. That's why I don't think it was a 'high percentage' chance.
You are right, and the stats back it up. If you look at the graph it's probably about 0.25XG, which is decent, but it's only scored 1 in 4 times so far from a sitter.

Couldn't watch the game, but the graph tells the story of the game, got completely dominated. Got three shots on target from outside box in 90 minutes and then two decent chances in extra time. Total poverty, we're lucky it ended up only 1-0.

DVrmHuVWsAAuSM6.jpg

He'd have made an impact--mostly positive to a side like ours. We'd have been better off with a player like him than a player like Xhaka. A Wanyama type is what we should have been after. Another failure to identify the type of player we needed by Wenger.

I'm sure Wanyama would be better than Xhaka. But the former foul players to much, I never get feeling that Arsenal is allowed to fool as much as other teams. I remember stat showing we were the team who get most yellow for least fouls.

Just saw the highlights.

There is some potential for counter-attack football with us next season. Man Auba is quick! We need to be better structured and focus more on defensive side of things.

Feel sorry for Lacazette. These are not easy chances but if he score those who knows what might follow. You can easily tell he just wanna score goals and prove him self. Nice lad but I think he should start enjoying him self more. Want to see him smile next time I see him on the screen!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Couldn't agree more. He's way too slow and weak for the Premier League.
Alonso was very slow. Heck Gareth Barry is slower. Two players similar in build and stature to Xhaka. Both have had more than decent careers in the EPl.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
so was the 5-1 against Everton the blip, or this loss to Sp**s?

or is it just that the gulf between top 6 and the rest is now ridiculous?

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

But we does Wenger thing Xhaka is box-tobox midfielder? That is the big question. Xhaka offers zero in the final third.
I'm not sure Xhaka offers anything in either third currently.

But that isn't his fault we regularly bring the wrong tools for the job.

MkhiMagic

so was the 5-1 against Everton the blip, or this loss to Sp**s?

or is it just that the gulf between top 6 and the rest is now ridiculous?
This, especially when you're tasked with playing one of the top 6 on their ground. Even mighty City fell to Liverpool. You just have to consistently beat the lesser teams (which Arsenal hasn't done) and hope you break even against direct rivals. United only have 7 out of 18 points against the top 6 but are sitting comfortably in 2nd.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Alonso was very slow. Heck Gareth Barry is slower. Two players similar in build and stature to Xhaka. Both have had more than decent careers in the EPl.

And both would have been woefully exposed for it in this Arsenal team. We attack with numbers and our full backs play like wingers, meaning mobility is essential for our defensive players.

Poldma

You can't blame Laca or Auba for the loss... Our midfield is piss poor and got destroyed by Dier, Dembele and later Wanyama. Kane missed better chances than Lacazette, but he had 4-5 great opportunities to score, compared to Laca's 1. Sp**s dominated the game from the first moment and we should have lost by 3

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

And both would have been woefully exposed for it in this Arsenal team. We attack with numbers and our full backs play like wingers, meaning mobility is essential for our defensive players.
In directly that's my point. Those boys had more than decent careers. The fault isn't Xhakas it's Wengers inability to build a balanced squad. Goes right back to when he had Fabregas and surrounded him by incompetent players that were uncapable of doing the work Fabregas couldn't.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
But we does Wenger thing Xhaka is box-tobox midfielder? That is the big question. Xhaka offers zero in the final third.
If I remember well at BMG xhaka stayed deep he rarely join the attack I have no idea why Wenger use him higher of the pitch he don't have the speed or the ability to hold the ball to play there

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If I remember well at BMG xhaka stayed deep he rarely join the attack I have no idea why Wenger use him higher of the pitch he don't have the speed or the ability to hold the ball to play there
Wenger's using him further forward because he's trying to justify playing him. He can't justify playing him deep any longer because he's proven a waste of space from deep. This is desperate stuff from Wenger. A blind man can see Xhaka doesn't have the skill, agility or vision to play a high tempo game. Wenger can't, which is more proof that he has no business managing Arsenal.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Never got to watch the game live, watched the replay....biggest difference was the physicality... When Sp**s tackled or pressed they did it with intent, we were weak in the tackle.

Need a physical presence in the middle of the park.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wenger's using him further forward because he's trying to justify playing him. He can't justify playing him deep any longer because he's proven a waste of space from deep. This is desperate stuff from Wenger. A blind man can see Xhaka doesn't have the skill, agility or vision to play a high tempo game. Wenger can't, which is more proof that he has no business managing Arsenal.
It hurting us and xhaka too at least play him in deep role or just don't play him in position hr not used to.

Its like using Özil on wings just waste of time

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It hurting us and xhaka too at least play him in deep role or just don't play him in position hr not used to.

Its like using Özil on wings just waste of time
I agree. If we are going to use him at all, at least let it be where he himself feels most comfortable, for whatever good that is. Trying to make him something everyone knows he isn't, is embarrassing.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
They didn't out play us in the last game. It was a fairly emphatic win for us.

The first half in this game was pretty even as well.

Overall, taking the two games against Sp**s I'd be pretty happy with that. There's a lot more to be worried about, like loses to Bournmouth and Swansea etc.

Yeah we were good until conceding then kind of threw caution to the wind to try equalize and thats what made us so open. This loss wouldn't feel so bad if our away record wasn't so abysmal this season.

Still we've lost way too many games and this is the 3rd season in a row with this kind of dysfunction so it doesn't look to be changing anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom