• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Butland

Impact

Established Member
Think the press are scouring this forum for our wishlist suggestions knowing that will get their articles hits.

Having said that, Butland would be brilliant.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Butland or Kasper would be top signings. Joe Hart makes too many mistakes.

I'm not sure I believe this stuff though, Cech came here to start no? Wenger will not only have to drop him, but probably sell. Ospina will go as it is.

Seems like too much change.

Impact

Established Member
Maybe Szcz will get sold and we'll use that money, plus the Ospina money, to fund a new GK.

That's my hope.

Čech has a contract with at least two years to run still. If he doesn't like being second choice, I'd still keep him. Should raise the standards of him and his replacement.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Maybe Szcz will get sold and we'll use that money, plus the Ospina money, to fund a new GK.

Ospina is gone. Szcz will get all the love from Roma to stay there. But even if both leave us, I am perfectly fine with Cech and Martinez
Got a feeling we'll improve on LB position and attack (with Özil and Alexis probably gone).

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Yeah, having Cech and a GK competing for no.1 should be no issue at all. Cech is pretty good at basics still and a proper competitor with prospects of taking his place might give him the kick he needs.

I'll maintain we go for Alban Lafont or another highly rated youngster-maybe Butland- and sellSzcz and Martinez. Keep Cech and Ospina for one more season.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Don't believe any of these rumors but Butland would be a good signing and there's always a bit of pride having the England No 1 which he will be in the very near future

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
For what it's worth, the Sun claims Arsenal will rival Liverpool for Butland this summer.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5548464/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-stoke-arsenal-jack-butland/

Screen_Shot_2018-02-10_at_10.53.04_PM.png

Tom349

Those numbers don't look very promising...

Well there pretty irrelevant numbers given there is no context to them. Not saying Butland is the answer to GK problem but those stats certainly aren't going to prove that to be the case one way or the other.

Malky

Established Member
Will likely head to the world cup as England's number 1. Stoke will demand upwards of £40M for him. Personally I don't think he's worth that and we would have better options.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Well there pretty irrelevant numbers given there is no context to them. Not saying Butland is the answer to GK problem but those stats certainly aren't going to prove that to be the case one way or the other.

In context, yeah it's probably hard to have a better saves per goal ratio playing behind a crappy defense. But the same can be said for Cech. Arsenal's defensive liabilities make Cech look more average than he really is. But crappy defense doesn't play so much into distribution accuracy. Butland is a decent keeper, but I think Arsenal could do better. Especially if we're talking £40 million.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Agent putting out his name.

Easy to make a few saves with the workrate Stoke are giving him. Doubt any big clubs interested right now. His stock is much lower than a few years back.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Will likely head to the world cup as England's number 1. Stoke will demand upwards of £40M for him. Personally I don't think he's worth that and we would have better options.

I'd have Pickford over Butland as England no. 1. I don't quite see what Butland has done since he came back from his injury to prove he's better than Pickford. He's been ok, but I don't get the impression he's doing anything special.

Anyway, 40m for Butland would be pure insanity. If Oblak is attainable for 50-60m that would be much better value for money.

Malky

Established Member
I'd have Pickford over Butland as England no. 1. I don't quite see what Butland has done since he came back from his injury to prove he's better than Pickford. He's been ok, but I don't get the impression he's doing anything special.

Anyway, 40m for Butland would be pure insanity. If Oblak is attainable for 50-60m that would be much better value for money.
I'd also have Pickford as number first choice, but get a strong feeling it'll be Butland. I'd also have Pickford at Arsenal over Butland.
Agree that he's not covering himself in glory since he's returned, some of the goals he's conceded have been fairly poor and a top keeper saves them comfortably. Personally he's another example of the English media and pundits over rating their own players. Anything around the £40M mark is scandalous for him, I would rather see us paying Oblak's full release clause than spending half of it on Butland.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Anything around the £40M mark is scandalous for him, I would rather see us paying Oblak's full release clause than spending half of it on Butland.

This. Not good enough. Oblak or Alisson with Cech as backup for me.

Top Bottom